‹ Prequel: The Wrong Way
Status: Finished.

The Big Moment

Chapter Two

The bright light hit Alex as soon as he opened his eyes, causing him to wince. He never liked it when he had to get up early, especially on a weekday. Groaning, he slowly rubbed his eyes to help wake himself up, and immediately after, he remembered what day it was. His wedding day. He turned over to his side with a smile on his face, hoping to see his bride-to-be, but instead was left with a small white piece of paper lying in her place. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he picked it up. He recognised her familiar handwriting, so he scanned the paper as he sat up.

See you at the alter.
L xx

He grinned knowing that it was written a matter of hours ago when she successfully escaped his hold; one that he was looking forward to doing for the rest of his life. Looking at the clock, he realised that it was only eight in the morning, so he threw his head back on his pillow and let his thoughts and feelings consume him. He knew that what lay ahead in their future together was going to be amazing, and he certainly couldn’t wait for it to start. Just as his train of thought began, his bedroom door slammed open to reveal Jack standing there with his typical mischievous smirk on his face and a bowl of cereal in his hand.

“So, how’s the groom feeling then?” he mumbled through a mouthful.

Alex turned his head to face him and shrugged, “Like I always do. Fine.”

“You’re not shitting yourself then?”

“Nope,” he smiled, sitting up.

“Really? Cause I’m nervous and I’m not even the one getting married,” Jack shook his head, chuckling.

Alex snorted, “Pussy.”

“Hey!” he protested, flicking a spoonful at his best friend.

Just as Alex was in the process of getting up, Liv was just a few streets away, sitting in Hannah’s kitchen doing the same as Jack; having breakfast. As she sat at the table with a magazine in front of her, she enjoyed the silence which she knew was going to be interrupted as soon as Hannah awoke. She adored her friend which was one of the reasons she appointed her as a bridesmaid, but she almost immediately regretted that decision when Hannah started to become more involved in the wedding than Liv did.

As she turned the page, the front door opened and Cassadee walked in with bright eyes, “Happy wedding day!”

Liv did nothing but chuckle, “Thanks.”

She came into the kitchen, looking curiously at her pyjamas, “You’re not even getting ready yet?”

“It’s eight o’clock in the morning,” Liv looked at her bewildered.

“And?” Cass set her numerous bags down and joined her at the table, “There’s nothing wrong with getting a head start on looking beautiful.”

“What are you trying to say then?” Liv gave her a mock offended expression.

“You know what I mean,” she rolled her eyes. Before either of them could say another word, footsteps came rushing down the stairs which only meant one thing; Hannah was no longer sleeping.

“Uh-oh, looks like Bridesmaidzilla is awake,” Liv laughed as she started to read her magazine again in an attempt to distract her from what was to come.

“You’re getting married today!” Hannah shrieked causing Cassadee to wince whilst she ran into the kitchen.

“Yeah, I know,” Liv smiled.

“Well we better get started then,” Hannah clapped her hands together, but Liv just turned her attention back over to her magazine and ignored her, wanting to take the day as slow as possible. She was, after all, getting married to the love of her life and that was something she wanted to cherish as the time went by.

Image

“Cade, keep still,” Alex tried to keep his son’s feet rooted to the ground, but he knew that there was no use in trying to persuade him since he was only a toddler.

“I’m hungry,” he moaned as his father wrapped a tie around his neck.

“I know, but this is a special day and Mommy wants you to look smart. So can you do that for Mommy? Then straight after, we’ll get you some food,” he said, causing his son to reluctantly nod so that Alex could finish adding the last piece to his attire. He was wearing a small black suit which even Alex thought was absolutely adorable and since he was already fully dressed and with Cade was almost done, he couldn’t deny that they looked just like each other.

“There we go,” he smiled, “Now you can move.”

As soon as Alex said that, Cade immediately took off running down the stairs and into the living room where Jack was sitting on the couch, in his suit, drinking a beer. There was only a few hours left till the wedding and that meant that they all had to be at the venue pretty soon.

“Uncle Jack! I want ice cream,” Cade shouted, jumping on his lap.

Jack chuckled, “Well so do I kiddo, but unfortunately, life doesn’t always give you what you want.”

“Jack, shut the hell up and go get him some,” Alex shouted from stairway, careful to replace the expletive he had in mind with something a bit more acceptable in front of his son.

Jack picked Cade up, “Fine, but you’re not getting any!”

