Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 6

Artemis’ new look is on my tumblr!! This chapter may be short since it is the end of the movie.
The Wind Through the Trees

The glory of the fighters started to fade as the light from my body disappeared. The Uruk-hai did not let up they pushed with more force causing the soldiers to fall back to protect the gate I laid limp in Legolas’ arms as the deafening roar became louder stopping the Uruk-Hai. As the roar grew the Uruk-Hai looked around hesitantly until roots started to protrude from the ground grabbing onto what ever Uruk-Hai was close to them. The roots kept coming until branches and a trunk came from the ground. The Ent stood tall at a hundred and fifty feet, his white trunk and branches shedding light on the darkened place of Helm’s Deep. He snapped his head towards Helm’s Deep and let out another massive roar knocking over men and Uruk-Hai alike.

Legolas stared in amazement at the massive Ent. “What is that thing?” Théoden asked barely able to speak. “That is the Grand Ent he was the first of all the Ents and trees, he is a father to Artemis,” Legolas explained as my body started to glow in his arms and lift up into the are my long hair falling as the men watched the magic before them take place. “You protect your people Théoden of Rohan,” The ent spoke deeply, “I will handle her,” He finished as my body exploded into a million lights that rained from the heavens.

Legolas cried out to me as he was pulled back into the castle where the Uruk-Hai quickly breached the castle. “They’ve broken through! The castle is breached. Retreat!” Théoden yelled to the men running back. “Fall back!” Gamling cried. “Retreat!” Théoden yelled once more. “Hurry! Inside! Get them inside!” Aragorn yelled as they all ran towards the keep. Legolas fired two arrows into the Uruk-hai arm as he ran inside.

“The fortress is taken. It is over,” Théoden’s voice filled with sadness. Aragorn and Legolas carried a table to the doors to help barricade them. “You said this fortress would never fall while your med defend it! They still defend it! They have died defending it!” Aragorn yelled at the king. The women cried out as the men blocked the entrances. “It there no other way for the woman and children to get out of the caves? Is there no other way?” Aragorn asked the men. “There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far. Uruk-Hai are too many,” Gamling answered Aragorn’s call. “Send word for the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance,” Aragorn ordered. “So much death. what can men do against such reckless hate?” Théoden asked solemnly. Aragorn pause, “Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them.” “For death and glory,” Théoden said as he filled up with determination. “For Rohan. For your people,” Aragorn told him.

The men mounted their horses and put on their helmets as the horn rumbled through Helm’s Deep coming from Gimli’s strong lungs. “FORTH EORLINGAS!!” Théoden screamed out at the people as he lead the charge out of the keep into the Hornburg, slashing away at the Uruk-Hai as the go. Without a pause they storm out of the gate and down the Causeway. Before they reached the waiting Uruk-Hai a blinding light spread over the land and a figure floated from the sky onto the ground between the soldiers and the Uruk-Hai. The light faded to reveal a female figure who’s hair fell around her feet in a white blaze.

“Artemis,” Legolas whispered as my face finally shown to the crowd of people. The soldiers gasped as I landed softly on the ground. “Soldiers of Rohan do not lose your faith you will have your victory,” My voice echoed over the land as Gandalf appeared in the east. “Gandalf,” Aragorn called at the figure on the horse. “Rohirrim!!” Eomer cried out as the riders moved up behind him and Gandalf. “Eomer!” The king cried out to his kin. “To the king!” Eomer yelled as the Rohirrim and the White Rider charge down the slope. Half the Uruk-Hai army turns to face the challenge, bearing their spears down towards the riders. As the riders draw closer, the sun rises behind them, momentarily blinding the Uruk-Hai who raise their hands to shield their eyes. As the riders clash into the Uruk-Hai the soldier attacked from the other side as I lifted back into the air attack with branches and roots from above. The Grand Tree attack from the side making sure I was safe along with my loved ones.
“Victory!! We have Victory!” Théoden cried rising his sword in the air. “Sauron’s wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift. The battle for Helm’s Deep is over. The battle for Middle-earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits. Somewhere in the wilderness,” Gandalf spoke wisely as Legolas walked over to me.

“You are alright,” Legolas whispered as his fingers grazed my cheek, “How?” “The Grand Tree saved my life, he brought me into it and he brought me back again,” I told him as The Grand Tree walked over to me. “My daughter you have been saved because of your heart that protects and loves the lands,” his voice rumbled over us. “Do not abuse your gift for I must return where I wait for the war to start,” my father told me as he started to turn around to leave. “Wait Sir!” Legolas cried out the him causing him to stop and look towards the running elf. I didn’t hear what Legolas talked to him about but whatever it is it made my father happy.

Legolas came back towards me and lead me into Helm’s Deep where the wounded were being treated. “What did you talk to my father about,” I asked Legolas. “You’ll find out in due time my Queen,” He whispered as he pressed a loving kiss to my forehead. “Artemis,” Legolas whispered as he looked down at my small figure. “Yeah,” I answered. “Promise me to never do that again. I don’t know if I would have been able to fight knowing you were gone,” Legolas told me brushing the falling tears out of my eyes. “I promise,” I whispered as he leaned down and pressed his soft lips against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy it I will start with the third movie soon but I must update my other stories first. Thank you all so much!! Be looking out for the next chapter!!