Status: Just a One Shot.

All You Ever Wanted

All You Ever Wanted

Today was the day.

The day that my entire life would change. I was getting married.

That was a strange thought. I was getting married. To Brian Haner Jr. no less. I never thought that I would marry him. The man I swore up and down I would marry was dead. Had been for a six years. I never really thought about him. He was a bastard and was only with me because my brother was famous.

I guess you could say that Brian had been there for me when I realized he was playing me, I hadn't realized until after his death. Him and my big brother. My older brother was his best friend Zacky.

I'd been a year below the guys in school. Brian and I had always fought. Zacky had said that we bickered like an old married couple. At that time just the thought of ever marrying Brian Haner had severely grossed me out.

I had shouted at Zacky for saying that, while Brian had made grossed out faces in the background. Jimmy had run around us in circles screaming that wedding bells were on the horizon. Matt had rolled his eyes and gone back to making out with Val.

She was, and remains to this day, my best friend. She's actually my Maid of Honor. Zacky was Brian's Best Man.

My stomach clenched as I heard a knock at the door. My Dad poked his head in the door, smiling.

"You almost ready?" I nodded my consent and told him I'd be out in a few seconds. He nodded and closed the door.

I had come such a long way to get here.

I hadn't thought that after high school we would remain such good friends, but we did. I expected us to all go our separate ways. Only meeting up some odd years later for McKenna's graduation. Everyone was sitting out there waiting for the Bride To Be. All but one person. Even though he wasn't out there, we still had put a 'Reserved' seat for Jimmy. I had thrown a fit when my Mom had tried to tell me that it was a stupid idea.

Zacky, being the best big brother ever, had backed me up. Mom had shook her head at me in exasperation. I had gone and asked Brian if he thought it was stupid later that night. He had looked at me like I was wearing a 'One Direction' shirt and said, 'I'd be mad if you didn't.'

I didn't want to be a bridezilla, Jimmy just had to have a seat. He was my best friend. Best guy friend and my hypothetical brother.

With a deep breath I opened the door and Dad looked up.

"You look gorgeous, Sweetheart."

"Thanks, Dad."

My stomach did summersaults as we headed to the over-the-top entrance that was covered in white lace and Gardenias. My Dad motioned to the conductor of the small wedding band and they began play that song. The one we all know, but I don't think anyone really knows the name to.

Then again... I'm probably the only one who doesn't know the name.

Dad and I waited at the back of the line of my bridesmaids and their dates.

It was customary for the Maid of Honor to walk out with the Best Man. So that left Val and Zacky at the front. They both glanced back at me. Zacky winked at me. I smiled.

Next up was Michelle and Matt. I had decided, with Brian agreeing, that they had to all be in the Wedding.

Following them was Lacey and Johnny. Johnny gave me a silly grin before walking out.

Last would be Gena and my little brother Matt. I felt bad that my Sister-in-law had to walk by herself so Matt had stepped up to the plate like the good little Brother-in-law he was.

"I guess we are up now, huh?" I whispered.

"You excited? My little girl isn't going to be a Baker anymore." Dad chuckled at the look on my face.

"So excited, I feel like I'm going to hurl on these shoes."

"It'll be so much better when you see him standing at the end of the alter." Dad promised.

I stared at him disbelievingly.

I held my breath as we appeared at the entrance. That breath let out with a whoosh as I saw Brian. He had been staring at the ground. When he glanced up and saw me, the most beautiful and breath taking smile covered his face. I felt all the tension leave my body almost immediately.

When began the slow descent to the end of the alter. It seemed like a million miles away, when in reality, it was 20 steps.

When we reached the end of the alter, Dad kissed my cheek before handing me off to Brian. That smile which had been in place seconds ago was gone. He was staring at me in amazement.

"You look so beautiful." My face warmed up and I giggled.

"You don't look to bad yourself." He smirked.

I hadn't bothered with a silly veil. I never did like them much. Always thought they just got in the way. So I had settled with this little tiara that Val had gotten me and insisted I wear. Apparently it corresponded perfectly with my dress.

Brian and I had turned our attention to the Preacher as he began his little speech. I don't think that Brian nor I really paid attention. Only when he directly spoke to us. Instead, we spent the small amount of time sneaking glances at each other and smiling when we caught the other's eye. It was like a silly game one would play with their crush in high school. The teacher couldn't keep the two together so he separates them.

We were both drawn when we were asked to say our vows. Brian was the first to go.

"You know, if we were still in high school and someone told me that I was going to be standing here right now marrying my best friends little sister, I probably would have told them that they were fucking crazy," I smiled at him as the crowd laughed, "but right now as I'm standing here in front of you... I can't imagine myself being anywhere else. Mia, I promise to love and care for you and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, patient, and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you. I love you." I don't know how big my smile was, but I knew I probably look a little crazy. He chuckled at that. I could hear Matt's booming laugh in the background once he saw my 'crazy smile.'

Guess it's my turn now.

"I think we might have stolen each others beginning to our vows," Brian chuckled, "I remember Zacky and Jimmy always saying we were going to be married one day. That always equaled us looking at them, and giving them a, 'What the heck? Are you crazy?' type of look," Brian chuckled, " But like you said, I can't truly imagine myself standing up here with anyone else but you. Brian, I promise to love you, to be your best friend, to respect and support you, to be patient with you, to work together with you to achieve our goals, to accept you unconditionally, and to share life with you throughout the years. I love you."

The preacher asked us to join hands, "Do you, Brian Haner Jr., take Mia Baker to be your lawful wedded wife? Will you love, respect and honor her throughout your years together?"

"I do." Brian spoke, not taking his eyes off of me.

"And do you, Mia Baker, take Brian Haner Jr. to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love, respect and honor him throughout your years together?"

"I do."

"Then with the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride."

"Finally!" Brian shouted and picked me up off the ground and smashed our lips together. Hoots and hollers could be heard in the background with a few wolf whistles. I smiled through the kiss. A few seconds later the kiss broke.

"I love you, Mr. Haner." I whispered.

"I love you even more, Mrs. Haner." I giggled.

"That's not even possible."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I used a Hunter Hayes song as the title of this chapter and this story. Sue me. ;)