Status: Scattered.

Karlos Krap

This Is Goodbye

Extreme Rules
May 19, 2013
Scottrade Center
St. Louis, Missouri


The cheers and boos could still be heard as he walked behind the curtain for the last time. A chorus of “Great job,” or “We’ll miss you,” was heard as he made his way further past the gorilla position. While there was nothing more he wanted to do other than shower and get some well deserved rest, duty still called. There were a few final things that needed to be done before he could call it a day.

A quick kiss to his girl and he was off again, heading over to where he’d be doing an exclusive for WWE.com.

******

He was furious. He was livid. He was every other word that you could think of in the category of angry. He paced as the camera crew approached him, flipping a table topped with water bottles over as they reached him.

“Karlos, could we possibly get a few words?”

The now former WWE Superstar stopped in his tracks and stared at the man behind the camera. “I just got fired and you want a few words?!” The man’s famous Latin temper was in full force after the match results. “Do you want me to say that I’m thrilled to have had my contract revoked by the likes of Austin Blake?! Do you want me to say it was a great match?! That I’m happy to have lost to him?! Well I’m not going to say any of that! I’m not--” He stopped midsentence. When it came to Karlos the phrase ‘glaring daggers’ couldn’t even come close to describing the aura given off in this situation, though ‘if looks could kill’ did come pretty close.

Down the hall was Austin, leaning against a crate with a towel over his shoulder and a bottle of water in his hand. While just as tired as Karlos his demeanor couldn’t have been more different. He stood there with a somber look on his face. But Karlos didn’t care, his blood was boiling and all he saw was red. The 6’2” man stormed over to where his former ‘rookie’ stood, camera crew not far behind, and slapped the water bottle out of the younger man’s hand so to ensure that all attention was on himself before he spoke. “How dare you?! What do you think gave you the right to fire me?! My WWE career is longer than your entire career! What gives you any right to fire a veteran like me?!”

The somber look never once left Austin’s face as Karlos went on his verbal tirade. “I was drinking that,” were the first words to leave Austin’s mouth as Karlos took a pause.

The simple phrase dumbfounded Karlos but that didn’t stop him from continuing his yelling. “Does it look like I care?! My career is more important than what you’re drinking or not!”

A small group of WWE Superstars and personnel began to gather as the man from Chicago sighed. “You want to know what gave me the right to fire you? This.” He picked up a small stack of papers. “I won your contract in that Ladder Match at WrestleMania, I hold your contract and can end it whenever I want. And I did just that tonight. If you had ever valued your contract or your career you would have never said ‘I quit’ that’s what cost you your contract. Like I said out there, you don’t deserve to be a WWE Superstar.” And with that Austin began tearing up the now void contract of Karlos Charisma.

If Karlos had been furious before there were now no words to describe his state. The brown-eyed man lunged at his former tag team partner, wanting to tear him limb from limb. Unfortunately for Karlos he didn’t so much as get to touch Austin, the group of Superstars and personnel managed to intervene and grab hold of the Latin man before he got a chance to do any sort of damage. With two men on each side of him there was little the 6’2” man could do. But the somber look never once left the green-eyed man’s face as he was keep in place by some other Superstars and personnel, watching as the man he once considered a mentor struggled, kicked, and screamed as he was dragged off back to the locker rooms.


******

The cameras stopped rolling and a storm of applause and cheers broke out in the backstage area.

Another chorus of “Great job,” or “We’ll miss you,” was heard as Carlos, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton (two of the four men that had dragged Carlos toward the locker rooms) all walked back to where the others were gathered, arm around each others’ shoulders and laughing like the good friends they were. Once with the others the duo formerly known as Armageddon bowed dramatically as was their custom, laughing hysterically as they did, Randy just shook his head at the two.

“Man, I can’t believe you’re actually gonna be leaving!” Jericho said, pulling the man he considered a brother into an embrace.

Hugging back the Mexican replied, “It’s just that time, hermano.”

“Gah, why do you have to be so old?”

“Why’d you get so much time off?”

The bantering would have continued had someone not coughed. The two could easily get lost in banter if left on their own.

The West Coast native turned his attention to those gathered for his final moment, taking a deep breath before speaking, “Guys, thank you all for being a part of a great farewell and an even better career. I really wouldn’t have been able to do any of it without help. My contract officially ends on Friday at midnight but I won’t be here for the next two days, however, for the rest of the week I’ll still be around backstage sharing the last bit of knowledge that I’ve got.”

