Just Friends

20

"Alright birthdays over so I'm coming in there in 3 minutes and I expect the both of you to be fully clothed, got it?"

I groaned and giggled, stuffing my face into Pats bare chest as we heard Erica yell throughout the apartment.

"Best birthday ever," Patrick smirked, leaning up to kiss me. I grinned as I positioned my body so I was hovering over him.

"I love you," I leaned down to kiss him again, then rested my chin on his collarbone, looking up at him. He kissed me once more before I rolled off of him and went to the bathroom to clean up before Er barged in.

"I just got her back, you can't even give me the morning after with her?" Pat groaned to his sister as we sat on the kitchen bar stools.

Erica pretended to think about her answer, "I just got her back too! It's not my fault you both are lazy and couldn't wake up earlier to have your great morning sex."

"And you can't even play miss innocent this time, nice hickey Pat," Erica smirked, slapping her brothers neck where, just our luck, was a very visible, hickey.

"Don't you have a boyfriend somewhere?" I asked, before Erica could think of anymore smart ass remarks.

She smirked a smirk that was all too similar to her brothers, "Prac-tice."

"Fuck, thanks for the reminder," Patrick said, retreating quickly to the bedroom to get changed.

"That's why I'm here now! I wanted to give the both of you time from your crazy night of rough-"

"That's enough," I laughed, shoving a piece of bread into her mouth to shut her up.

_________

"So catch me up, what'd I miss," I smiled, shoving a forkful of dan dan noodles from PF Changs into my mouth.

"I'm scared Pey," Erica said, causing me to look up at her.

2 Things Erica Kane always denied, 1. That she wouldn't date and 2. Admitting she was afraid of something.

"He told me he loved me last night."

"Er that's awesome oh my god!" I squealed excitedly.

"And I didn't say anything, I pretended I was sleeping. And I ran out of the apartment this morning before he woke up."

"It's okay to love someone, Er." I assured my scared looking best friend from across the table.

"I don't want to get hurt," she mumbled, barely audible.

"Everyone's always saying how love hurts, but that's not true. Loneliness hurts, rejections hosts, losing someone hurts. People are always confusing these things with love, but literally, love is the only thing in this world that doesn't hurt."

"But hurt and loneliness and rejection and jealously, they all happen because of love. This is easy for you, you know Patrick will end up marrying you one day," Erica sighed.

"Being with your brother is anything but, and you know that. But you have to go through all the bad stuff and pain to get the good. He loves you Er, everyone can see it from the way he looks at you. And he's obviously serious about your relationship if you've been living with him for the last couple months-"

I was on a roll and feeling like Ghandi, when my phone rang. I signaled for Erica to hold up a minute when I answered it.

"Hello?"

"I'm better looking than Sharpie, right?" Patricks loud voice and muffled sounds of the locker room rang through my ear.

"I hate you." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Where are you?"

"Date with Erica," I answered, "And I'm hanging up now."

"You never answered my question!" He protested.

"Sharp," I smirked before pressing the end button and putting my phone away.

"Come on missy, we have some shopping to do," I smiled, placing money on the table and pulling Erica up with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said the last chapter was the end, but that may have been a tiny, white lie.:) lol I decided to keep writing this because I'm finally out of my writers block slump and writing sequels are so annoying sometimes! So comments are always appreciated as well as recs and of course, if you enjoy it, subscribe! I have Monday off, so I'll upload one or two more times before then!