The Girl Next Door

Chapter 50

"You...you..."

"I want to share it with you." He shrugged, waving the book closer to me so I'd take it. I did, without even thinking about it. I looked at him wide eyed, waiting for further explication. "You don't have to read it right now, you can take it with you if you want. But I'm gonna need that back for our next Creative Writing class." He smirked.

"I...I can't-"

"I want to share it with you." He repeated but this time more forcefully. I nodded once, weakly.

"I can bring it home?" I asked in a small voice. He nodded slowly. I took a deep breath. "Then I'm gonna go home right now." I said and I finally allowed a small smile to show. Harry brought his hand to my face and gently brought it close to his before kissing me gently. His forehead stayed on mine as he stared at me. I hated being stared at, but it felt right for the time being.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"For what?"

"Giving me a chance to be that kind of guy."

"I think you always were." I said softly, reluctantly pulling myself back so I could get a better view on his face. "You just never allowed yourself to be." I explained. He shook his head softly, staring at the ground with a smirk.

"Okay, go home. You've got a lot of reading to do." He said, dismissing my words just like I knew he would. I got up before gently caressing his cheek, and he leaned into my touch which felt more powerful than any 'I love you's', and then I was on my way home.

I couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement roll over me as I was walking home. All those times in class where I had been craving to know bits and pieces of what he could have possibly been writing, it would all be in display in front of me as soon as I got home. I tried to stop thinking about it, just in case I'd be disappointed when I'd actually read it (which I highly doubted, but I don't think I could handle such a let down), but it was in vain. My mind clouded with possibilities and before I knew it, I was home.