Fragments of Us

the boy

Three months had passed since the last time he had seen her. He still thought of her a lot. Sometimes he wished that he could go back to her. But it was too late. It had been his fault. He broke up with her because he liked someone else. But that relationship had only lasted not even a month. It was a stupid mistake. He wished he hadn’t done that. Did she mean more than that? Had he really thought of it before he broke up with her? He sighed as he grabbed the oversized bag by the door. He still had to move on with life even if he didn’t want to. He unlocked the door of his car and climbed in. It was still raining. He started his and off he went into the life that he was forced to be living.

After many pushing and shoving , he was forced to call her. He didn’t want to but it was for the team. Ever since they broke up he had been off his game. He was a goalie after all. The team needed it. It was for the team, he repeated to himself as he scrolled through his contacts. She was still there. He clicked without even thinking. He would do this once and he would do it right. “Hello?” He said. He hoped she wouldn’t hang up.

“Uh...hello, um… who is this?”

“It’s me, I’m sorry I’m calling you but…” He says, softly.
He can hear the recognition in her voice. “No, it’s okay,” She says, softly like she was trying not to cry.
“I just-just want to tell you that I still miss you,” He bit his lip. Why was he doing this?
“Oh… okay,” She took this by surprise. She wasn’t expecting this.
“I made a huge mistake, and you may never forgive me for this but…I think I still love you,” He said, taking a deep breath as he finished.
“Oh…I guess I could forgive you but It's just that - I can't not now that all you wanted to tell me…” She says. Did she just say that? What if she was dating someone else? he thought nervously.
“No…it’s not but I think I have to go…” He says softly. He looks up and down the empty hallway. This conversation was so awkward. He didn't know what to say.
“Wait,” She says quickly, “I feel the same way but I can't...you broke up with me; we aren't supposed to be talking.
He misses the sound of her voice. He can hear her shrug her shoulders and sigh. “I don’t either,” He says as he sighs. He wonders why he had picked the other girl over her. She was way better than that slutty excuse for a woman.
“Do you want to meet like in person?” She asks, shyly. Was she always this shy?
“Sure, tomorrow…maybe?" He answers as he looked down at his scuffed up shoes. Had she really just asked him that? It had been three months. Three months without him or anyone, three long months of loneliness. And she had asked that. She didn’t seem angry or upset. It was just like they had always been friends except they had not. It was the first time they had said anything nice to each other.
“That’s great I’ll see you at seven tomorrow at your house, I guess?” She stutters.
“Okay,” He says. The rest of the conversation flew by really quickly. He could only think of seeing her again. He hadn’t seen her in forever, since that day, three months earlier. He hardly could wait. For the rest of the day he felt a lot better than he had in a long time. Maybe he would prove her wrong that they were meant to be.

“Great job today, you played great.”
“I’m proud of you.”
“Keep it up and we’ll win the cup again.”
“You’re the best.”
“Good game.”
He got a ton of compliments after their game from his teammates. He was proud of himself. He had helped the team win and he was going to see her the next day. He was feeling wonderful. It was like he was sort of on cloud nine. But he still went home alone. It was the same. He was still the one who went home everyday alone. While all the rest of their friends had someone to go home with. The house was so silent that you could probably here a penny drop. He didn’t bother to call anyone or go to the bar with his teammates. He wasn’t in the mood today. He got ready for bed but he did it slowly and by the time he was done it was almost eleven. Soon he would be seeing her again. It was only one sleep a way. He goes to sleep with the sound of her voice echoing in his ear. He misses her sleeping beside him in his bed. He misses her warmth on that cold day, months before. He misses her the most. He has dreams about her all night until the darken sky brightens.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I forgot to post write this. I jsut got carried away. I keep doing this and apologizing but idk anymore. Sorry again. I also kind of lost it and then found and stuff. My life is really messy right now....

Anyway I hope you like it.(:

oh and my story was in a mibba article! *screams becauseIneverthoughtitwouldanditissoyeah*
Love always,
Chloe