The Girl Next Door

Chapter 59

Kaleigh's POV
"This is taking forever." I heard Harry groan in my pillow and I rolled my eyes as I kept looking in my closet for something to wear.

"Well that's what you get for not telling me where we're going."

"Since when does it take you all this time to even choose. This is not the first time I surprise you." He reasoned, sitting up on the bed.

"I don't know." I admitted. "I'm just really nervous for some reason." I shrugged. Harry shook his head slightly before muttering something incomprehensible.

"Just please get ready. I'm getting bored." Harry said and I sighed, picking some random clothes and heading into the bathroom to get ready. Before I knew it we were outside and I walked towards Harry's dad's car, but Harry grabbed my wrist and shook his head slightly.

"We're not going that far." He said quietly and I looked at him confused. He just motioned for me to follow him and I did. We, in fact, didn't have far to go.

"This is Niall's house." I said, looking up at Harry.

"We can't hide anything from you." He teased. "Come on." He said, taking my hand. He led me to the back and I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

The ladder was there, like it never left.

I was frozen in place and I knew Harry was staring at me, waiting for me to actually react.

"The...the..."

"Yeah. I told you I'd fix shit." He shrugged. I threw my arms around him and tried my hardest not to squeal.

"Thank you." I said quietly once I pulled back.

"Go. He's waiting for you." Harry urged.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I already had my bro time." He joked. "I'll come back later but I figured you guys needed to talk or whatever." He shrugged.

"You don't have to leave." I said and it felt weird. A few months ago I couldn't wait for him to be out of my sight so I could see my best friend alone and now here I was, begging him to stay.

"I won't be far. Keep your cell close and text me if anything happens. But you'll be fine." He assured, kissing the top of my head and without another word, he left.

I turned around to admire the ladder once again, allowing me to reminisce for a few moments before taking a deep breathe and climbing slowly to the window. This felt right, this was home. And then I heard the most beautiful words.

"Hey, loser."

"Way to greet people, you twat." I scolded but a smiled was firmly planted on my face. Niall was smiling too.

"Listen, Kayles..."

"Let's not do this, Niall. I just...I wanna forget what happened and-"

"Okay. I missed you. Movie nights aren't the same without you."

"Did you watch them alone?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me as I plopped down on the bed. I saw him cringe before he answered.

"I had my mom up here a few times..." He trailed off and I bursted out laughing.

"It's not funny!" He said but he was laughing too. A real laugh. A Niall laugh. We calmed down and I looked at him.

"I don't wanna fight with you ever again." I pleaded.

"We won't." He said and he sounded so sure of himself, I believed him too. And then he did the most natural thing in the world. He popped in an old movie and jumped in bed besides me. The movie was boring. It was an old story with a boy-meets-girl plot but I was enjoying every second of it.

"I think this is my new favorite movie." I admitted with a smile. Niall chuckled.

"Yeah, I think it definitely deserves to be on the top spot." He agreed.

"Hey, Niall?" I started, eyes still glued to the TV.

"Yeah?" He asked back, his eyes also focused on the movie in front of him.

"D'you think everyone has their own Kaleigh and their own Niall?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I hope so." He said, looking back at me. "For their sake."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for all the support guys :) I'm trying to decide if this is the last chapter or not. Let me know what you think!