Status: Hey guys! Thanks for reading/clicking on this. I'll be updating whenever I can! <3

We are Broken

Chapter 4

'Good morning Sky :D' Read the text from Parker that woke me up. Or well, I assumed it to be Parker.

'Good morning..Parker?'

'Yes ma'am! How are you doing this fiiiiine mornin'?'

'Ehh, kinda tired. How are you?'

'Wide awake and hyper as fuck!'

'Sounds like you. So what were you gonna tell me about Val and the girls yesterday?'

'Oh..well, you just need to get used to the pampering'

'Why?' I asked him.

After about 10 minutes, Parker hadn't texted me back yet and I was starting to worry that I had crossed a line or something. I was half way through an apology text when I got the reply.

'Well..my mom and Lacey are the only ones that are capable of getting pregnant. Gena, Michelle and Val can't have children of their own. Gena and Zacky have tried a few times, but it hasn't happened yet. Michelle and Brian have also tried with no good results..When Valary started trying, the first few times nothing happened, but after a few more times, she got pregnant. Everyone was so happy for her, and Matt and Val were the happiest people in the fucking world. Like you know how when you're pregnant you're supposed to like, glow or whatever? Yeah I thought that was a stupid little fib or something but oh no, it happens. Well, when Val was about 7 or 8 months pregnant, she started bleeding. They rushed her to the hospital, and she had a miscarriage..she hasn't tried since. She was so in love with the idea of having her own baby, her own blood, so was Matt. They had the nursery completely finished, they had bought a crib, baby monitors, they went the whole 9 miles. They picked out a name..it was gonna be a girl. You know what that name was? It was Skylar..'

I sat there for a couple minutes, just staring at my phone shocked and speechless. I had no idea..I didn't know any of that. That's terrible..I started looking around my room, seeing it was pastel purple and pink with flowers all over it..I looked at the wall decals that spelled out Skylar in alternating purple and pink letters. I stood up and walked over to my walk in closet and looked at all the stuff in the back corner that was covered up with a sheet.

As I lifted the sheet, I realized it was everything for Skylar, well, baby Skylar. A crib that looked as if it had been smashed with a hammer, a dresser torn to pieces, a big box of baby toys and clothes..my goodness, they must have been crushed.

'Skylar? You okay?' Parker asked me and I realized it had been 15 minutes and I didn't reply.

'Yeah..I'm just..speechless. The room they gave me was gonna be baby Skylars..it's pastel purple and pink, there's decals that spell out Skylar, there's flowers everywhere and in my closet is her crib and dresser and clothes and toys and everything..it just breaks my heart..'

'I know dear, it's a sad thing. But don't think about it, and don't bring it up. You're filling that hole. You're making them happy now, so just let them pamper you, it's what they want to do'

'I understand, thanks. I think I'm gonna go back to sleep..Goodnight'

'Goodnight Skylar, sweet dreams'

--

"Skyyylaaarrr it's time go to shoppinggg!" Leana screamed as she jumped up and down on my bed "Wake up ya sleepy head!"

"mmmm" I mumbled and rolled over, hiding my face under my blanket

"Nuh uh girly, none of that! Wake up wake up Wake uppppp!" She yelled, tearing away my blankets

I groaned and stood up,putting on white skinnys and a black paramore tank top and following Leana down the stairs.

"Ready for your day of fun and pampering?" Gena asked, smiling

"It's soooo earlyyy" I groaned "But yes"

"Girl it's 12:26 PM!" Lacey laughed

"Shhhhhh" I mumbled and closed my eyes

"You ready to go?" Val asked me and I nodded.

--

"How many things can a person try on before losing their mind?!" I yell at the girls jokingly as they threw more things into my dressing room

"I dunno yet, you're our tester" Michelle winked at me as I came out wearing the millionth outfit I had tried on that day

"Oooh! That's cute!" Lacey said and snapped a picture

"When are we gonna be finished with this?" I asked, half jokingly, half serious

"Well...I guess we could go now, but lets stop for some dinner. Where do you wanna go, Skylar?" Val asked me. I could see the pain in her eyes as she spoke my name

"Oh it doesn't matter to me, wherever is fine" I smile "And you guys can call me Sky if you'd like" I say, hoping it would make Val feel better to call me Sky

"How does Steak and Shake sound?" Michelle asked, "I've been dying for a strawberry shake!"

"Do you like Steak and Shake?" Gena asked me

"I've never even heard of that' I say dumbfounded.

"Oh lord, you poor child, lets go get this girl some steak and shake!" Leana exclaimed, running towards the cars.

--

While waiting on their food and our shakes to arrive, I noticed my iPod buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was a text from Parker

'Hey, you still alive?'

I smiled at his humor and replied 'Barely, haha. We're at Steak and Shake now so your mom should be home soon'

"Ooohhh, who are you texting that's putting that big ole' smile on your face?" Michelle smirked

"N-No one" I say shyly, hoping they wouldn't find out it was Parker.

"It's Paarrkerrrr" Gena smirks, leaning over the table to look at my iPod

"Ugghh" I groan and lean my head on the table "We're just friends. Jeez"

"Just friends, eh? Not for long I bet" Val smiles at me

"Yeah, Parkers got the moves just like Jimmy does" Leana nudged my arm, "It's okay to have a crush on him dear. He's cute"

"He doesn't even like me" I mumble quietly, my cheeks as red as tomatoes "He even said we're just friends at the party the other day"

"Sweetheart did you see the way he looked at you? He gave you his number within 3 hours of knowing you!" Lacey said to me

"Yeah but isn't school starting soon? Won't all the girls be all over him? I'd imagine so." I replied, getting angry at the thought

"Dear, Parker isn't like that. Parker hasn't even had a girlfriend.You're the only person that Parker has even showed interest in" Leana said, probably lying, just trying to comfort me. "Want me to talk to him?"

"NO!" I yelled louder than I thought I had, shooting my head up from the table to give her a death glare. "Can we just talk about something else?"

All of the girls laughed at me as the waitress came, giving us our food and shakes in to go cups and bags, me shushing them. And finally, after a long day of shopping and embarrassment, we went home and I fell asleep almost instantly
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93409460

Shirts Skylar got^^

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93410936

Pants/shorts Skylar got ^^

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93413160

Dresses Skylar got^^

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93415005

Shoes and accessories Skylar got^^

Guys I'm sorry this is mainly a filler guys=/ I'm writing this while coughing and sneezing my brains out, but I guess that's what I get for playing in the rain xD

Thanks so much for reading my dears c:
Comment, Subscribe and Rate please!
~xoxo Melody