The Girl Next Door

Chapter 7

"See? That wasn't so bad." Harry coaxed as we walked out of the building. I simply gave him a look of disgust, hoping that would be enough to show him just how much I didn't like it.

"It was fun." Niall agreed as we got to the car.

"Dude, do you mind driving? I mean I drove the whole way here and I got up really early this morning..."

"And we didn't?" I scoffed. Niall took the keys from Harry, still too nice to actually stand up for himself.

As soon as we hit the highway, Harry's loud and obnoxious snores was all we heard. I took a glance at him, he was sprawled out on the backseat, and I rolled my eyes at the sight.

"I can't believe we made that big of a road trip for a two hour show." I complained, not even bothering to keep my voice down.

"You wanted the show to last longer?" Niall smirked.

"No! I wouldn't have come at all."

"Then why did you?" He asked, not in a harsh tone, I don't think he'd be capable of that. I shrugged.

"Because you were going so what else was I supposed to do today? If I would'e went back home, I-"

"I know." Niall interrupted. "Your sister would've dumped a whole list of chores for you to do." Niall finished for me. He knew me to well.

"She mentioned something about me visiting my parents. How it's my turn and everything." I replied in an unattached tone.

"You mean, at the graveyard and in prison?" He asked. My big sister and I only 'visited' my parents a few times a year, and we alternated turns. Their anniversary was coming around and Lea, my sister, already went for father's day, so now it was my turn.

I nodded, looking out the window. Niall sighed. He knew how hard this was for me.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked, focusing on the road.

"If you want." I muttered, not wanting to force him but wanting nothing more than his soothing company when I face the stone and the stranger I used to call my dad.

"You know I'll come. Just tell me when." He said, looking at me briefly giving me a reassuring smile before focusing back on the road.

"Thanks." I said, barely over a whisper.

"Don't mention it." He said as he yawned. I glanced at the clock. It read 3:50, which meant we'd be back late in the evening. I fought the urge to sigh as I looked out the window, mentally preparing myself for a long drive home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! Thanks for those who subscribed!! Hope you enjoy! :)