The Girl Next Door

Chapter 29

"Where do you wanna sit?" Niall asked besides me as we stood in the doorway, taking in the view in front of us. Our old gym was totally redecorated, and it was barely recognizable. It looked fancy, luxurious.

"Doesn't matter." I muttered, still in awe at the scene in front of me.

"Hey, where's your spirit?" Niall teased, looking down at me. I briefly glanced back before rolling my eyes and sighing.

"Just find us a table, please. Sooner we sit the sooner we can leave." I said and he chuckled.

"That's the spirit." He said, leading us to a table at the far back. I wasn't really paying attention, trying to look at every single faces here. It was weird seeing everyone so formal. I looked like a homeless person compared to them.

And when I finally focused on the table Niall was taking us to, I saw him.

"Harry! What's up man?" Niall greeted surprisingly as we took our seats at the table.

"Fine. Who'd you bring?" Harry smirked, looking at me. I blushed and looked away. I don't think I've ever felt so uncomfortable.

"This?" Niall said, pointing at me. "Just some girl I picked up on the side of the road." He joked and I gave him a look.

"You look lovely." Harry said, looking straight at me and I couldn't come up with an answer, my heart was beating two hundred miles an hour and my knees went weak. I looked away, his stare was too overwhelming.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, want anything guys?" Niall asked, getting up from his seat and being completely oblivious to the tension around the table.

"No, I'm good." Harry answered, and I could still feel his eyes staring at me with no mercy.

"No thanks." I muttered, focusing on the floor.

The night had just begun, but I didn't know how much of this I could take.