Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 1

My soft feet patted against the forest floor as I swiftly ran to the other side. The trees were in pain they were calling out to me needing me and I was going as fast as I could. My white robes were raised slightly of the ground but my cloak trudged through the dirt yet stayed the purist of white. There was another moan of the trees as I reached the edge of the forest but the edge had come to soon much to soon.

“Saruman The White,” I whispered looking up at the Tower. “Saruman what have you done to my lands you fool?” I yelled up to the tower as the orcs stopped working to look at my heavenly presence.
Saruman stepped into the window of his tower, “Your lands my Queen? This is a time of war no one owns lands anymore. Now, return to your precious forest till I either need you or I’m ready to kill you.”

“Need me Saruman, why would I work for some one who is killing me by destroying my lands, or is that what you mean by killing me. You going to cut every tree from the ground because as long as one tree stands I will hunt your down.”

“No my queen I can kill you much easier than that, now leave my sight,” He ordered and turned away from the window.

I glared at the land before me, my beautiful tree, my animals, my flowers, I will have my revenge Saruman The White. I turned back into the forest and walked listening to my friends as they talk many things.

As I walked closer to the edge of the forest I noticed to small creatures fighting an orc one of them was fighting the or while the other was sitting on Treebeard. When Treebeard awoke he stepped on the orc and picked up the two little creatures I watched closely as Treebeard talked to them, “Little orcs,” he bellowed. “It’s talking Merry the tree is talking,” I heard one of the creatures speak. “Tree? I am no tree! I am an Ent,” Treebeard explained. On creature stared fascinated and spoke, “A tree-herder. A shepherd of the forest.” “Don’t talk to it Merry, don’t encourage it,” the other scolded him. “Treebeard, some call me.” There talk with Treebeard made me laugh slightly from my position.

“Woah, what was that sound?” One of the asked. “It sounded like the wind to my Merry, maybe the dark forest is just getting to your head,” the other stated. “No that was not wind little ones, that was in fact the Queen of the Forests. Some call her the White Queen other call her Artemis Solas. She is the voice of the wind the breath of every tree or flower. My Queen is the very reason us Ents are alive today she feels our pain if one of us die she may become ill or weak. And if every tree dies my Queen dies with us. Her beauty is ever frozen in its age by the forests,” Treebeard spoke with honor as I moved more into view. “So you’re saying she doesn’t age ever?” The one that is called Merry asked.

“No she doesn’t. She is one of the most beautiful creatures too. Some say it drives man and elf alike to kill for her love.”
“Has she no husband or did her die?” The other creature asked.

“No the story goes that the Queen of the Forests was born from the first tree to sprout. She has no family nor husband, but the Queens heart has belongs to an elf for a long time,” Treebeard spoke looking at the creatures. “Who is this elf?” Merry asked.

“I’m not so sure I know he is one of the Princes of Mirkwood. They met many years ago when she aided the great Gandalf in an adventure.”

“Whose side are you on?” The scared creature asked. “Side? I am on my queens side little orc. She is the only one that cares for the woods,” Treebeard bellowed as he started to move.”
“We’re not orcs we’re hobbits,” Merry explain. Yes that’s it they are Hobbits I haven’t seen one of them in a long time.

I smiled to myself as I walked away from the hobbits and Treebeard. The forest was quiet again as my bare feet hit the cool ground and just as I took another step I heard a leaf crunch towards my side. To heavy and firm to be any animal, but not big enough for an Ent, no foul smell so not an orc, oh but that aura.

“The Gandalf the Grey what are you doing in my woods?” I questioned looking around the trees but only to find the empty essence of light where Gandalf was standing. “So Gandalf is in my woods and is avoiding me. I will find him soon enough,” I whispered into the wind.

I moved around the forest feeling every animal, bug, and, tree till I hit several figures that were not either of these. “Oh did the Hobbits bring other guests as well or did Gandalf bring them?” I questioned as I swiftly moved in the direction of the unknown creatures.

I reached a slightly open area in which stood a man an elf and a dwarf. I shifted behind a tree and watched the closely, the dwarf pick up some liquid off a leaf and tasted it but spit it back our quickly. “Orc blood,” He stated making me cringe in disgust. They moved swiftly into the forest as if they were following something or someone perhaps. The man touch the ground examining Treebeard’s steps, “These are strange tracks,” he stated. “The air is so close in here,” The dwarf said looking at the trees. “This forest is old, very old. Full of memory . . . and anger,” The elf explains to the men and my trees started speaking. “The trees are speaking to each other,” the elf exclaimed looking around. “Gimli,” The man called to the dwarf, “lower your ax.” They all looked around cautiously when the elf quickly turn to the man, “Aragorn Something’s out there,” He spoke in beautiful elvish. The man and the elf moved closer to me, “What do you see?” The man asked the elf. “The White Queen and The White wizard Approach,” he whispered to the man Aragorn. I moved out of view as I spoke to them through the echoes of the trees.

