Just Friends

06

"I HATE HIM!" I let out my frustration as soon as I stepped foot into the hotel, yelling throughout the whole room.

"Shit Pey, this isn't only your suite."

I looked to the front room to see Erica and some guy tangled on the couch.

"Oh sorry!" I said, embarrassed as the guy clumsily got up and rushed out of the suite.

"I'll call you." The guy said hopefully to Erica as he opened the door to leave.

Erica waved him off, "Please don't."

I chuckled to myself as I poured myself some wine in the fridge and took a seat on the chair across from Erica.

"He seemed nice."

"Ugh, what is it with guys being so clingy? Isn't that a girls job? I can't find one decent guy who just wants to make out a little, they always want something more." Erica complained as she got up to pour herself a drink.

I laughed at Ericas troubles. She didn't believe in dating, her theory was "might as well have fun while we're young, who needs the mess that comes with relationships."

"Who do you hate? Was Andrew really that bad of a kisser?" Erica smirked as she returned to her seat.

"Wouldn't know." I groaned, feeling myself get annoyed all over again while I replayed the events back in my head.

"What happened?" Erica asked curiously.

"Patrick Kane, thats what happened." I hissed, taking a sip of my wine to calm me.

"Should've known." Erica nodded in understanding, "What'd he do this time? Herpes card again, you do have a little pimple right there it could look like it."

My hand flew up to my face immediately as I nervously searched for the zit she was talking about.

"He somehow found out where Andrew was taking me and he brought some dumb broad with him and he ruined our date, he made sure Andrew was interested in the girl and Andrew left with the girl!"

"Ohh that was probably my fault, I kinda let it slip that you were going to Harry Carays with him." Erica said apologetically.

"Er!"

"I'm sorry! After you left I went to Pats to just chill with Jon and Patrick was there and he was like 'I thought you and Peyt were going for lunch' and I was like 'no silly she's going with Andrew'. It slipped before I could even think!"

"Chill with Jon?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Whats wrong with me! He's not interested in me at all I don't get it." Erica whined.

"You like Jon?! I thought he was like how Patrick is to me but for you!" I said surprised.

Erica sighed, "He is! But Peyt, he's hot and I just wanna see how he is, but he's not interested at all! A guy friend zoning me ! Peyt, I'm like the queen of friend zoning!"

I laughed, "Trust me Er, we all know. Jon seems like a good guy, he's probably just respecting whatever rules Patrick has set for him."

"Bullshit. If Jon really wanted to hook up with me he would, who in the right mind would be afraid of Pat?"

"He's just being a good friend." I reassured her.

"I don't care good friend food friend, I'm hooking up with him before we go home."

"Food friend?" I raised my eyebrow.

"It rhymed ok." Erica chuckled as she took a sip from her wine.

______

"Hell no, I'm going back home." I said, turning on my heel to exit.

I knew Erica had something up her sleeve when she woke me up extra early and extra giddy to just get breakfast with me.

"Hell no you aren't." Erica mimicked as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the table where Jon and Patrick were sitting.

"If it isn't two of my favorite girls." Patrick smiled as we walked to the table.

I ignored him and sat down, "Nice to see you Jon."

Jon snickered and glanced towards Patrick before smiling and saying hi to me and Erica.

"We got you tickets to tonights game." Jonathan smiled proudly as he slid two tickets my way.

"Ah no way! Thank you!" Erica gushed as if going to see her brother play hockey was a 'once in a lifetime' ordeal.

______

"Take it off."

I raised my eyebrow, "No."

I was wearing this to the game since the Hawks were playing the Bruins. My old college roommate was a huge Bruins fan and she got me the shirt for my birthday.

He wasn't amused. "Take if off now."

"I tried to warn her, sorry brudder." Erica shrugged as she stepped around me and Patrick to get water from the kitchen.

ā€œIā€™m not going anywhere with you dressed like that.ā€

"You'll be on the ice dips hit."

"After." he was adamant that I changed.

"Do they always bicker like this?" Jonathan asked Erica, loud enough for me and Patrick to hear.

I looked down at the jersey I was wearing and shrugged, "Then you'll be going on your own."

"Take it off."

"Not happening." I said before attempting to leave the apartment.

He blocked my path instead, "Peyton."

"Patrick." I mocked.

"Why are you even wearing it?" He asked, taking a different approach at trying to get me to change.

"Because I can." I pushed my way around him and hoped Erica would follow since she was driving, which she did.