The Girl Next Door

Chapter 35

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I pulled back, coming back to my senses.

"Yeah, never do that again." He said, sarcastically and breathlessly as he tried to kiss me again but I put a hand on his chest.

"Wait."

"For what?" He asked, confused.

"We have to..."

"Have to what, Kaleigh?" He asked getting annoyed.

"We have to talk to Niall before-"

"You have GOT to be kidding me." He said, visibly frustrated.

"He's our best friend."

"So we need his blessing?!"

"No...I mean, I don't know. Don't you think we owe it to him to-"

"We don't owe him anything, Kaleigh! Don't you remember he was the reason you were crying just a few hours ago?! Don't you remember him using you?! God, Kaleigh!" He exclaimed. I'd never seen him this mad before. He was pacing, looking everywhere but in my direction.

"I'm sorry." I said in a small voice, feeling like a five year-old who just got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Harry turned around and finally looked at me before sighing and calming down, making his way towards me.

"Don't apologize." He said softly, rubbing my arms. "I know you're not doing this to spite me it's just...you're too innocent for your own good sometimes." He explained, a small smile creeping on his lips. It made me sort of smile too.

"I like this." I admitted barely above a whisper. "The idea of 'us'. We just have to be smart about this."

"Really?" He asked with a smile. "What made you say that?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't know. I just figured that since YOU were being so honest tonight, I might as well give it a shot too." I answered.

"How about we keep whatever this is a secret until we tell him?" Harry asked with a sigh, obviously not liking the idea that Niall had such a big role to play in all this.

"I don't like the idea of lying."

"We're not really lying...we're just not saying something. There's a big difference, Williams." He smirked and I smirked back. I never liked the way he called me by my last name, but now it was different, now it felt right.

"Ok, Styles, you've got yourself a deal." I gave in and he screamed like a boy at a hockey game who just witnessed his favorite player shooting and scoring before calming down, smiling softly and leaning in to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you SO MUCH for the first comment! I was starting to wonder if I should keep posting or not...so thank you :)