The Girl Next Door

Chapter 10

When I walked in my first class, I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I didn't know anyone enough to sit with them, and then there he was. Harry friggin' Styles. It's like everywhere I looked he was there. I tried to go by unnoticed, but I failed miserably.

"Oh, what a treat." His deep voice rung through the class as his eyes laid on me. A smirk was firmly placed on his lips and I felt like a mouse being trapped in a corner by a cat. "I didn't expect you to be the front row sitting type." He said as I took a seat next to him, the only seat left in first row.

"I didn't expect you to be the creative writing type."

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Miss Williams." He said, and there was an edge to it. I shrugged it off.

"And you think you'e got me all figured out?" I shot back.

"I've got a general idea. Plus the gossip around town can't possibly all be false." He said and I tried desperately to hide my face as subtly as I could as I felt it turn a deep shade of red. He was right. Our family name had been mentioned by most of the town, and it wasn't anything I could ever be proud about.

"And your family is so perfect?" I weakly replied and he laughed obnoxiously.

"Please, let's save family therapy for another time shall we?" He asked and I kept quiet. His family had issues too. I knew a few of them but nothing too deep, and I liked it that way. I loved how there was this huge invisible wall between Harry and I. I needed it.

"Good morning guys! Welcome back to your main source of stress; school!" Our teacher, mister Gilmore exclaimed enthusiastically. His parents were born in Haiti, but he grew up here so he didn't have an accent. He was dressed in a plain, white, v-neck t-shirt and ripped jeans. He was simple, he was young and he always won the best-teacher trophy at the last school ceremony of every year. Well, every year since we've been in high school anyway.

"I hope you've got your creative minds switched on, because we're starting working right after I take attendance." He said, picking up the list. He started calling out our names and I was getting excited. Writing was my passion. And I could already tell this class would be my favorite.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Hope you guys like it! :)