“My creatures what has brought you to my forest,” my voice breathed against the trees and their ears.
“Who goes there?” The man asked readying his sword.
“What a lovely voice,” he dwarf murmured readying his axe.
“What we are doing here is none of your business,” The elf said setting his bow.
“If you are to kill me my children then you will fail for you are all filled with the light of good and only evil may strike me where I stand,” I moved slightly towards them watching them closely.
“Show yourself!” The man was frustrated and angry.

“Aragorn son of Arathorn your fight is not with me my son for your battle will soon come,” I stepped into their line of sight but was quickly over powered by the bright light of the White Wizard. They men all quickly turned in the direction of the light where Gimli through an axe and the elf shot an arrow but both were quickly deflected by the Wizard, and then he heated the sword of Aragorn who quickly dropped his burning blade.

“You’re tracking the footsteps of two young hobbits,” the Wizard spoke. “Where are they?” Aragorn questioned. “They passed this was they day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?” the Wizard spoke his voice getting softer. “Who are you? Show yourself,” Aragorn commanded. I looked closely at the Wizard then smiled as I realized who it was, “Gandalf my old friend it’s been a long time,” my voice echoed from behind him as his light faded to reveal himself to his companions. “It can not be,” Aragorn whispered as Gimli and the elf bowed to Gandalf. “You fell,” he spoke in a daze.

“Through fire and water. From the lowest dungeon the the highest peak, I fought with Balrog of Morgoth. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside. Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I’ve been sent back until my task is done,” Gandalf spoke as I listened closely.

“Gandalf!” Aragorn smiled “Gandalf? Yes . . . that’s what they used to call me. Gandalf the grey. That was my name,” Gandalf smiled in remembrance. “Gandalf!” Gimli laughed. “I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide,” he said staring into Aragorn’s eyes.
Gandalf looked behind himself at me and smiled, “Oh and my friends it is not me who you should’ve bowed to, but my Queen,” he finished grabbing my delicate hand bringing me forward. The men all bowed when I came into their view. “I believe she has also seen the hobbits as well.” “Yes, Gandalf the are with my old friend Treebeard,” my voiced whisked past the trees and echoed all around us in a hush whisper.

“You were the beautiful voice in the wine,” Gimli gasp staring and me. “Yes Gimli son of Gloin. I am the voice of the wind. I am the Protecter of the forests. My name is-” I was cut off mid sentence by the elf.
“Artemis Solas. You are the only thing that represents the beauty of the forests. You are the purest of all colors for the trees are pure themselves. You are my Queen ,” the elf finished looking me directly in the eyes standing in front of me.

“Legolas,” I whispered lifting my hand to touch his cheek, “It’s been a long time my Prince,” I smiled as he grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.
“I see you two know each other. I am Aragorn son of Arathorn my Queen,” Aragorn introduced himself as he bowed slightly and kissed my hand like Legolas had.
“Yes and I am Gimli son of Gloin,” Gimli smiled and kissed my hand, “my Queen I don’t know if anyone has ever told you this but you are more beautiful than life itself.”
“That is because she is the very essence of life. She was born when the first tree was born and she will die when the last tree dies,” Gandalf patted my cloaked shoulder with a smile, “now let’s move.”
“One stage of your journey is over, another begins. War has come to Rohan. We must ride to Edoras with all speed,” Gandalf explained leading us out of the forest.

“Milady are you to accompany us the rest of the journey?” Aragorn questioned as we stood in a field.
“Why do you now wish me to accompany you to save what is also my lands?”
“She is a very skilled swordsmen and sorceress Aragorn. I’ve seen it before when she accompanied us on or last journey,” Legolas smiled towards me making me blush.
“Yes, I would’ve come and gathered her in the beginning for this journey but Milady moves through the woods so much she is hard to locate, but she is a great asset to our journey so lets venture on,” Gandalf said as he whistled. His whistle is quickly answered by a neigh of a horse and a pure white horse appears over the plain. “This is one of the mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell,” Legolas spoke mesmerized. “Shadowfax. He’s the lord of all horses and he’s been my friend for through many dangers,” Gandalf spoke as he hopped on Shadowfax.

“Gimli ride with me let the Queen ride with Legolas,” Aragorn told Gimli as he got upon his horse. Legolas got on his horse with ease and then he smiled at me, “Would, you like a hand my Queen?” “Yes, but you need not address me in such a formal way Legolas, milady or Artemis will do just fine. I hardly hear my real name as it is,” I smiled taking his and and gliding into the spot behind Legolas. I wrapped my arms around his torso as we took off towards Edoras.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there are any mistakes typed his last night. Please review it helps a lot hope you like it.