Status: finished~~~

Zenith.

You're a masochist for falling for me.

The guys had come to her rescue when they heard Jack had left her. They cursed him left and right, nursed her back to where she could start getting out of the house again. It took the whole winter and half of spring, but they did it. For nearly a whole year, they didn’t let her out of their sight. It was quite smothering, but she was thankful. She still is. She doesn’t know what she would’ve done without them.

She sits in Josh’s house - well, their house, considering he had her move in - as the bands talk about tour. He’s reading aloud the email the record label had sent him, stopping when he comes to the tour line up. They all look at him expectantly until he says, “You know, maybe we should stay home.”

Jess shakes her head, now knowing what was going on. “No, we shouldn’t. It’s All Time Low, isn’t it? They hooked us up with them?”

The whole band shifts uncomfortably. They had put Jess together, although a few pieces were missing. Pieces that Jack had taken when he left her. They worried that their work - a whole year - would come crumbling down she second she saw him again. Josh looks at Jess and nods.

"They’re nice guys," she says simply. She wants to prove to them all that she’s moved on, even though in the back of her mind, she knows she hasn’t. The rest of the guys mumble and it takes a while, but they come to the conclusion to accept the tour.

The night before, as they drive to the city where the tour starts, Jess can’t help herself. When she’s sure the band and crew are asleep, she crawls back into her bunk, getting online. She checks profiles, blogs, everything, and they all talk about how the hell Jess was going to handle this. She lurks a few things, tears filling her eyes as she wonders what the hell is wrong with her. Alex had settled down with Sierra. Tay had found Blake. She’s the only one, and not even that, she’s the only one that had gotten left.

She shuts her laptop off and shoves it to the side, beginning to fully cry now. She pulls her knees up to her chest and hears her bunk curtain open. She looks up and sees Josh. She shakes her head and he climbs in, folds himself around her.

She's shaking as she cries, too busy to be embarrassed. "Why didn't he want me?" she asked quietly, over and over.

"It’ll be okay," Josh says quietly. He holds her like Jack did, but he'll never match up, and they both know it. "I promise. It’ll be okay."

The night goes on and before she knows it, they’re at the venue. Everyone piles in to set up and the openers are already beginning to sound check. She’s the last to step in the green room.

Everyone’s hugging and talking. She stands off to the side and Josh finds her, putting his hand on her back. She walks to the table of drinks with him in tow, picking up a cup and turning around before she bumps right into the person that she’s spent the year hung up on.

She looks at him, then down at the tan line on her hand, where her ring was. She feels Josh’s hand tense. The room has quieted down and she feels everyone’s eyes on them. She knows that if she loses it now, she loses everything. She’ll look insane. A part of her doesn’t care. A part of her wants to get in his face, scream, "Don’t you know you broke my heart? Why don’t you care? Why didn’t you ever care about me like I cared about you? Why did you leave me? Why didn't you tell me what was wrong? I would've fixed it for you. I would've done anything for you."

Instead, she looks up at him, sticks out her free hand. “Hi. I’m Jess.”

He takes up her hand and she pushes down the pain and the tears that want to show. “I’m Jack.”