Status: Traslation of 'Jukebox' to story.

Tease Me 'Till the End

Put a Quarter in the Jukebox & Sing Along

Swirling the translucent glass around, the brown liquid swirled—as the ice hits it perimeters. Letting his body relax, his lanky limbs rested on the table before him, figure slumped back on the red cushioned chair. Surveying the bar, bodies hung around the counter, eyeing the new Batista. Cheryl.

She wears a smirk on her face, nimble manicured fingers twirled through her blonde locks. All a while pressing her upper body against the counter, that—an old trick thrown out, a full view, full, but surely teasing.

He could only laugh at those who surrounded her, mouth agape reaching into their pockets for wades of money. What's a Friday night without some booze and eye candy that isn't their wives?

Taking a sip of his chilled Jack, he turned his attention to the late night wanderers. As they walked in, they each gave him a nod, and took their respectable spots by the pool table.

He returned a simple nod and continued nursing his liquor. He was known for his bad boy reputation and front man of ‘The Summer Set.’

Brian Dales was the one to beat in this town.

Everyone has an eye for this eye candy of a man, but only he didn’t return the admiration. He only had an eye for one girl, but too bad she’s good at playing his game too.

Watching the clock as it strike midnight, a small smile crept onto his face.

She was never late.

Like hitting a hammer straight on the nail, the doors of the bar swung open allowing the musty smell of rain to enter. Close behind a tall blonde walked in, she slowly shimmied out of her coat—revealing a tight black mini dress. The way that the material hugged her body in all the right places, the whole bar turned their attention to the little bombshell.

Even him

Acknowledging the dozen pair of eyes on her, she carefully hung her coat on the rack before strutting her way to the bar, letting her hips swing as a tease to those wondering eyes. Off in her own corner, she leaned over the bar, giving everyone a good view of her perfectly curved body.

Smirking at her obvious attempts, Brian got up from his spot for the past two hours and made his way to the bar next to her casually. Pulling a stool out, he called over Cheryl.

“A shot of Jameson, my good lady.” she nodded smoothly, dragging her nails against the counter grabbing a shot glass.

“Anything for you handsome,” she winked, letting a seductive smile play onto her lips.

“Always smooth with the ladies aren’t we?” A sugary voice said from beside him.

He turned his head, coming in contact with her shimmering green orbs. “Only when there’s a pretty lady around, to impress.”

She scoffed. “You know, one of these days I might consider this stalking.” Her feet tapped against the floor rhythmically. Her little black cowboy boots clicked against the wood. “What are your intentions?”

“Intentions?” he questioned dumbly. “What in your sweet little head thinks I want something out of this?”

“For a guy like you, you sure as hell like to play dumb.” She stated boldly with a straight face, not looking away from his eyes.

He could only laugh at her punches. “How ‘bout you tell me something ‘about yourself, so it doesn’t make me a total creep.”

“And why should I do that?” She retorted turning away from him to the TV before her.

“Because, I can’t resist a mysterious girl like you.” He breathed huskily into her ear. His words lingered the dense air. “And I damn sure like a challenge.”

“I don’t play games,” she turned to him putting only inches between their faces. “And even if I did, you couldn’t keep up.”

“Then why don’t you show me how you play?” he said slowly, smiled sweetly with an edge.

“You just won’t give up will you?” She asked annoyed. He nodded knowing he’s soon to get his way. “Fine, what do you want Dales?”

He was taken aback by her, she knew his name. “How did you know my last name?”

She let out a laugh, giving him a once over. “Are you serious? Your name is filtered through all teen girls around this town. ‘Oh my god, he’s so hot. I would so fuck him.’”

He laughed nodding. “Ah, I do have that effect on girls these days.” She gave him an un-amused glare. “Feel the charm yet?”

“Whatever,” she rolled her eyes for the millionth time in the time frame of five minutes. Brian had his work cut out for him.

This time it was Brian who rolled his eyes. “Are you gonna tell me about yourself or I’m I gonna have to pry it out of you?”

She doesn’t reply. She plays it off, looking at the poker tournament across the room.

He sighed, as Cheryl came over with his shot. “Could I at least but you a drink?” he asked. She nodded still not looking at him. “Make that three more,”

Cheryl handed him three more before walking off to the corner. Taking a shot of his drink, he shook his head. She turned her attention back onto him before doing the same.

She downed her shot, and then turned the glass over slamming it onto the counter. She licked her lips with a straight face. She did it again for the second time, then a third.

He cocked an eyebrow, “damn, just like water, huh?” He asked sucking on a lime.

She laughed, but ended up more like a scoff. Her long blonde locks fell onto her exposed shoulder. He still took it as a laugh; maybe he still does have a chance. “No, Irish blood runs through me. This is nothing.And definitely just the start of it.”

“Wow, a pretty girl who can hold her liquor.” He smiled, “my kind of woman.”

She scoffed clearly this time. “Too bad not your woman, huh?” She teased, running her finger on the rim of the glass.

They sat there in silence while listening to the conversations around them play. The buzz in his head started to increase from the amount he’d previously consumed till now, while she sat their without any affects.

She bit the corner of her vibrant red lips, starting to break the silence. “I can’t sleep alone. I really like The Stones and I hate TV."

He turned his head shocked. “What?”

“I’m not repeating myself.” She said downing another shot. There lied before him were four upside down glasses.

Knowing he’d just cracked her, he smiled victoriously. Not wanting to ruin the moment, he continued on. “Ah the classic Stones, I’m impressed.” He said with a wink. That only caused her to roll her precious eyes.

“How ‘bout yourself pretty boy?” She asked, leaning against the counter, turning more towards him. Her soft skin glowed under the dull lights.

