The Girl Next Door

Chapter 1

"Kaleigh, honey, you do realize we have a door, right?" I heard Niall's mom in a mocking voice as I looked down sheepishly, but stayed on my position in the ladder.

"Yes, mrs. Horan, I do realize that but I-"

"Would hate to break routine. I know. You've been going up in his room by the latter ever since we moved and you met each other. God, it seems like so long ago now." She said, more to herself than me. It had been almost ten years. "Oh, well, I won't keep you any longer. It's movie night tonight...right?" She asked with a knowing smile which I shyly returned before nodding my head yes. She chuckled quietly before wishing us a good night and I murmured a 'thank you' before climbing the rest of the ladder and getting into Niall's room effortlessly.

"Hey!" Niall greeted with a smile.

"Hey. What movie did you pick?" I asked, half smiling at him. He held up the case and I grabbed it, scrunching my face in disgust.

"The notebook?" I asked and he rolled his eyes, grabbing the remote and motioning for me to sit besides him.

"Your a girl, Kaleigh."

"Thanks for the news flash." I muttered sarcastically as I plopped down next to him on the bed.

"I just meant that you're supposed to be into that kind of stuff." He explained and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Haven't you figured out by now that I'm not like most girls?" I ask him in an annoyed tone. He chuckled.

"Believe me, I know that. Just give it a try okay? Who knows, you might like it." He reasoned and I sighed but gave in.

"Fine." I muttered and he smirked before pressing 'play'.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Here's my new story... I might update my other ones but to be completely honest...I've kinda lost interest in them (for now anyways).
Hope you like it!
Btw: in case you didn't know, I don't own anybody related to this story (sadly).