The Girl Next Door

Chapter 43

*Kaleigh's POV*

I didn't really know what to do with myself when friday came by. It felt strange, like I lost a piece of myself. What was I supposed to do now? Niall made it clear that I wasn't welcome anymore and Harry was working.

"Kaleigh for crying out loud stop moping!" My sister called out as I walked in the kitchen. I gave her a look.

"There's a difference between moping and being bored."

"So let's do something fun." She smiled.

"I'm not so sure we have the same definition of fun." I said.

"We can compromise. Come on, Kaleigh, we never do real sister things!" She begged and I sighed, giving in.

"Okay, what do you wanna do?"

"We could go shopping?" She proposed and I groaned. "Ok, ok. Bowling?" She asked.

"We never liked bowling."

"That's because we never practiced so we were never good at it."

"I still don't like bowling."

"How about going to rent some movies and have a movie night?" She suggested and my body froze for just a second. Was she serious? "Don't give me that 'Niall' crap, Kaleigh. He's being absolutely ridiculous and you shouldn't stop living your life because of him. And you definitely shouldn't associate every single thing to him." Lea scolded.

"But that's a low blow. Friday night movie night was our thing."

"News flash, honey. Movie nights existed way before the boy next door ever came into this world. I think they can still happen after he's out of your life." She said and her choice of words made me cringe. Was he really out of my life? Permanently? Why did this feel like a breakup?
"Look, let's just forget about him for tonight. How's Harry?" She asked gently and that made me smile.

"He's great. His hand is still a little bruised though." I explained and it made Lea giggle, which made me glare at her.

"I'm sorry! So things are good between you two?"

"Yeah." I smiled again, thinking about him. "He's everything I didn't know I wanted." I told her, trying to sum up all my feeling in one sentence.

"Well that's good. You deserve to be happy, Kayles, even if it's with the broken boy a few streets down." Lea said and I never thought about Harry that way before. He was always the confident and crude jerk who would mess with me just for fun. But then again, after seeing and knowing a little more about his family, I guess 'broken' is the perfect adjective for him. My sister didn't know about any of that though, so it made me wonder why she labeled him that.

"Why do you think he's broken?" I asked and it was her turn to smile.

"I guess it's a big sister thing. It's all in the eyes, Kayles. He's got the same vulnerable and lost expression you do. Maybe you both are broken. And I think it's wonderful how mix, broken pieces fit perfectly together." She said and as we got ready to go in the car, her words were the only thing I could think about.