The Girl Next Door

Chapter 56

"Kaleigh?! What are you...are you drunk?"

"No!" I exclaimed as I shook my head 'yes'. I had a huge smirk on my face, the alcohol in my system made my emotions go wild.

"Are you...did you come here alone?" Niall asked with a concerned look.

"No! I came here with Harry, my boyfriend." I slurred, looking around to see if I could spot him. I hadn't seen him in a while. "I haven't seen you in a while." I blurted out before my mind could register it. Who was I talking about?

"Yeah, well last time was pretty...special." He chuckled nervously. I remembered I was walking with someone, but she wasn't there anymore. She probably wondered off to mingle with other people. I didn't blame her, I wasn't the best company at the moment.

"Why are you here?" I asked suddenly. He shrugged.

"Movie nights aren't the same without you, Kayles." He admitted and for a split second, the world stopped. It was like time had frozen and it was just kind of like it always used to be. Just me and Niall, and then there was the rest of the world. I realized then and there, in my drunken state, just how much I missed him. Before I realized what was happening I threw my arms around him and let the tears fall.

"Kaleigh? Are you okay?" Niall asked, unsure, as he carefully pulled me back. And then I suddenly remembered why we weren't talking anymore and I pushed him with all the force I had in the chest which, apparently, wasn't much. He didn't even move an inch as he grabbed my hands. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"You hurt me. And you hurt Harry." I slurred pathetically. He rolled his eyes.

"But you guys win. Don't you see that? I'm alone now and you're together."

"You call that winning?" I retorted.

"Well, yeah."

"You're wrong."

"Why?"

"Because we lost you." I said, my eyes filled with tears once again as I finally got to break his grip on my wrists and walked (well, stumbled) away. I couldn't see anything anymore, bumping into everything and everyone and just trying desperately to get out of the house when someone caught me.

"Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!" I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

"I just...so many beers and then the girl and Niall and I-"

"Baby, are you crying?" Harry asked as he turned me around. I shook my head 'no' as my face contorted and the tears began to pour down my face. "Slow down. Come here." He said, leading me to the couch."

"Niall is here." I hiccuped as we sat down. I wiped away my tears as I waited for him to answer. He sighed before placing a hand on my lap.

"Did he say anything to you?" He finally asked after a while.

"We talked a little. I don't really remember." I said guiltily. It was true though, everything was such a blur. The buzz I had earlier was gone, and the room started spinning. I didn't feel good at all. I leaned forward and put my head in my hands as I closed my eyes, concentrating on my breathing.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked as he leaned closer to me, rubbing my back.

"I don't feel so good." I admitted weakly.

"We need to get you home."

"I don't want my sister to see me like this." I muttered, trying to think of something else than puking.

"She knew you were going to a party, right?"

"Yeah, but I didn't exactly plan on drinking. She'll just laugh at me." I explained, hoping I made sense.

"Okay, I get it." He said gently. "Come to my place then."

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"What will your parents say?" I asked and Harry just laughed softly.

"Come on. On the count of three okay?" He said gently as he put his arms around my waist, preparing to lift me up. I could tell this would be a long journey before I could finally get some sleep.