Just Friends

08

Wake up

I rolled my eyes as I reached for my phone sitting on my dresser, I took the wet towel out of my hair and shook my hair out of my face, dry enough, I shrugged.

I pulled out a shirt and some leggings before texting back.

up

come over

I groaned and walked to his apartment.

"Babbyyy, I'm home!"

"Peyt, is there something you're not telling me?"

I turned to see Jon chuckling to himself on the couch, eating a bowl of cereal and still in his pajamas.

"I'm not here to get rid of last nights booty call?" I asked, feeling my cheeks flush with color.

"Nope, you're not. Nice shirt, real inspirational." Patrick smirked as he came out of his bedroom.

"I can't help it that the past times you call me over in the morning I'm scaring some girl away." I said in my defense.

"Well you did a pretty shitty job of scaring Jon away, but come on."

I glanced Jonathans way to see him flipping Pat off, I laughed and followed him out of the apartment.

"Where are we going?" I asked Pat as we walked outside of the building.

"Surprise." He smirked as he sped walk to wherever we were going.

I rolled my eyes, "I hate surprises!" I said, speed walking to catch up with him.

_______

"Stop laughing, this isn't funny!" Patrick wagged his finger in my face, I was laughing uncontrollably.

"I can't help it, let me take a picture!" I laughed as I reached for my phone.

"What does it say?" Patrick asked our waiter.

"You know you talk a lot, you're worse then a woman." Our waiter Jason fired back as he put my hat on my head, I snickered.

"If you need anything which you probably will you women are so needy call me I guess." Jason threw straws at us before sauntering off.

"Ok on the count of three we both can take it off and look……one..two…three!"

"I'm the reason the whole hockey team has mono" I read my hat out loud as a smile crept onto my face, "Oh my god!"

"Even my hand turns me down." Patrick read his as he burst out laughing, "I hate this place I can't believe you wanted to come here so bad."

"It's funny now put your hate back on." I ordered as I set mine to the side.

"Alright Ms Mono put yours on too." He grabbed my hat and stuck in on my head.

"How'd you know I wanted to come here?" I asked as I reached for one of the straws Jason threw our way, and took a sip of my coke.

"Erica says you wouldn't stop talking about it."

I nodded, "This is nice, I missed my best friend."

"I missed mine too, even if she gave the whole team mono."

I threw my straw wrapper at him, "Catch me up on the life of P Kane. I feel like I know…nothing."

"You know everything you dork, you know me better then anyone else."

I shrugged, "I guess but honestly I haven't seen you in a year what's new and exciting in the life of a profesh hockey player?"

Patrick laughed and ran his hand through his hair, "I was pissed you didn't come down during Winter break with the family. How can you go a year without seeing me?!"

"Easier then you thought not hearing your annoying voice all day." I smirked.

"I'm hurt mouse. Nothings new though I mean nothings changed I guess."

I glared at the old nickname, "You've definitely changed." I pointed out as I took a bite of my burger.

"and so did you."

"I didn't change at all." I said stubbornly.

"I almost didn't recognize you! The only thing that hasn't changed is your voice."

"I seriously hate you."

"No you don't. Wanna hear about my girlfriend?" He smiled.

"Oh my god how could you not tell me! I have to meet her before I go home, I need to approve of her." I said sternly.

"Geez Peyt, I'm joking. If I did she does not need you approval however."

"Ummm does too. And Ericas. She can't be some nasty girl who you meet at like a strip club or something." I shuddered. I knew how Patrick was with his one night stands, I couldn't imagine his mothers face if he ever brought one of those girls home.

"Strip club girls aren't all bad." He defended as I rolled my eyes.

"God knows the ones you find are, they're dirty Pat. Donna would never approve."

"And what kind of girl would get your and my mothers approval?" He asked, clearly amused.

I tapped my chin as I thought, "Someone pretty, clearly, but she has to be smart. Not some girl who's just using you, or some dumb girl who doesn't know what she's saying most of the time. She has to be funny and sweet and genuinely care about you. And she has to know how to put you in your place."

"Put me in my place?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yes!" I sighed loudly, "We can't have you being too cocky."

"You're insane." he wagged a fry in my face before eating it.

I smiled as I ate one of my own, "You love me."
♠ ♠ ♠
The restaurant they're at is Dicks Last Resort and it's seriously soooo yummy and fun LOL I love it there:) And my hat actually did say what Peytons said except it said 'baseball' instead of hockey-_-

Comments are the best!