Status: Active!

Our Dirty Hands

The Hands of The Vengeful

Buckets of ice cold rain splashed onto the concrete in front of me. I was smoking my last cigarette. It had been a month since they ripped me out of the arms of my uncle, and made me watch him die.
I replayed the vision in my mind over and over, his blood splattering up against the cabin wall and his dead cold eyes, staring into mine.
There was nothing I could do about it.
I could feel the hot tear fall down my cold face. Although, I was numb to the feeling of tears now, I had cried to many,
Before, this everything was going well , I was doing well in my work and I was about to ask the love of my life to marry me, but now I can never see her again or they will murder her.
I turned 17 a couple of days ago.
Where I come from it is traditional to ask someone to marry you at a young age and stay engaged with them until the age of 18 and then have the ceremony.
We were going to have ours in the forest under one of the largest pine trees anyone has ever laid eyes on.
But I cannot think of her any longer or it will just give me hardship.
I must let those thoughts leave me, I am a solder now, sworn to live the lonely life of battles and blood spilling onto my own hands.

I saw two young men walk past me, I could tell by just looking at them that they had been exposed to radiation from some sort of factory. The taller older one having a white streak in his hair and the darkness under his eyes made it obvious he worked in the underground; the younger bright eyed one was obviously a surface worker of some sort but his hands were scared and bandaged. I had never seen them before.

The elder one had something off about him, he looked like he was on some sort of drug, or needed one. His eyes were slightly blood shot and his hands were shaking.

The younger one was examining me like some sort of exotic creature he had never seen before, while the older one ignored me completely,
"Never seen a half breed before boy? "

The young one blinked, "what's a half bre-"

"It's trouble that's what it is now let's go.."
The older one snapped. He was rather tall for a human but not as tall as me.

"I'm here just like you, I was taken away from my family and watched them die. "

He looked me in the eye, "so you're just a kid like skippy over here.."

I smirked a little, "I would assume so. You're the oldest one I've seen my entire month being here.."

He ran his fingers though his dis colored hair, "So you were one of the first ones they picked up?"

I nodded softly, "come, they have good alcohol here."

They nodded at each other and followed me to the pub.
It's where most of the solders would hang out at.

~

My body was already reacting to not having any Opperinium. I had already thrown up, and I could feel my hands shaking and my vision going blurry, this was bad.

Stay close kid.."

I was very suspicious of this half blood and I had no intention of trusting him, I was hoping Lenith would feel the same.

He glared at me,
"You're not my father...don't tell me what to do ass."

I grabbed him by the arm, "Listen kid, I may not be your damn father but we're family wether you like it or not. We come from the same district, and I'm sure that its not going to be there IF we ever get to go back. We have to stay together or we'll die, do you understand?"

He just gave me the same bratty glare as we made our way into the bar and sat down on the stools.

I could already feel the eyes of the men and boys staring at us.

The half blood spoke up, "my names Orin by the way, what are your names?"

I looked at him and spoke boldly, "my name is Quarin.."

Everything dropped silent and I could feel all the attention set on me.
" your the one that captain has been talking about?"
I looked at him with confusion.

'What in the hell is going on?'

I thought to my self as a smirk formed on his white pale lips.

"You're the chosen one for this years...experimentation."

My heart began beating fast and I shook my head,
"Don't fuck with me. Those are only myths."
He grinned, "Or are they? How do you think the human government has been taking over the world piece by piece? With military power? No...they call them the Téra experiments, freaks of nature."

My pupils shrank and I stood up and took Leniths arm and quickly walked out of the pub as fast as I could.

"We have to get out of here..."

I rushed toward our hotel, Lenith following close behind, "I need a fucking gun or we'll never make it out a live! Damn it!"
I spun around looking all over the tall buildings for something, even scraps.
I knew how to put a cycle gun together then take it a part again.
Anything.
Something.

Orin walked up to us from afar,
"Looking for a gun I assume?"
I shot him a sharp look and ran up to him and grabbed him by the neck,
"You shit! Where do they keep them!?"

He shook his head at me, "Your going to have to steal them you dumb ass...kill a solder with one stab to the back of the neck and then take there gun. It's the only way."

I threw him down in anger, "Fine.."

I walked toward a trash bin and dug through it and found a shard of glass.

Lenith looked at me with this look of disappointment, "You're insane!"

I looked back at him holding the shard tightly in my hand,
"Am I?"

Night would fall upon us soon and that's when I would make my move, with a cycle gun in my shaky hands, I would be unstoppable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it, I wrote this one during school so, if it's bad I'm sorry.
Please leave a comment and stay tuned!