Drown in Your Love

He found someone new

It’s been two months. Two months since I last spoke to Jaime. I wasn’t feeling any better and I was beginning to hate myself for it. How could I let someone get to me like this? Especially a guy? I was an independent person but when it came to Him, I was addicted. He became everything I needed and that frightened me. I didn’t want to lose him. But that’s exactly what happened.

--Flashback--

“Vic?” my boyfriend Jaime called up to me. I turned the light off in the bathroom and headed out to meet him in the living room.

“I’m ready! I’m ready,” I chuckled as I followed him out of house and into the car.

Tonight was our two year anniversary and he had something planned. The only thing I was told, though, was that I needed to dress nicely and be ready exactly at 8.

We made it to the restaurant and the hostess led us to a table in the back that was secluded from the rest of the people in the restaurant.

Once we were seated, Jaime began to fidget. At first I didn't think much of it, that was until he pushed his full plate of food away from him and turned serious.

“Vic,” he began, his voice eerily monotone, especially for him. “This is just not working out for me. I think it’s time that we see other people.”

My jaw dropped to the floor. How could he be doing this on our anniversary? Two fucking years with him and this is how he ends it? I couldn't bring myself to say or do anything but stare blankly at him. This must have been a dream, I’d wake up any second now.

The seconds passed and when he was sure I wasn't going to say anything he began to speak again and the room started to spin.

“I've actually found someone new,” Jaime stated so nonchalantly. “Well you know him actually. It’s Jack.”

Jack? Jack fucking Barakat? That fucking traitor. He was supposed to be one of our best friends and on the other hand with Alex. What was he doing with Jaime? My god damn boyfriend?

“Jack? You have got to be kidding me. How long?” he started to speak again and I threw my hand up to stop him. “How long, Jaime?”

“The past 6 months. At first it was just harmless flirting between friends. Then one night he came to me, after him and Alex broke up and well...”

That was all I needed to hear from him. My world collapsed around me as I stood up. I was seeing red. I glanced around me, my eye catching the small vase of flowers that was sitting on the table next to us. I reached over and grabbed them, throwing them full force at Jaime’s head.

I didn't even have to see that I caused any damage, as I walked away I heard the string of profanities leaving his lips.

--End flashback--

I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks as I sat curled in the fetal position on the couch, remembering that day exactly two months ago.

Nothing I tried could get me over him. My family and friends began to worry but I wouldn't come around. I retreated into my shell, nothing was able to bring me back to who I used to be.

I still wasn't okay and I’m not sure if I ever will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you guys think. I'm going to make this a chaptered fic.