A few chuckles were heard before a mahogany haired woman stepped out from the crowd and toward Carlos. Turning back toward those gathered she winked as she wrapped her arms around the man. “But until then, he’s all mine.” Chuckles turned into cat-calls as the two shared a kiss.

“Alright, alright, go get a room you two.” Chris Jericho, one of the few people that could get away with saying certain this to and about Carlos. “Honestly, you date Rocio then breakup with her then get back together and have her as your secret girlfriend then you’re all out in the open again. I will never know what you’re up to next.”

“You’ve got that right.” Carlos laughed, throwing his arm back around his oldest friend. “But now’s not the time to get into detail, we’ve got a flight to catch. I’ll see you all again in two days.”

The crowd would say their goodbyes and as they started to head their separate ways the man from SoCal would notice the absence of his match opponent. Turning to the former burlesque dancer he'd say, "Go say bye to the girls, I'm gonna get my stuff and find Austin."

“Right, I’ll meet you at the car.”

******

“Yo.”

“Hey.”

Carlos scoffed as he walked further into the locker room and taking a seat on the bench next to the man he had his final match against. Both were still in their ring gear. “Oh lighten up, will you?!” The now former Superstar put his hand on Austin’s shoulder, giving the younger man a light shake before continuing, “It’s over and done. I do not want to see you moping around over this. It was my choice to retire, my choice to have it be tonight, my choice as to how, and my choice to have it be you to retire me. You know you could have said no if you didn’t want to do it, but you didn’t so I swear if you get depressed or some shit like that I will come back and beat the crap out of you.”

“Please, you’re way too old to beat the crap out of anyone now.” Austin had let a small smile replace the somber look that was previously on his face.

“You wanna bet on that?” The man from Los Angeles stood up and looked down at the man from Chicago.

The man from Chi-Town stood up to face the man from the City of Angels, chest out as he stood his full height. With an exhale the man slouched a bit. “Nah.”

The two men shared a laugh. “Lame, you’re no fun at all.”

“Pfft. You’re no fun, you’re the one leaving this great circus after all.”

“I’ve spent enough time in this circus to last a life time.” Carlos gave a glance to the locker room before throwing the last of his items into his suitcase. “Now it’s your turn dude. Enjoy the ride and try not to get fired.”

“Easier said than done bro.”

“Well you better try otherwise I’ll still have Steph, Hunter, and Vince on my ass. Now get your ass dressed and back on the road, you’ve got shows to do.”

Austin rolled his eyes. “And if I remember correctly, you’ve got a plane to catch and you girl waiting for you. So stop making her wait.”

“So you’re kicking me out of here now?” Bag now zipped shut Carlos pulled out it handle and set it on the floor. “I see how it is. Fine, fine. I’ll go. Just remember, I know your schedule and where you live! I’ll get you back for kicking me out.”

“Oh lower the drama, old man and get on with your retirement.”

“Yeah, alright, I’ll see you around, Rookie.”

“Later, Sensi.”

*****

The owners of Desert Side Wrestling sat in the near empty terminal, their flight still a few minute away from its projected landing. Rocio sat leaning with her head on Carlos’ shoulder, her blue eyes closed as they waited. Carlos had his phone held out in front of him taking a picture of the two. Then a thought occurred to him, “Hey Chio, I’m gonna Tout a goodbye so if you don’t wanna be seen sleeping sit up.”

“I’m fine where I am. It’s only fifteen seconds.” Rocio said, not even moving from her spot on Carlos’ shoulder. With a smile, Carlos held out his phone again and began to record his Tout.

“Hey guys, I just wanted to thank all of you for your support over the years. It really means the world to us that you support us day in and day out. And after some twenty-two years I have felt quite a bit of love. But now it’s time for a well deserved break, so this is goodbye.”

“You’re so cheesy.”

“Pero me amas.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear lord. After who knows how long I have finally finished! This is my take on what happened after Extreme Rules the night Carlos retired. Just some excitement, laughter, and some goodbyes.

I hope you'll enjoy this and whatever else I can finish up.

Austin Blake does not belong to me, he belongs to a friend of mine.
Carlos Belmonte & Rocio Santos & Desert Side Wrestling are mine
Everyone else (c) Themselves/WWE/whoever