Status: RIP MCR

Reunited

Coffee

Working for the Comic Store was my life. When I say it was my life, I really mean it. I worked twelve hours a day, brought work home with me and always took some on vacation (whenever I was forced to take one). I had no friends, my family had pretty much given up on the idea of ever seeing me again. Then a funny thing happened, A random stranger walked in. He would be a random stranger that is, if he wasn't the guy that I had been crushing on since high school. I hadn't seen him for over a year and he had changed a lot. In good ways and bad I suppose but to me I only saw good.
Obviously I stuttered out a greeting and he grinned cooly and raised a hand at me. I reddened and turned away, stacking comics.
The reason my job takes over my life is because I need this distraction. (Also because I like comics, a lot) I get well payed though, £8 an hour. Well payed for a comic store. I enjoy it too, I can just read comics all day.
Back to my crush, His name was Frank. He now has a lot of tattoos;he used to have 'bookworm' on his smaller knuckle space but now he has 'Halloween' on his knuckles. H also has full sleeves on his well toned arms. Even better, he had shaved off the sides of his hair and styled it into a black/brown fauxhawk.
I think he noticed me staring as he looked up at me and caught my eye, smiling warmly. He walked over to me then, with a comic book in his hand. 'Sandman' I think. An old edition.
I looked down, not daring to look at him again and told him it was a good choice.
'You were in my Geography and art class, right? Gerard?'
'Uh.. Yeah. I think so. Frank right? '
'Yeah man, how are you doing? You haven't changed'
his face lit up as I smiled at him and handed him his change and his comic in a bag.
He thanked me and before leaving he asked if I wanted to get a coffee on my break. I was startled and replied hastily.
'Of course Frank, I can actually get off for lunch now. Where were you thinking of going?'
While saying this I grabbed my jacket and bag with my money and art utensils.
'Eh, well we could go to Starbucks but I know this really cute coffee place the other en of town, it's not too far away and their vanilla frappacino is the best.'
Did he just say cute?
He said cute.
'Um sure. Sounds good. I just have to tell Amy I'm going a minute'
I popped around the door and jumped on Amy, silently screaming in her ear what happened as she sorted my hair out. After I finished this I went back out front where frank was and he smiled at me as we walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
~just trying to get inspiration. Result of boredom
~Xerox xo