As Liv looked in the mirror, she saw the reflection staring back at her and for once, she actually agreed with everybody else; that she did look beautiful. Her make-up was done so that she still looked very natural, because she knew Alex fell in love with her face just as it was and not some heavily made up version. Having done that, her mother had offered to do her hair for her, just as she used to do when she was a little girl.

“There we go,” her mother smiled, as she fixed one last strand of hair with a bobby pin so that her hairstyle was well and truly finished.

“It looks beautiful,” Cassadee admired. It was styled in a simple loose bun with a few strands coming loose, which fitted well with her make-up.

“You know, this reminds me of when I did your hair for your prom. God, you were only sixteen,” her Mom leaned down so that she could see Liv’s reflection in the mirror. Her eyes started to well up as she kissed her daughter’s cheek, so she stepped back before she could cry any more.

“Right, now it’s time to get into your wedding dress,” Hannah smiled as she stood next to Liv’s Mom, Cassadee and Alex’s Mom. They had all gotten ready before Liv just so she would be able to have all the time she needed to get herself ready.

As Liv stepped into the bathroom, ready to get changed into her dress, Alex, Jack and Cade had already arrived at the venue where they would be spending the majority of the day. Alex hadn’t got a chance to see it, but since he was already there early, he took the time to take in his surroundings. It was a white outdoor tent that was set up in a Botanic Gardens located right in their hometown, Baltimore. The garden was lush with various colour flowers; tulips, roses, daffodils. Almost in every shade of the rainbow. The day was beautiful and the sun reflected off the green grass making it look even brighter. There were several rows of white chairs placed underneath the tent, but there was long gap in the middle with a long white sheet placed on the ground to replicate the aisle. As he walked up it and reached the end, he observed the alter which was guarded with two white stone pillars and a huge floral decoration, lathered with orchids and light pink roses, connecting them both together. In awe of the place, he knew that a lot of planning had gone into this wedding, but he never knew that it was going to look as perfect as it did.

“You look so gorgeous,” Alex’s Mom marvelled as Liv stepped out in her flowing white gown. It was designed with intricate lace from top to bottom and fitted her figure to a tee.

“Oh my god, I think I’m gonna cry,” Hannah squeaked, fanning her eyes so tears wouldn’t fall out and ruin her makeup.

“Don’t you dare, cause then you’ll make me cry,” Liv laughed softly, running her hands down her dress, loving how soft it felt against her skin. She hadn’t spent numerous hours picking out the perfect one. In fact, it was the first one she saw and as soon as she did, she fell in love. It was elegant and graceful, and she knew that Alex would love it too.

Alex was sitting in a backroom within a hotel where the reception was going to be held, situated right next to the wedding venue. With him were his groomsmen, also know as his band mates. Each of them had a beer in hand and with an hour left till the wedding, it was definitely needed. Guests had already started to pile in and settle down into their seats, and there weren’t that many since they had only sent out a few invitations to the most important people in their lives. Neither of them wanted a huge wedding with loads of people that they barely knew, so they both agreed to only include people who would genuinely appreciate attending their wedding. But as they began to sit down, it started to get more and more real to Alex that he was about to commit to something bigger than he ever thought he would.

“Did you watch the Ravens game last night?” Zack asked, taking his friend’s mind off his thoughts.

Alex nodded, “Jack and I watched it. It was a pretty unfair fight if you ask me.”

Jack laughed taking a sip of his beer, “Even Jem was shouting at the screen.”

“Don’t blame him,” Rian said, “I was too.”

“But that last touchdown? Now that was something else,” Jack smiled.

“Gotta love the Ravens,” Zack muttered, bringing the bottle to the tip of his lips.

The boys continued to pass the time with conversation that they didn’t realise that Liv had already arrived and was in a room just a couple of doors down from theirs. Just as Alex had his friends, Liv was accompanied by her two bridesmaids and best friends, Cass and Hannah.

“How long left?” Liv asked, starting to get more nervous.

“Half an hour,” Hannah said.

“People already started to arrive?” she asked, walking up and down the room briskly.

“Take a look for yourself,” Cassadee gestured to the window.

Liv looked briefly but immediately took her gaze from it, “I can’t. I already feel sick as it is.”

“Liv, just breathe. Do you want me to get Alex? Or Cade? Maybe they can calm you down,” Cass suggested.

She shook her head, “No, I can do this. Just a touch of the pre-wedding jitters, that’s all.”