He chuckled, thinking of what to say. “Well I must confess, I'm a little obsessed with Dawson's Creek.” She raised her eyebrows in surprise, a small grin appeared. “Yeah I know what you think, make fun of me all you want.”

She shook her head, as her nimble fingers traveled to his cheeks, giving them a pinch. “No, I think it’s pretty cute.” Her soft touch made him crave her more, but he couldn’t let her know that. This was her game.

But why did she just show affection towards him? Let alone physically touch him? The whiskey

A small blush crept on his face but didn’t last long before he had to fire back. “You’re afraid of sleeping alone?” She nodded shyly, letting her head hang low. He smiled coming up with the courage and grabbed the tip of her chin, making her look him in the eyes. “That won’t be a problem tonight, cause you’ve got me.”

Could you say smooth?

“I better be drunk and on my death bed before I let that happen.” She said flicking a peanut off the counter.

“Not a problem drunk, but I rather keep you alive for—“he started but was cut off by a loud commotion that neared the front entrance.

There stood a buff biker, tattoos covering his arms, while some hid behind his slick leather jacket. His face was fuming red as it dripped of beer. Across from him was Cheryl, a smug look plastered on her face, while a mug which was once full hung loosely in her grip.

Brian and her were shocked a first, waiting for a reaction from the biker, but was left to be amused, when someone started to play a song by Springsteen. The biker and Cheryl broke out singing to the lyrics; he grabbed onto her hand and twirled her around.
For everyone else around, this was the usual kiss and make-up situation. Springsteen solved everything.

“Guess he’s gonna get lucky tonight.” She said turning her attention away from the couple and back to Brian.

Grabbing their drinks off the counter, with the other hand pulled her to the dance floor. “I don’t think we should let them have all the fun tonight.”

“What do you think you’re doing?” She asked being dragged towards the center of the room. Her cowboy boots scuffed against the slick wooden floor.

He only held on tighter, setting the drinks down a near table. Keeping her still in grasp, he dragged her frame to the jukebox, pulling out a quarter from his pocket.

“Pick a song,” he demanded.

“Fine,” she huffed taking the quarter from his fingertips. Looking at the selections, she slipped the quarter into the slot and pressed the flashing red button.

He said he wanted to play here game, that was what he was gonna do. I wasn’t coming easy without her making him a little crazy. “Come on.” She pulled his wrist to the dance floor.

Her turn to take over, in the end it’s always her game.

Turning him around so he was facing her, she pulled him by the collar pressing their bodies together. Her arms made their way around his neck while his slid their way down to her waist.

He held her with a firm grasp, surprised by her actions, but wasn’t going to turn it down by all means.

Slowly the floor started to fill with more people, as the jukebox spitted out ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me,” by Def. Leopard.

Pulling her so there was no air between them; he let his body sway against hers, while leaning down to her. His hot breathe warming her sensitive ear. “Good choice,” he whispered in a husky voice.

Her body shivered in her grasp. He was starting to get to her, but she wasn’t gonna let it happen. Not tonight at least.

Spinning her body around, her back now pressed against him. As the song hit the chorus, she allowed her hips to swing back and forth, her butt grinding into him.

She knew what she was doing to him, he knew it too.

“ Pour some sugar on me Oh, in the name of love Pour some sugar on me C'mon fire me up Pour your sugar on me I can't get enough.”

She pressed her lower half harder onto him, getting the reaction she wanted. The chorus started to die down, her hips slowly swayed teasingly. His breathe was haggard, while his hands gripped tensely to her sides.

The song died down, as another one started up. He released his grasp on her curvy hips, letting her turn around to him. She bites her lips seductively, grabbing his hand pulling him towards their drinks.

“How ‘about a couple more shots?” she asked, shooting one down her throat. He did the same feeling the burning sensation slide down.

Feeling a high from the way her body was pressed against his, to the way she moved her hips made him want more.

The night seemed to past by with the encouragement of a few of their friends Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker, enough to land them on stage with another couple singing Karaoke.

Their words slurred together as they dance around the stage, before leaping onto tables. As the song paused for a brief moment for a guitar solo, Brian pulled her up onto the bar counter, microphone still in hand.

He held up her drink telling her do the same. “If you got a drink put it in the air! Here's a toast ‘cause we just don't care. If you got a voice then sing, cause life goes on and on and on!”

Everyone around held up their drinks saluting one another before joining in to sing the last segment of the song. The whole bar cheered loudly, slamming their drinks onto the table.

Letting her head fall onto his chest, she erupted into laughter. Lifting her head to face him, the tips of their noses touch.

“I have to go.” She said before hopping off the counter to the double doors. She slipped on her jacket; half way through the door, a hand found hers and pulled her back.

She turned to Brian, he was panting heavily. “You’re just gonna leave like that?”

She held onto his hands, “Life goes on, we got all night. If you got rock and roll, you're gonna be alright.” She whispered before placing a kiss onto his lips.

Pulling apart, she gave him one last peck on the lips before walking away into the darkness. He closed his eye replaying the moment they’d shared. His efforts hadn’t gone to waste.

Slipping his hands into his coat pocket, he felt something against the tips of his fingers. Pulling it out, revealed a crumple napkin. He look down at it with a smirk, See you next Friday—it’s a date.” It read, but the last part got him. <3 Carter.

He smiled victoriously, balling his hand into a fist raising it into the air and walked back to the bar.

The named played through his head, Carter
♠ ♠ ♠
Carter

I posted this for the story a couple days ago, and originally was Alex Gaskarth, but then decided to change it to Brian Dales. I took the lyrics as literal as I could, and for those who noticed yes I did at the end add the part from 'Boomerang' music video, that also referenced the 'Breakfast Club." Hope you all enjoyed!
~Andrea