The Girl Next Door

Chapter 39

*Harry's POV*
I thought about it all day. There was just no way I could let Kaleigh tell Niall. She already had enough on her shoulders as it is and she hated confrontation. So as soon as the bell rung, I jumped out of my seat and tried as best as I could to make my way through the crowd of people and head over to her locker. She was usually there before the hallways started to get busy because her last class was right in front of her locker. When I finally made it though, she was nowhere in sight. I realized she must've already left so I started to run towards my dad's car. I sped down the roads, hoping no cops were around and finally made it to Niall's house. I quickly got out of the car when I noticed her in the backyard.

"Kaleigh!" I called out, hoping no one in the house heard but needing her to hear it before she started to climb that damn ladder. She did and I let out a sigh of relief as I jogged towards her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in confusion as I caught up with her.

"Let me do it." I said out of breath.

"What?"

"Go home, Williams. Let me handle it." I urged.

"You couldn't do it yesterday, remember?" She asked gently, crossing her arms.

"It rings a bell." I said sarcastically. "But I wanna do it okay?" I said, getting closer to her. She took a step back, which made me frown a little.

"Why?" She asked and I could tell she was running out of patience.

"Because, don't you think you've had enough on your plate?" I asked, glancing at the patio doors we were in front of to see if someone was there and feeling relieved when I saw no one was.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Kaleigh, you hate getting into fights." I reminded her.

"But you said yesterday he wouldn't be mad." She argued and I sighed.

"I'm not in his head, okay? Why are you being so difficult about this?" I asked her, getting annoyed.

"Because I have this speech ready in my head and-"

"Of course you do." I smiled.

"Now is not the time for your stupid remarks, Harry, okay? I love you for doing this but-"

"You what?" I exclaimed, shocked at her confession.

"Yeah, Kaleigh, care to repeat that? I heard a voice from afar. When I turned towards the patio doors again my whole body froze.