The Girl Next Door

Chapter 2

"Are you crying?" I heard Niall chuckle as I quickly looked away.

"No." I muttered, tentatively glancing up to see the credits rolling. "I have allergies." I sniffed.

"Since when?" He scoffed. I glared at him and he laughed.

"It's okay, Kayles. You do have the right to show emotions once in a while you know?" He teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Nialler." I simply answered before glancing up at his soccer ball clock. "I guess I should go." I said, getting up from the bed. Niall looked at me with pure confusion.

"What are you talking about? Why don't you just stay the night like you always do?" He asked and I sighed.

"Because-"

"Because what?" He prompted.

"Because we're teens now." I said. His eyes narrowed and his head pulled back a little as if my answer didn't explain anything at all.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Come on Niall. I mean you can't expect us to keep this innocence in our friendship forever. I mean especially now as our teenage hormones are kicking in. Sleeping in the same bed would practically provoke any feelings that may have been dead inside us until now. Do you really want to ruin what we have by making a huge mistake just because you wanted to preserve a naive routine that should've stopped long ago?" I ranted and asked as he looked at me wide eyed before bursting into a laughing fit. I sighed angrily and got up, crossing my arms to hide the embarrassment.

"Look I'm sorry." He said as he gained his breath, smile still firmly planted on his face. "I didn't mean to laugh like that it's just...do...do your teenage hormones provoke you to rape me in my sleep or something?" He asked before another fit of laughter hit him. I made a face.

"Of course not." I answered.

"Okay, then stop being weird and come on." He said, getting under the covers. I sighed again before joining him, turning so my back would face him.

"Goodnight Kaleigh."

"Goodnight Niall."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 2! Hope you enjoy!