Cassadee and Hannah nodded, but both shared uneasy glances, clearly worried for their friend. They knew it was normal to get nervous before a wedding, but neither of them wanted it to escalate to the point where she was going to back out completely.

“How’s my little sister doing?” Their conversation was interrupted by a voice coming from the door.

“Luke!” Liv grinned, rushing to him as fast as she could in her dress and heels.

He held her close as she embraced him in a hug. She hadn’t seen him that often for the past year since he had moved to California to live with his current girlfriend. Although Liv was happy for his relationship, she couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed that she wasn’t able to see him as regularly as she would have liked.

As they broke apart, he held her at an arms length and took a good look at her, “You look…beautiful.”

She blushed, “Thanks. That’s means a lot coming from you.”

“Hey, I can dish it out from time to time,” he smiled before turning his attention to the two bridesmaids sitting down, “And you two ladies look stunning, as always.”

They both smiled, “Thanks Luke.”

Time went by and eventually, there were only a matter of minutes left till the wedding was about to begin. Alex was at the end of the aisle beside the alter, with Jack, Rian and Zack by his side, offering him impish smiles. They knew he was nervous and how important this occasion was, but that didn’t stop them from whispering crude jokes and innuendos to one another. Meanwhile, at the other end was Liv, standing beside her brother who was set to walk her down the aisle.

“You ready?” he asked, as she chewed her lip senseless.

She looked up at him nervously before sighing, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

He smiled at her before offering her his arm, and she took it, linking it with hers. He gave her hand a squeeze as they both took their steps and started walking to the edge of the aisle. As they came into sight, all of the guests rose and that was the time where Alex got the chance to look at his beloved bride.

When he did, his heart stopped. All nervous thoughts that he was previously thinking had escaped out of his mind and just as he said, he was filled with peace. She was breathtaking, and he found those butterflies that he knew all too well, erupt in a riot in his stomach. As her eyes connected with his, he knew that what he was stepping into was for life, but the fact that it was with her made his heart beat all the more faster. As she reached the end of the aisle, he wanted to kiss her so badly, but since he knew he had to wait, he hoped the look of love in his eyes was just enough to show her.

“We are gathered here today,” the priest’s voice started the ceremony but was drowned to silence in Liv’s and Alex’s ears.

He leaned over slightly, “You look perfect.”

She matched his smile, “So do you.”

The service continued and as much as the couple would’ve wanted to admit that they were listening to what was said, they both knew that neither of them was. All they could do was concentrate on each other.

The priest broke the trance that they were in, “I believe the couple have prepared their own vows.”

They both nodded as Liv chose to start first, “Alex. I was going to write down what I wanted to say to you, but I thought that it would be more special if I just came up with it whilst I was here, which I’m now beginning to regret.”

Alex chuckled at her honesty, “But when I got to the top of the aisle, I realised how simple it is. I love you. So much that it hurts. I love you when you I wake up in the morning, I love you when I go to sleep and I love you even when I think I don’t. So, I want to spend the rest of my life showing you how much I do, because I honestly don’t think that anything in this world could amount to how much I care about and adore you. You’re the man of my dreams and, I- I love you.”

Everything Liv had just said, she truly meant and having gotten the chance to tell him, she felt a weight being lift off her shoulders. No-one could make her feel more at home than Alex could and she was thankful that he was the man she was going to marry.

Alex cleared his throat, “Liv, I’m- I’m going to tell you something that I have never told anyone before, in my life.”

She looked at him curiously, “When I was seventeen and I invited you to my aunt’s wedding, I knew you were someone special. But it was when I saw you walking down the stairs, in your beautiful red dress, that I knew that I wanted to marry you. It was then when I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You had my heart from the moment I met you and believe me, I knew I wasn’t going to get it back.

“We’ve been through hell and back, and through it all, you’ve given me the most beautiful son who has your brown eyes, and I couldn’t ask for anything more. So, I want to spend forever, protecting you, loving you and being your shoulder to cry on. I love you, Olivia Hansen.”

“So do you, Alexander Gaskarth take Olivia Hansen to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

He looked into her eyes, “I do.”

“And do you, Olivia Hansen, take Alexander Gaskarth to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

She smiled, “I do.”

“You may now kiss the bride.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two is now up. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for your comments. You honestly don't know how much they mean to me. The first chapter of the prequel is now up so take a little read and let me know what you think. Thank you all so much cause it's nice to know that you guys loved this story as much as I have. PEACE AND LOVE