Status: In progress :)

Lies, Love, and Amnesia

Chapter 4

I have had a lot of spare time lately. thank you again to everyone who has been reading :) Please let me know your thoughts, good or bad... and constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Sorry the chapter is rather short...More Loki action will be up soon, hopefully in the next could of chapters I can add him in there again! Keep hanging in there!

CHAPTER 4

"His name is Donald Blake."

"Dr. Donald Blake." Selvig correct Agent Coulson.

"You have dangerous coworkers Dr. Selvig, and delusional. He placed my daughter in danger." My father motioned towards me. I was standing off to the side. I had my own opinions and thoughts about the matter, but now was not the time to express those thoughts. Not once did I feel as though I was in danger. I did not feel threatened by this man. However, still in a state of shock that I could barely talk, let alone defend a stranger's bizarre accusations.

"He was distraught when he'd found out you had taken all of our research. That was years of his life, gone."

"That still doesn't explain how he managed to tear through out security."

"Steroids...He's a bit of a fitness nut." Selvig replied. I could read his every being. He was lying, it was plain to see. Nevertheless, when my father turned to me for truthful reassurance, I merely shrugged my shoulders indicating that his testament was true. Nothing more could be farther from the truth.

"Sir..." A nearby Agent called for Coulson's attention. The data of this 'Dr. Donald Blake' is falsified data. My body stiffened, well there goes my lie.

"It says here he is an MD."

"Well he is. or he was. He, ah, switched careers and became a physicist." Selvig continued to stammer his words. I would consider his lies careless and hasty. Coulson, believed him, although he did not believe him completely.

I escorted Selvig into the interrogation room, to retrieve Dr. Blake, or Thor. The various names made it hard to place a single identification on this man.

"Oh, donny donny donny. I'm taking you home now."

The man went with the motions and followed Selvig into the doorway but paused just before the exit. In a low voice, just quiet enough for me to hear, he spoke, "You knew me. You know who you are. Aurora, you're a God."

My eyes narrowed, the man was not going to give up. Although these final words were not filled with passion, instead filled with defeat, "Knowing something and understanding it are not the same thing."

"Farewell, Lady Aurora." He clasped his hand onto mine, bringing it to his lips, where he pressed gently to the backside of my hand. With the final good bye, he left. Disappeared. Not before hearing my father call out to the pair.

"Dr. Selvig, keep him away from the bars!"

/

It was late into the night, many of the agents were out on patrol. I was left in the control room with Clint. My thoughts secluded me from him trying to begin several conversations. I was slow to understand what Clint was expressing to me.

"Why are you still on assignment so late?"

"Yes," I replied, my distracting thoughts not allowing me to respond in an intelligent manner.

Clint sighed loudly in frustration.

The computer system had all of SHIELD's information, all the classified documents and legal papers on cases I do not have clearance too. I do not know how to explain it, or how to explain a lot of things in my life. I just had this gut feeling, this instinct, that Thor-Donald-Whatever his name is, is right. So to fly by the seat of my pants and to trust my instinct would mean that I would need to hack into SHIELD's computer system and find my file. I was nervous, it is to go against everything I have ever been told to do, but it felt right. An overwhelming sense of a feeling.

"Um, Clint, I just got a text from my father saying he wants to see you in Sector 2, ASAP." I lied, pretending to be reading off of my cell phone. Clint nodded his head before attending to the false orders.

It was now or never. I sat forcefully in front on the computer trying to bypass any and all security clearance using my father's information. I shifted nervously in the chair, my hands fidgeting every other second with each other, waiting for clearance and waiting for documents to download. And then there it was, under security clearance 7, I myself was at level 5. I found it odd that my file would be under such heavy security.

'Ellie Coulson.' the file read. I double click the file. My breath hitched in my throat as waves of pictures appeared on the screen. I search though every picture and document. Small beads of perspiration formed on my upper lip and waves of heat and cold swept over me, like having fever fighting for control of my body. I found pictures similar to those recovered in Jane's research. Pictures of me wearing foreign material. It looked like an elegant dress torn to shreds. The loud thumping seemed to drown out all other sounds as my heart pounded against my ribs and my lungs struggled to intake sufficient air. The words 'not of this world' and 'alien' stood out to me. 'Agent Coulson to foresee young woman's decent into society.' Dizziness threatened to drop me to my knees and I felt my stomach contract, the symptom of fight or flee, creating an even greater fear.

