Just Friends

02

"Holy shit, how long are you guys staying here for?" Jon and Patrick complained as they lugged our luggage into the lobby of the Trump.

"Long enough." Erica smirked, knowing it would get on her brothers nerves.

"Mouse can stay, you gotta go once your time is up." Patrick smirked over towards me.

"Who says I want to stay here, you're mean to me." I said to Patrick as I followed Jon and Erica into the elevator.

"Quit bickering will you two, I have a headache." Erica sighed dramatically as the elevator stopped at our floor.

"She's just pissy because I ruined her chances with some random on the plane." I explained to Jon and Patrick as they walked our luggage to our room.

Patricks eyes widened to his little sister as Jonathan looked amused.

"Great Peyt, now I'm gonna get an earful from this one." Erica glared at me as she opened our hotel room door aggressively.

"What did I tell you about talking to these random creep-" Patrick began, trying to push himself into the hotel room to follow his sister. I quickly blocked his path, not wanting to start a fight with Er our first night in Chicago.

"As if you're one to talk. Leave her be, we'll see you tomorrow, nice meeting you Jonathan." I smiled politely as the boys hesitantly said good night and went home to their suites.

________

Beep beep beep

"Peyton shut that thing off before I bang it into your freakin skull!" Erica yelled from her room.

I groggily pushed myself out of bed and pressed the snooze button on my alarm clock. 5:30

I went to my bathroom and washed my face before changing into http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_57/set?id=93081730]This.

"Sure you don't wanna come?" I called to Erica as I laced up my gym shoes.

"Go you prick, I'll make sure to write you letters from fat camp!"

I giggled as I opened the door and headed out for my run.

Chicago springs were chillier then I had expected, even running, I felt the crisp breeze hit me pretty hard. I put on my running playlist, perfectly set for 5 miles and began my run.

"Mouse!"

I felt someone tap my shoulder on the way back and slowed my pace. Turning to face Patrick Kane.

"Oh my god, you scared me." I said, slowing my pace and taking out my headphones.

"Sorry" he apologized, "Where's Er?"

"Home, she said she'd write me from fat camp." I chuckled.

"Figures. How long did you run for?"

"5 miles there and back."

"Shit, when did Peyton become an athlete?"

"You know, we were all just so inspired when you got drafted, we all wanted to be pros!" I joked as he rolled his eyes.

"Glad I can inspire people all the way in New York." He joked.

I smirked as I continued my run, picking up speed. Patrick ran by my side for the remainder of my run, going back to the Trump.

"How are you not dying right now?" He asked as we entered the lobby, he was out of breath with his hair matted to his face with sweat.

"Used to it I guess." I shrugged, walking onto the elevator.

"Want breakfast? Jons probably up by now and I know you can't cook for shit and neither can Erica."

"Food sounds good." I nodded, following him to his suite.

"Welcome to Casa De Kane!" Patrick said as he opened the door to his suite.

I walked in the large penthouse. I could smell bacon coming from the kitchen as I stepped over clothes and shoes strewn across the floor.

"Casa De Kaneā€¦is a pig stye." I laughed as I took a seat at his kitchen table, "Hi Jon."

"Peyton right?" I nodded as I took a piece of toast.

"This is clean for him you know." Jonathan said as he placed a pancake on my plate.

I raised my eyebrow at Pat, "This is clean?"

"Its all his fault, he's staying with me while his apartment gets renovated."

"It's my fault its clean ." Jonathan clarified.

I laughed and shook my head as the two boys bickered, eating my pancake.

"Well thank you for breakfast, I better get back before Erica calls the cop with a missing persons report." I stood up and washed my plate off before putting my shoes back on.

"You're always welcome at 'Case de Kane' mouse." Patrick smirked as he cleared off the table.

"Why does he call you mouse?" Jon asked me.

I rolled my eyes as I opened the door to leave, "He's stupid, don't get any ideas about calling me that." I said before leaving.