The Girl Next Door

Chapter 17

"Why are you here?" I asked in a disgusted tone when I climbed through the window of Niall's bedroom and I saw Harry plopped down on the bed instead of Niall. "Where is he?"

"Glad to see you too, Kaleigh." He said sarcastically. "He's just downstairs talking to his parents. He'll be back soon. Don't worry." He said. I nodded once before looking around the room. It was the first time I'd ever been uncomfortable in this place.

"You didn't tell me why you were here." I prompted, finally looking at him and he smirked, not moving an inch.

"Well, I've always been a little curious as to what exactly went on during these oh-so-special movie-nights."

"But it's friday night. Don't you have something better to do?" I coaxed. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, the smirk still firmly planted on his lips.

"Why? Is it so important that you be alone with him?"

"No, I just don't exactly jump in excitement at the idea of spending time with you." I snapped. I don't know what it was about him, but he always knew exactly how to make me infuriated enough ton call him out. He started laughing and my insides twisted with anger.

"Oh, Williams. It's adorable how you think you can't stand me." He said and I knew better than to jump into an argument with him about that. It wasn't worth it, really.

"I will never get how Niall can stand you." I muttered and, for once, I was left with the last words as Niall came bursting through the door, grin on his face.

"Hey, Kayles!" He greeted before turning his attention to Harry. "Guess what?"

"What?" Harry asked and his lack of wit actually surprised me.

"My dad signed us for the annual father-son fishing contest! But this year, he signed up your dad too!" He said excitedly and Harry's face fell.

"He signed me and my dad up?" He asked and he looked almost...vulnerable.

"Yeah. Come on, Harry! We go every year." Niall said.

"But he doesn't usually sign my dad up." He snapped, getting up from the bed and standing up.

"So what? Your dad is a good guy, Harry. We all know him." Niall said and he was right. Steven Styles was the town's pharmacist and was always chatting everybody up.

"You don't know shit about my dad." Harry said in a threatening manner. Niall looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Look, I can tell my dad to-"

"No, you know what? Forget it. Just tell me when it is and we'll be there." Harry said and there was an edge behind his voice, like he was getting ready to prove a point.

"Tomorrow. It starts at seven." Niall answered.

"Fine. See you tomorrow." He said sharply as he made his way to the bedroom door.

"Weren't you staying for movie night?"

"No." He replied. "I have to get my fishing stuff ready." He mumbled before slamming the door and leaving.

Niall looked at me at a loss for words. He finally cleared his throat before saying:
"Wanna come tomorrow?"

"Isn't it a father-son event? I'm a girl and my father is...busy." I joked and he rolled his eyes.

"But it's also a town event which means everyone is welcome." He explained. I looked at him, contemplating. And then I finally gave in.

"Fine! I only work Sunday anyways." I said, thinking that tomorrow would definitely be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know some information (like Harry's father's name and job and life) isn't based on real life.
Anyways, hope you enjoy! And once again, feedback would be appreciated.