Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 10

The next chapter will be the final chapter to the Lord of the Rings but I’m going to continues this story as a prequel for The Hobbit and it will be a Thorin/Artemis/Legolas centric one. Sorry for the extremely long wait I had writers block and I apologize.

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 10

It was dusk as the we swept across the Pelennor Fields. Aragorn pushed through the riders his breast plate shined with the white tree. We rode directly behind him as we neared the mountain of Mordor.

It is now night as we stood in front of the black gates of Mordor. ll was quiet, no sign of the enemy yet the air was thick. “Where are they?” A wary Pippin asked.

“Be quiet my lord let us listen to the sounds,” I whispered calming him slightly. Gandalf nodded to Aragorn it was quick and short. Our group pushed forward towards the gates. We pulled up less than 50 marks from the towering gates.

Aragorn pushed his horse forward. “Let the lord of the Black Land come Forth; let justices be done upon him,” Aragorn’s words cut through the air like a sharp dagger. From behind the gates the terrifying chanting and the clanging of the armor of thousands sounded. With the sound of tortured metal the massive gates began to open. We stood facing our impending doom with glory and honor. The Black Gates of Mordor swung open, Sauron’s army of 300,000 orcs marched out.

“Pull back! Pull back!” Aragorn yelled as we turned galloping back to our small army as the orc masses slowly march toward us. I see the Eye of Sauron turn directly towards us, the distraction working.

The masses of orc march in on us, encircling us as the men begin to lose their nerve, all hope faltering inside them. Aragorn galloped in front of us, “Hold your ground - hold your ground! Sons of Gondor - of Rohan. . . my brothers!” Aragorn scans over the men with his strong gaze. “I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart out of me. The day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day - an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it is not this day!!! This day we fight! by all that you hold dear on the good earth - I bid you stand!” Aragorn yelled over the men. Legolas looked back at me giving me a small nod before turning back to face Aragorn. Aragorn held Anduril aloft. “Men of the West!” Aragorn yelled. We stood poised and ready to attack as the orcs surrounded us. The two armies stared at each other one strong at heart the other strong in number.

“Never thought t’d die fighting side by side with an Elf,” Gimli said from beside Legolas.

“How about side by side with a friend,” Legolas said quietly as I smiled at them. Gimli looked up at Legolas and smiled lightly, “Aye - I could do that.” Legolas dropped his hand on Gimli’s shoulder, slowly we face back forward.

Legolas turn to me his face set in stone whispering sweet elvish, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I whispered back smiling and turning back to the tide of orcs.

It is now day and Aragorn raised Andruil in a broad sweep as he walked forward then turning and facing us. Aragorn’s eyes swept over the remaining fellowship, “ For Frodo,” he said softly. Aragorn turned sword-raised and charged forward. There was a moment of silence as we stood still the a shout is heard. Pippin and Merry charge forward with the rest of us following. Aragorn crashed head on into the line of orcs. The blade of Anduril flashing as it hacks down Orcs. I lift my hands calling the roots and sending them to the orcs.

Our battle raged on the light of the sun shining and Mordor toward over us. The Nazgul fly out into the fray. Man fought Orc and bravery shined as swords clashed and blood was spilt. I hideous screech rendered the air! Gandalf and I looked up at the Nazgul diving straight toward us. It was as if the moment froze Gandalf eyes flickered as a small moth fluttered in front of us. Another cry rendered the air as the giant eagle smacked into the fowl beast it’s claws ripping into the hideous monster’s neck.

“The Eagles,” I gasped in amazement as Gandalf looked briefly at me.

“Eagles. . .” Pippin said in disbelief as he stood beside me. “The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming!” He yelled as the Eagles engaged the Nazgul.

With a storm of wings, the Nazgul wheel around and hurtle towards mount doom. “Gandalf! Frodo has been scene!” I yelled pointing towards the Nazgul.

I run through the orcs spotting Aragorn, who is confronted by an armored troll wielding an enormous mallet. I run to him to aid but the troll knocks me back. As I land on the ground I see Aragorn and Legolas fall to the ground. I stand slowly running to Aragorn as the huge troll’s foot moves closer to him. The huge foot lands on Aragorn’s chest with a thud. Aragorn stabbed the trolls foot but nothing happened. I called my roots to attack the troll but I was weak falling over from the over use of my strength. Our spirits start to weaken as man falls. I start to stand but Mount Doom catches me attention along with all the soldiers. The cave troll holding Aragorn at his mercy, is also distracted by the sounds emanating from Mordor, he turns in terror and runs off.

We watched the massive dark tower of Sauron shake itself to pieces. Towers fall and walls crumble, vast spires of smoke and spouting steam billows up. The foundations explode apart, the black gates collapsing in a huge cloud of ash.

Gandalf and I board the great Eagles taking off to find the heroes who have caused us victory. We spot the two hobbits on a rock surrounded by lava. Ash rains from above dirtying my face and skin and we sweep in and grab Frodo and Sam.