The Girl Next Door

Chapter 22

*Kaleigh's P.O.V*

Harry still sat besides me in Creative Writing Monday, but he wasn't his usual witty self, and I found myself almost missing his rude comments. I shook the thought away as Mister Gilmore started talking.

"Secrets." He called out. "We all have some. Some are bigger than others. Today. I want you guys to dig really deep and I want you to share something you've never shared with anyone before." He explained.

"So whatever's between your legs is safe, Jen." Harry called out to Jen, not even bothering to look at her as about half the classes started to snicker. I heard her huff in annoyance but she remained quiet. I tried to remain impassive as Harry picked on someone else, someone who wasn't me. I should be happy, that's all I ever want. So why am I so sad?

"Okay, settle down. You've got work to do guys. And I'd appreciate it if you did it in silence and keep the disrespecting comments to yourselves." Mister Gilmore reminded us as he focused on Harry. I glanced sideways at him, he was concentrating on the floor. I crossed my arms and settled on staring at my unopened journal.

"You know the drill." Mister Gilmore said. "Go!"

I didn't even think before I started writing.

'My only love sprung from sprung from my only hate.

This is a quote from the famous Romeo&Juliet. And up until this very morning, I believed those were just a bunch of words blended in together to make an amazing piece of artwork.

He infuriates me, in the most addicting way. He challenges me, and I wish I could say I hate it. But the truth is that I lived for the moments where he would glance my way, smirking while he destroyed me with a few simple words.

And he probably forgets about me as soon as I'm out of his sight, but I'll gladly take his witty comments whenever I can. Whether that makes me pathetic is still up for debate, and I would deny it if this ever got out, but this is my secret. Harry Styles is my sweetest form of torture, and I would never dream of changing that.'

What did I just wrote?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for the recs <3