Status: All kinds of ideas float around my head. Keep or Kill?

Filipendulous

Introduction

Garrett Pike is a head turner. He commands attention. It may be the self confidence and pride that seem to ooze out of his pores, or it could be his handsome features. It is impossible to not glance at him when he walks into a room.

I couldn’t keep my eyes off when he first walked into the small restaurant I worked at three years ago. Everything about him screamed loaded. His walk, his clothes, and even his aftershave. I was lucky waitress who had his table and it took everything in me to approach him and who I assumed to be his brother. By some miracle, I managed to capture his attention. He introduced himself smoothly and flashed a white lopsided grin my way.

I was infatuated instantly.

By the end of the night, he managed to get my number. I was surprised that he wanted me. I was nothing more than a poor teenager that moved to New York to follow my dreams.

Dreams that never came true.

We began dating and after six months we were living together, and three years late he proposed. I, of course, said yes.

The large emerald cut ring was something celebrities would wear. Even though he started doting on me from the beginning it is still something I’m not used to.

But, nobody is perfect and that includes Garrett. He has a short fuse and blows up without much warning. I’ve learned to stay on his good side, but my love for him slowly dissipated. He was too much like my father.

His family were something you hear about in action movies. Every illegal thing you could think of, they have done. Human trafficking, smuggling, dealing drugs, murder, rape, ect. I continued to turn a blind eye, even when it kept me awake at night.

Shortly after our engagement, I met one of his father’s workers, Chance.

Chance was the opposite of Garrett. He came from a poor family, had to work for every little thing, and was incredibly sweet. Everything about Garrett was darker.

Yet they still had similarities. Both had curly hair, but Garrett’s was black, and Chance’s was a medium brown and only curled around the base of his neck. Garrett’s eyes matched his hair, but Chance’s eyes were a dark green that had flecks of gold. Garrett was American, and Chance was British. Garrett is 6’ and Chance is 6’2.

I’m engaged to one and in love with the other.

My name is Wren Phoenix Landon and I am fucked.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I fiddled with my phone as I waited for the barista to finish my white chocolate mocha. Finally taking my hot cup of caffeine, I walked into the busy streets of New York City. My heels clicked on the pavement as I made my way down the familiar streets. Feeling my phone vibrate in my palm, I glanced down and smiled at the name that flashed across my screen.

Chance.

“Hello,” I chirped in greeting.

“Hey, babe,” he responded, “what’re you doing?”

I shrugged even though he couldn’t see me. “I was making my way to see Aoife. We’re going to look at some wedding dress styles online.”

“Have time for a pitstop?”

“No,” I laughed, “this can’t wait. Garrett is harassing me to hurry up and pick something out. I’m going tomorrow.”

“I know,” Chance said, “he asked me to go with you and Aoife.”

I stopped in my tracks. “What? Why would he do that?”

“I don’t know, Wren. He just said that he wanted me to keep an eye on you. Just to make sure you don’t get hurt.”

“Do you think he knows?” I questioned quietly, “if he finds out...”

“We’ll both be dead,” Chance finished, “he didn’t let on that he knew anything. We’ve been careful. Everything is fine.”

I sucked in a deep breath and continued to walk. “Alright. See you tomorrow.”

“When will it just be us again?” He asked. “The only time I’ve been able to see you is when someone is around.”

“We can’t have him get suspicious. Soon, babe. I promise.”

“Alright. Tomorrow then,” he stated before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is just an intro. The idea has been floating around for a while.

Wren