Just Friends

18

"Stay in Chicago."

I sleepily rolled over and smiled at Patrick, when I realized he was being completely serious I propped myself up on my elbows at studied him.

" school . Remember?"

"What do you need school for anyways? You have everything you could possibly want right here in Chicago." He gave me his signature half smirk.

I rolled my eyes and lazily pushed his shoulder, "You're so fucking conceited."

"I'm serious though, I don't want you leaving." Patrick attempted to pout.

"You're leaving for the olympics training camp in what? 3 days? And then season starts….you won't even notice I'm not here, then by the time you know it - it'll be Christmas and me and Erica will be home." I smiled.

__________

"Everything set?" I asked Erica as I began to board my flight.

"Everythings perfect. He won't stop whining about you ignoring him for 3 whole days….like oh my gosh I haven't heard from Peyton in forever what if I lost her?" Erica snickered as she mimicked her brother.

'Quiet, it's his birthday. Try and be nice. I feel bad he feels bad." I sighed.

"He'll survive, he has me and Jon. Which, you'll be glad, are they only ones who 'remembered' his birthday. He's been sulking around all day." Erica announced.

"Wonderful, I'll see you in a couple hours, you're picking me up, don't forget!"

_________

"Two of my favorite people in the whole wide world!" I grinned as I began to run towards Erica and Jon.

The week before we were supposed to go home for the summer, Jon finally found the courage to tell Erica how he felt about her, and Erica finally decided that maybe it was time to settle down with someone, or at least try it. So Jon basically begged her to stay out in Chicago with him and Pat, which after a few minutes of persuading, Erica caved.

"Pats throwing a tantrum at the apartment." Jon chuckled as I gave him a hug.

"Are you surprised? Me and Er pretended to forget his 7th birthday and he threw himself a party with all the staff from that pizza restaurant on the corner."

Erica shook her head and hugged me, "I missed you so so much, please move out here."

I didn't respond, instead I walked over to get my suitcases and then we walked to Jons car.

"Ok so clearly I can't keep my bags in Pats place yet so can I drop them off at your guys' until he finds out I'm here? And Jon, can you make sure he's not like roaming the halls or anything so he doesn't bump into me?"

"You got it captain." Jon saluted.

_______

"Uh, Pey, can you come here for a minute!"

I put my curling wand down and made my way towards Erica.

"Oh my god." My eyes widened as I took in the cake that sat on the kitchen counter. It was 3 tiers, just how I had ordered it, but it was for a one year olds birthday.

"This could actually be kinda funny though?"

"I think it's hilarious." Jon commented, reaching for a piece of frosting, but Erica swatted his hand away.

"Right?" I nodded, trying to convince myself. I picked up the cake carefully as Erica and Jon opened the door for me.

"It's 6:50, so we'll send everyone up at 7? They're all in the lobby." Jon said, reading his phone.

"Perfect." I smiled.

________

"Uhm, pizza delivery for Mr. Kane!" I mustered up the deepest voice I could and banged on Pats door.

"I didn't order a pizza." I heard his voice call back. I rolled my eyes.

"Well someone ordered you a pizza and they already paid for it so come get it!"

I smiled as I heard his footsteps.

"This isn't a piz-

I moved the cake out of my face so he could see me.

"Peyt!" He practically yelled as he moved to hug me, I smiled and quickly made my way into his apartment to carefully set the cake down before hugging him.

"I'm dreaming." He said, still holding me close.

"Don't think so." I smiled and kissed him, it started soft and slow but quickly heated up as I had to steady myself my leaning on the table. I pulled away for air, "Happy birthday."

Instead of responding, he went back to kissing and I knew what he was implying - but he was interrupted by someone knocking on his door.

Patrick sighed as he walked to the door.

"SURPRISE!"

Patrick looked to the 30+ people standing in his doorway, to me, to the doorway again.

"Surpise?" I giggled as everyone made their way inside his house.

"I hate you." He smiled as he leaned in for a kiss.

"Happy birthday?" I giggled as we greeted all of the guests.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg so this took forever and a year to update and I'm beyond beyond sorry:( School started in August and I got really caught up with that and dance and I just wasn't making the time to write. A bad case of writers block isn't helping either. SO if anyone stuck around and is still reading, I'd love to hear your suggestions on where this story should go or what you wanna see more of! Love you guys and thankyou for being so patient with me!