Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 11

The finale chapter for The Lord of the Rings yay!! Enjoy!!

The Wind Through The Trees

Chapter 11

I stood in the small hobbit’s room mixing leaves of the trees together to make a healing drink. “This will help him most of the way but it is up to him for the rest,” I said before setting down the mixing pieces. I walked over to Frodo’s bedside sitting down lightly on the bed. Aragorn lifted his head up allowing me to pour the drink down his throat. A glow spread through his body showing the healing drink taking affect. “This is all we can do for now, let him rest,” I spoke as I walked towards the door Aragorn following behind me. My long dress drug across the floor, it’s pure white glow reflecting around the House of Healing in Minas Tirith. Everyone was anxiously waiting for the two hobbits to awake. The saviors of man, the heroes of all.

“How are they Artemis?” Lord Elrond asked as I passed by his side.

I bowed lightly before matching his gaze, “He is progressing well and should wake up soon,” I said as he nodded and walked off.

“My Lady,” Legolas called out startling me, “Would you like to walk with me?”

“Oh course,” I smiled grabbing his arm which he held out to me.

“I was wondering, if you would . . . I apologize my queen this is something I have been wanting to ask of you for a long time, will you be my bride?” Legolas breathed looking deeply into my eyes.

“I-,” I started to reply but a healer ran over.

“The hobbit is waking up!” She said in a breath of excitement.

“Thank you, tell the others,” I told her turning back to Legolas. “After all this commotion meet me at the edge of the forrest,” I said kissing his cheek and running off towards Frodo’s room.

Frodo’s eyes fluttered open looking around slowly his eyes landed on Gandalf. “Gandalf?” Frodo asked not fully aware of his surrounding. I stood in the back watching him. “Who is she Gandalf?” The hobbit asked looking at me his eyes filled with amazement over me.

“I’d like you to meet an old friend, she is also an old friend of Bilbo. This is Artemis Solas the great White Queen of the Forests, it is her job to protect the the trees and the creatures that live by them. She has helped along our journey watched over you and has healed you,” Gandalf told Frodo as I walked forward.

“Good-day Frodo, it is a pleasure to finally meet you,” I smiled as his stared at me.

“Your voice, I heard it you spoke to me in my dreams,” Frodo stuttered out.

“Yes, I came to you in your times of need but only when I wasn’t in a time of battle,” I said touching the small creature’s cheek. I turn hearing laughter as Merry and Pippin run in jumping on the bed and hugging Frodo. Gimli and Legolas entered the room their joy plain as day. I watch Frodo’s eyes sweep over until they land on Sam, who stood apart from the rest of us.

It was a great day for us all Frodo had awoken and a great feast was being held in his honor. I walk to the out skirts of Minas Tirth where the woods just barely reached. I waited shortly until Legolas his feet swift as he followed me into the forest. “The lands I give power to are greater than any other land there is. I breath as the trees breath and I cry when they cry. We are one in the same and I can only be away for short periods of time. I must also travel around to all the areas protecting them from nasty creatures. I am telling you this because if I were to marry you I would not be able to live in just Mirkwood alone I must travel and do many things, if I be your bride you will have to travel with me and protect the same things I protect so the intern protect you,” I told Legolas as my hand brushed over a tree it’s bark rough and old.

“My Queen I would wish nothing more than to live by your side. I do not want you to be my princess or my queen later if a time comes but I want to be your king and rule by your side,” Legolas explained as he grabbed my soft white hand.

“Then I will be your bride Legolas,” I whispered as he pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss, the trees and flowers grew with excitement for their new King.

We all stood for the crowning of the new king, Aragorn. Minas Tirth had been rebuilt and the people waited for the new King to make it even greater. Gandalf placed the crown upon Aragorn’s head. “Now comes the days of the King.” Gandalf’s voice bellowed. Aragorn smiled up at him. “May they be blessed,” he continued softer. Aragorn slowly rises, turning and facing the crowd, as we all cheered and clapped for the king.

“This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in days of peace,” Aragorn said to the people that stood before him. His glory and honor showing proudly as the crowd roared for him. “Et Earello, Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn' Ambar-metta,” Aragorn sings for his people before he starts the walk down the long white paved path. The crowd bows heads in respect to their new king. Aragorn passes Eowyn and Faramir who bow before him, Eomer steps forward to bow in respect. The trumpets sound Legolas, the Elves, and I approach Aragorn. We were all dressed in shimmering silvers and whites. Legolas and I stepped forward, our crowns resting upon our heads. We gesture behind us, Aragorn’s eyes scan the elves behind us. A banner carried aloft bearing the White Tree of Condor in full flower. . . the elf ranks part revealing Arwen, eyes shining. The now mortal, but deeply loved woman carried the standard of Condor. Aragorn kisses her as Elrond’s face breaks a smile. When they break they embrace each other before continuing down the path. They walk through the crowd towards the small figures who stand nervously at the end of the path. Aragorn and Arwen look at Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin as the stand before them. The four hobbits. dressed in their old clothes, clean and mended, bow their heads. Aragorn raises a hand.

“My friends. . . you bow to no-one,” Aragorn said before he dropped on one knee, kneeling before the hobbits, his head bowed as the crowed followed suit. We all kneeled before the four hobbits, tears welling up in Frodo’s eyes. He clutched Sam’s hand as over a thousand people payed homage to the courage of the hobbit from The Shire. Story of the brave fellowships has ended but individual each person will go one their journeys will continue and become greater than the fellowship, marriages will happen, and children will be born but in our hearts the fellowship will be as strong as the day it started and as each one of our time comes we will all board our own white whip and leave fore the Headlands.