The Girl Next Door

Chapter 48

"You have to know how much I'm crazy for actually going through with this." I told Harry as we walked towards the prison.

"Crazy? Nah, in love maybe...but not crazy." Harry smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Harry?" I asked in a small voice as we walked closer and closer to the front of the building.

"Yeah?"

"Would you...would you hate me if I told you I don't wanna do this?" I asked and that made Harry look at me.

"Of course not. But why don't you wanna do it?" He asked, looking genuinely concerned as I took a deep breath.

"I just...I don't think I can face him again so soon, you know? I mean it feels like I just visited him and I don't want him to think I actually want to do it and-"

"Let's go." Harry interrupted me, taking my hand and pulling me away from the building.

"Where are we going?"

"Away from here." He said through clenched teeth. He was mad.

"I'm sorry." I said, and I meant it. Harry glanced at me before focusing back ahead. "I'm sorry I made us come all the way here just to-"

"You think I'm mad at you?" Harry asked with clear disbelief in his voice as he stopped us dead in out tracks.

"Aren't you?"

"God, no! Kayles, I'm mad at him." He said, pointing back towards the building. "Well, more at myself, really. I can't believe I was about to make you do this." He explained in a mutter.

"What were you going to say to him?" I asked after a moment of silence, curiosity getting the best of me.

"I just had a few questions." He muttered, focusing on my lips. Why did I find this incredibly hot?

"Like what?" I asked just above a whisper, getting lost in his eyes that were still focused on my lips.

"Like how could he abandon such a perfect girl?" He said quietly in a monotone voice as he got closer to my face. I had never lost interest in something so fast. Before I knew it, my hands found the back of his head and I pulled him closer to me, and then my lips were on his.

Usually, the idea of a 'romantic kiss' isn't in front of a prison, but then and there...it was absolutely perfect.

"Okay." I said as I pulled away, slightly breathless. "What do we do now?"

"I'm afraid we have one last thing on our 'to-do' list today." He cringed.

"And that would be..."

"Going to my house."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for everything :) <3