Cold Sweet Brutal Heart

Chapter 5

My sleep get's disturbed by Dark Knight's purr (my cat), I realize that he's just sleeping right next to me, I suddenly feel my nose itchy a bit. Its funny because I am personally allergic to cats, but I have one living in my room. I love Dark Knight, he's always been there for me no matter what, but he knows for one thing he's not allowed on top of my bed. This time I let him sit there snoozing as I close my eyes back down and try to go back to sleep. I reach over to check my phone, which reads the time 8:05 am, and 2 unread messages from my bf. Probably him only telling me that he got out of work and that he got home and knocked out, so their was no reason to txt him back. Wait... did the clock say 8:05??? Fuck!!!! I am late for school!!!! I quickly jump out of bed, scaring Dark Knight away, as I grab some dirty shirt from the ground and keeping my jeans on from which I slept in last night, on the way snatching my studded belt and black sweater, almost tripping on my vans as I run out the door.

"Eli do you know what time it is?!?!?!"

My mom yells as she seems she is cooking breakfast, mmmmm.... smells like those famous delicious breakfasts she use to make before each Sunday morning before church. Damn I could really eat one on my way over.

"Here let me make you a sandwich!"

"No I am good I'll eat at school!!!"

I was VERY late, the latest I could of gotten to school was 8:10, they'd still excuse you by then, but I ended up getting there at 8:30 am. I walk into the office doors since the gate was closed, damn, this means I have to go through the damn principal's assistant. I look over where she was, and just quickly try to go through the other door...

"Ellie..."

Fucking hell.... she will definitely be in my People to Die List, I turn my head only and look at her with very tired black covered eyes. I was NOT going to have a very good day today.

"You're late..." she crosses her arms

I look from side to side, and then force my eyes to quickly look down.

"Did you think you would be able to walk through that other door and safely go to class without getting a Tardy slip?" she speaks in that smartass tone but in this case she just so happens to be an ass

"No..."

"No what?"

"No mam.." I sigh silently, she is really pissing me off

"Ok, come in here and let me give you a tardy slip.." she walks into her office and starts doing what she usually does

As I was about to go shamefully into her office, I hear the office door open, I turn around and see him.... I couldn't remember his name very well, but then again I don't remember if it was mentioned or not. His eyes strangely fall on mine, and it honestly seemed like they stared at eachother for a cool minute, until the receptionist lady said something.

"Mister Englewood, why so late?" she smirks at him

"Heh, I am sorry Mrs. Rodriguez, I had minor troubleshoot with my car.." he then rummages with his keys in his pocket.

"Oh you boys these days, well hurry up and get to class, here let me write you a note so you won't be marked as tardy.." she gladly takes out a sticky note and writes on it

Damn... that's not fair.. how come he get's a better result then I do? This school sucks for picking their favorites, and discriminating... but then again why do I care, I am never one to speak.

"Here.."

I quickly swing my head back to the PA as she hands me a pink tardy slip, I take it and start walking out of the office annoyed.

"Don't let it happen again Ellie!" she calls out behind me

I take a deep breath in, as I read every detail in my tardy slip, walking very slow to my almost finished first period class.

"So you were late huh?"

I hear a very familiar voice behind me, as I turn and see Mister Englewood walking behind me with a raised up eyebrow. God dammit why do you have to be so attractive.

"Mmhmm.."

"Mmm... can you talk or are your lips just automatically sealed as always?"

I didn't know how to take that... offensive or not? But instead I ignored it and kept walking to my first period class.

"Hey, I hope I didn't offend you.." he catches up to me, now walking side by side with him ".. I was just saying though because your always so quiet.."

"Mmm..."

I was always so quiet, but I also talked too.... it just depended who I was with or how I felt with the person. With him I just felt plain intimidated and out of place.

"Your not going to talk?"

"Yea.."I nervously look to my left then to him, trying not to keep that eye contact for long

"Better..." he smirks warmly at me

Omg his smirk is so cute, it mesmerized me for a minute and I quickly let my gaze back to the floor. I hate being around cute guys!

"Let me see the slip?"

I give him my tardy slip and he observes it and rips it in small little pieces, I gasp and look at him with fear in my eyes.

"Why did you do that?!"

"Finally I got you to say at least a few words.." he chuckles

"That's why you did that?! To make me talk?! What the fuck!!!" I freak

"Hey, shhh, relax Wednesday, I have you covered, leave it to me.."he smiles this time and raises an eyebrow

Wednesday? From Addams Family... wow, I felt good with him calling me that, I smirk quickly but still feel fear inside, as I remember what he said that one time on the field about me. Is he reall gonna get me out of this or is he gonna trick me? Well I can't do anything about it now, since the slip is destroyed no thanks to him. Risks always taken.

"What's your real name anyway?" he asks as we almost get inside the classroom

"Ellie..." I look at him for his name

"I am Matt.." he smiles lightly