Status: Active!

Our Dirty Hands

Hands tied

"Don't do it."
Lenith whispered to me grabbing my arm with his shaky gloved hands.
The colossal solder was marching down the street, I was preparing my self to sneak behind him and stab him in his neck, it was the only spot not armored.

I just glanced at Lenith's distressed face and shook my head.

He's just a kid...

I could hear the chatter of the man's armor and metallic boots as the bulky man made his way past the alley, I swooped behind him and dug the shard of glass into his neck, I swung my other arm around his mouth to stop his scream.

Hot blood sprayed onto my face and seeped down my arms and dripped from my elbow.

I took the gun out of his cold dead hands and into my own. The cold metal touched the skin of my hand and I gripped it tightly, I had never felt so lively with a gun in my hands since I was eleven.

Lenith stole the *Qura Knife from the solder as well.

I inhaled the crisp damp air as I began to familiarize my self with the beautiful weapon in my hands,

Automatic, stiff trigger, light weight...

These weapons were strange to me, but the mechanics seemed to be similar. I would have to take it apart in the future to see how the newer Cycle Guns work.

There was a large explosion in the sky that caused the color on our face to become lit with a shade of red. My head shot up as well as my weapon. This wasn't like any explosion I had seen before. I glanced over at Lenith, to find him just looking up in amazement and curiosity.

"Fireworks!"

I looked at him confused.

" don't tell me you've never read about fireworks.."

I shook my head as I lowered my weapon, "who has time to read in this day and age? Let's go, we need to get into the main city where all of the people are, we can at least attempt to blend in, there may even be someone who can help us.."

Lenith nodded and we made our way down a narrower alley quickly.

This was called the North Face, otherwise known as *Wall Keira.
I couldn't help but just stand there in the alley and gaze longingly at the exploding colors and stars in the sky.
I asked myself if this is what it looked like when a star dies and erupts.

There was a metal latter leading up the wall to where the guards stood.
I lifted my weapon up once again, aiming it at the neck of the guard.

Lenith spoke in a slightly worried tone, "If you just shoot them we're just going to get caught-"

"....shut up and let me focus.."

I may not have had a clear plan, but this was a start.

Everything around me blurred as I focused my vision on the man's spinal cord on the back of his neck.
I silenced everything around me and my pupils shrank as i pulled the trigger.

Blood sprayed over the wall as the mans body went limp and he dropped over 500 feet to the concrete ground.
The cracking of his body flooded my ears as I quickly moved to the next.

This time I got the front of his neck, blood flooding out of his neck and on the comrade behind him who attempted to catch him before his corpse fell off the electromagnetic wall to it's doom.

Lenith winced at the sound of his cracking bones, and his deformed body sticking upward, his spine lodging out of his chest.
He looked away as their blood leaked into the cracks of the ass fault.

I whispered as I grabbed the boys arm, "Let's go..."

We ran down the alley and toward the entrance. The guards in the entrance were distracted with what was happening, like I had foreseen.
I breathed in deeply as I aimed once more for the electric box that kept the wall sealed, it's light blue glow lighting up our faces.
A solder just so happened to spot us.

"Hey! You there! Put down your weapon!"

I fired.

A ear ringing alarm sounded and metal bars began closing down on the gate. I grabbed Lenith and we made it just in time....to be captured.

There was a lovely welcoming party standing there to greet us into the city, Captain Alce included.

The Captain walked up to me and looked me in the eye, his eyes were a piercing dull color that I couldn't make out.

"Get on your knees..boy.."

I spat in his face and he sledged me over the back of my head with his cannon.

I could see nothing but darkness once again.

-

There was some sort of celebration going on in the center of the metropolis, it was the source of the radiant fireworks and cheers.

"New Years... I'm sure you and your city have never had the 'time' to celebrate anything have you?"

I looked at the Captain who sat across from us.
"On our birthdate, we get a day off and an extra 10 *tins to spend on what we want...I never spent it on myself though."

"Aawweee, what a kind big brother~"
I glared at Alce's snobby remark.

"Quarin you're a fucking idiot."
I was sure this guy had been near the Gena so long it had fried his brain.
They threw us into a *Cycle Craft , even though we were in cuffs..it was exactly what I had dreamed it would be. So many colors I had never seen before, the fireworks were like exploding machines. I felt like I could have been shot in the head that very moment and died happy because I got to see the radiant fireworks my father would speak of.
Although, my heart shattered when the thought of my dearest sister entered my mind. I wouldn't die happy, knowing she's still here.
She's my only purpose in this damned life.

Even though Quarin is clearly mad, he has a point.

Maybe we could change this corruption.

Large barn red flags hung from the large structures they called skyscrapers.
These large red banners contained a symbol on them, a hand and in the palm of that hand held the earth and on the earth there was a peace sign. I could only shake my head in disgust.

Our hands are not clean, nor are they peaceful. They are covered in scars, blood, pollution...sin.

I stared at my own bandaged hands that had worked so hard on the very machines that filled my sweet sisters body with disease. I closed them into tight fists and looked upward to the heavens.

I could hear the shouts of the people below.

These people were dressed very differently from how we dress in the wasteland, although one of these people stuck out to me. A man, dressed in black....with a red fist printed on his back...this fist had what looked to be a skull on its knuckles.

"A rebellion."

I whispered softly into the wind.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm going to edit this a little more but i'm publishing it anyway
Hope you like it!
Please comment!!

* Qura Knife- A knife built in the early years of the Gena; It is a knife created to be stabbed into a victim it electrifies the rest of the body, thus instead of only effecting one part of the victims body, it effects the entire body, leaving the victim paralyzed.

*Wall Keira- There is one wall surrounding the city, Keira is the North Face of the wall.

* Tins- Wasteland money

*Cycle Craft- A hover craft used for transportation, it uses the engineering of cycling to 'hover' from destination to destination.