Status: finished~~~

Zenith.

Feelings came fast, spinning out of control.

It takes a while for it to happen. Neither of them really knows why, neither does anyone else.

The feelings are there. They’re there when they first meet, when they exchange phone numbers later on. They’re there in every text, phone call, and tour after.

They’re there when the bands meet up again during The Rock Show At the End of the World, as Jack rushes out of All Time Low’s bus to engulf her in a hug, shouting, “First day of tour!” They’re there when he sits in on her sound check, when she stays for his, when they leave together afterwards to go grab a bite to eat, when they come back and watch each other sidestage. It’s obvious they’re there to everyone except each other.

They’re there when it’s the last day of tour, and they insist on going on for drinks without the rest of the band.

Jess sits at the bar with Jack right beside her, both of them laughing over the tour’s pranks that night.
He’s already slurring as he talks, so is she. He gets two shots, his hands brushing hers as he hands her a glass. The touch nearly knocks her out of her chair, or maybe that’s just the booze. She looks up at him and smiles. He does the same and she knows they’re both thinking the same thing: Why hasn’t this happened yet? But the moment passes and they move on, even though the thought is still in the back of their minds.

A few more drinks later, they’re both properly drunk. His hand is on her leg, she’s leaning into him, they’re both staring at each other and laughing and giving each other that look. The look that says everything they couldn’t. She thinks about telling him now, as he’s talking. She thinks about leaning up and kissing him when he pauses. But she doesn’t. She lets him continue to talk about his family and Lebanon and how they should totally go there sometime! She’s not sure if he means as a tour between All Time Low/The Summer Set or as just him and her, but she hopes it’s the latter.

They stumble out, both supporting the other so they can make it back to the tour bus. She’s talking loudly, nearly on the verge of shouting, and he’s just laughing and doing his best to keep them both from falling. She stops and looks around, leaning against a closed building. She pulls him closer to her, her chest just barely brushing against his. Her hands go up to her shoulders and they look at each other, beginning to laugh again. She’s suddenly quiet now. She decides, it’s now or never.

"What do you think of me?"

He leans down, pressing a small kiss to her shoulder. Admittedly, she was surprised, but she wasn’t complaining. He pulls back and looks down at her, opens his lips so she could just barely smell the vodka and whiskey they had drank.

"I think you’re beautiful."

He’s supporting himself with one hand on the wall behind her as the other messes with the ends of her hair. She can feel herself beginning to blush, but she hopes that he doesn’t notice.

"I think you’re the best girl I’ve ever met, or will ever meet. I’ve thought that since the first day I met you." He looks at her, a smile playing at the corner of his lips. "What do you think of me?"

She looks back at him, still not sure how to respond. “I think…” She trails off, not knowing how to put what she felt into words. “I really like you.”

The words seem to trigger something in him. He nods and leans down, this time pressing a kiss to her lips. She kisses back as his arm wraps around her waist and hers over his shoulders. He pulls back and she feels lightheaded. They both stare at each other, knowing that it’s all just started.