"Ellie..."

I turned swiftly to find my father standing in the door way. My vision blurred from the tears forming in my eyes.

Crying is losing control-so much that my body ceases to obey myself in the face of the fact. My voice jumped across the octaves and my hands are shaking, all while my breaths became short and shallow.

For the first time in my life, I had no idea what I'm suppose to do...

"Is that even my name?"

Couslon stared at his feet for seconds before breathing deep, "No." Was all he managed to breathe out, "You weren't suppose to see those."

"Why couldn't you tell me from the beginning?!" I half shouted in anger, "There was no car accident." A sea of dark emotions churned within me with no outlet but to sob. There was nothing but the sorrow and the tears and the sheer unfairness of everything.

"I'm sorry. I do love you, as a daughter."

I scoffed at his remark. Love. Such a fragile thing. Perhaps another lie. Over the years, my relationship with my father has evolved. From as far back as I can remember, I've known him: From as far back as I know, I've depended on him. I always ran back to him when I needed to. But after this bitter quarrel, I had to stop running to him and walk away.

Without saying another word, I retrieved my coat from the back side of the chair, passing Coulson on my way out. My destination was unknown, I had to find that man, Thor, even if it meant having to search every bar in New Mexico.

As I drove, I felt a slow, melting realization that my dreams I have had for years now are true, it means something, of who I was.

/

I walked into a dusky, dingy, dank little bar off the beaten path. From around the corner, I could hear the somnolent buzz of the eponymous neon marlin fish out front, providing a backdrop for the clinking of glasses and drone-like chatter of hundred best friends and ex lovers.

As I entered the joint, the intermingled smells of smoke and sweat and too many people instantly assaulted my nostrils as I inhaled deeply. "Ahhh, it's good to be home" I thought and pushed my body through the pulsating throng. Finally finding my way to an empty barstool in the corner, I caught Thor's eye before I had even noticed his presence within the bar, I was too busy trying to find an escape from my thoughts for the moment. I motioned to the bartender. "Gin...and Tonic" i mouthed, and he nodded and melted away into the cries of a hundred other thirsty patrons.

By now, my eyes were adjusting to the imminent darkness, tomblike and womblike at the same time. Bright spots of neon beer signs on the wall stood out, illuminating the faces and cleavage and mohawks of the crowd, while others disappeared into the contrasting blackness. A moment later, the gin and tonic slid in front of me, and the bartender was gone before I could even look up to say thank you.

I took the first sip of the simple mixture, cold and icy, slightly sweet and tangy against my lips. It was then I could feel the heated stare against my back. Turning quickly, my eyes locked with Thor's, and there were no words that could sum up the intense wave of emotion as I gazed upon this man. I stood, carrying my drink with me, taking a seat in the empty barstool next to him.

"Who am I?" I began simply. I wanted to chuckle because as I spoke, I also watch as Selvig was having to hold onto the table to keep his balance.

"Your name is Aurora,"he smiled softly as I took another sip of my drink, trying to mask the emotions I had overwhelming inside of me, "You are not from this world. You are of Asgardian."

I nodded my head slowly, "Then how did I end up here?"

"Ah, the story is of great length."

"I have all night." I replied as Thor searched for the words to begin the story of my past. My true past.

I listened carefully as Thor recounted event after event. He recalled childhood stories of humor and mischief. Told me how I was the Queen's hand-maiden and the Royal Dinner that changed everything.

"I did not know at the time. You and my brother were in love."

I breathed in sharply.

"We mourned for you. We thought you lost in Midgard. Loki was distraught and blamed himself for years. Not even Hiemdall could see you."

"How? Why?"

"You are a master of magic, as well. Loki theorized that you placed a spell on yourself so that he, nor anyone, could ever seek you out."

At that moment I was done asking questions. Every recalled memory explained everything I needed to know. Selvig could no longer stand on two feet, "I'm afraid I must return him now." Thor motioned to the physicist.

"Yes, yes that's quite alright. I will be seeing you again soon."