Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 7

I do not own the song in this chapter.
The Wind Through the Trees

I lead us through the dark woodland to Isengard where my Ents were fighting. The moving forest of Fangorn opened before us creating an avenue of trees allowing us access to the old Isengard road. A thick humid mist filled the forest around us. The remaining trees separated ahead of us opening up to to the ruins os Isengard.

“The Ents did well,” I smiled as we came upon the two hobbits smoking and enjoying the sun. “I feel like I’m back at the Green Dragon after a hard days work,” Pippin spoke. “Only, you’ve never done a hard days work,” Merry replied. Pippin started to speak but was cut off by Merry, “Welcome, my lords and lady, to Isengard.”

We started at the sight before us looking at the desolated Isengard and the joyous hobbits. “You young rascals! a merry hunt you’ve led us on, and now we find you feasting and smoking,” Gimli yelled flabbergasted. Pippin spoke with his mouth full, “We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good.” “Salted pork?” Gimli asked becoming interested. “Hobbits!” Gandalf said shaking his head.

“We’re under orders from Treebeard who is under the Queen, who’s taken over Isengard,” Merry spoke smiling at me. Gandalf lead us through the flotsam and jetsam which floats upon the muddied waters surrounding the tower. Treebeard stride towards us alarming he others. “Huraroom . . . Young Master Gandalf and Queen Artemis Solas, I’m glad you’ve come. Wood and Water, stock and stone I can master, but there’s a wizard to be managed here . . . Locked in his tower,” Treebeard spoke looking towards the tower. “And there Saruman must remain, under your guard, Treebeard,” Gandalf told Treebeard who nodded.

“My Queen you have changed,” Treebeard spoke looking at my new form. “Yes I have my friend. My father has rebirthed me into a more powerful being,” I told him spinning slightly. “The Grand Tree came to the lands?” Treebeard gasped. “Yes he saved us from death and awarded me with another life for my death,” I spoke.

“The filth of Saruman is washing away . . . Trees will come back to live here, young trees . . . wild trees,” Treebeard said as I sprouted small plants around the rubble. As we walked through the areas Pippin quickly jumped off Aragorn’s horse grabbing the Palantir from the water. “Well bless my bark!” Treebeard spoke in amazement. “Peregrin Took! I’ll take that, my lad!” Gandalf ordered urgently. Pippin didn’t move just stared in wonder at the smooth black stone. “Quickly, now!” Gandalf continued as Pippin reluctantly handed the Palantir to Gandalf who immediately smothered it in his cloak.

We all gathered and celebrated drinking ale and dancing with the joyous hobbits. Merry and Pippin jumped onto the table in cheer as they started to sing, “Oh, you cans search - up and down as many lands as can be found but you’ll never find a beer so brown as the one we drink in our home town you can keep your fancy ales you can drink them by the flagon but the only blew, for the brave and true, comes from the Green Dragon!” we laughed and clapped at the drunk hobbits, but we couldn’t help but think of the missing hobbits.

Legolas and I moved out to the steps of the great hall watching the land around us. “It is good that some can feel joy in a time of war and death,” I spoke thinking of the small hobbits. “That is because the have high spirits,” Legolas smiled as the wind blew through my long hair. “I feel as though this war will end and we will not live through it,” I spoke sadly looking at the moon and feeling the disturbances in the trees. “Don’t worry my love we will fight and live I can promise you that,” Legolas spoke as he pulled me into his chest. “I know we will it just hope we do not lose our friends. My heart can not bare to lose the people I care about,” I whispered as Aragorn walked out to meet us. “The stars are veiled, something stirs in the east . . . A sleepless malice,” Legolas spoke looking at Aragorn. “The eye of the enemy is moving,” He continued.

“He is here,” Legolas spoke urgently as we ran into the sleeping quarters. “Help! Someone help him!” Merry screamed as we ran into the room. Gandalf woke with a start as Pippin fell onto the floor. We moved away as the Palantir fell from his hands. Gandalf quickly threw a blanket over it in a furry of anger and disbelief. “Fool of a Took!” Gandalf yelled as I lifted Pippin’s slumped head soothing him with a song.
“From the start through all time
Here upon the wind
Disorder reigned hand in hand with Spring
Earth and the fire
Air and the water
Moulded the sea and landscape
Moving, flowing with no seeming purpose
Endlessly changing
Survival
Spring into Summer
Time for reflection
Time to grow
World full of meaning
Place rearranging
Face ever changing
For all our lives
These are our roots and it's our way
We grow, we reap and sow
We reap and sow the seasons of our day
Within the heart of all things born that day
The Autumn scene brings the Winters way
Colours are shading
Misting and fading
Turning toward
Changes, living
Each time the past and the future
Holding together
Tomorrow
Winter to Springtime, a season for planning
Time to learn
World full of stillness
World ever waiting
Anticipating
For all of our lives
These are our roots, and it's our way
We grow, we reap, and sow
We reap and sow the seasons of our day
We fall, while aiming so high
We crawl, flying
Man has North, South, East and West
Man has, trying
A song for all seasons through
Man has North, South, East and West
Man has music
Man has North, South, East and West
Man makes music
A song for all seasons through
Song for all seasons
A song for all our time
We'll have a song for all the seasons through” I finished the song looking down at Pippin who had calmed and caught his breath. The other men were trance by the song as I spoke to Pippin again, “What did you see young hobbit?”

“A tree . . . There was a white tree . . . in a courtyard of stone . . . it was dead!” Pippin spoke in a hushed whisper. “The city was burning . . .” he continued as Gandalf walked over. “Minas Tirith??? Is that what you say?” Gandalf asked hastily. “I saw . . . I saw him . . . I could hear his voice in my head,” Pippin spoke again. “And what did you tell him? Speak!” Gandalf yelled again. “He asked me my name, I didn’t answer . . . he hurt me . . .” Pippin whispered looking away. “What did you tell him about Frodo and the Ring?” Gandalf asked in frightening intensity.

We left the room and went to our separate baed to sleep. In the morning we met to speak of Pippin’s foolishness. “There was no lie in Pippin’s eyes; a fool, but an honest fool he remains. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring,” Gandalf spoke as a wave of relief washed over our scared faces.

Gandalf turned to look at at Théoden, “We’ve strangely fortunate. What Pippin saw in the Palantir was a glimpse of our enemy’s plan,” told him. Gandalf turned to me, “Sauron move to strike the city of Minas Tirith. His defeat at Helm’s Deep showed our enemy one thing,” he continued. Then Gandalf turn to look at Aragorn, “The heir of Elendil has come forth. Men are not as weak as he supposed. There is courage still - strength enough left to challenge him,” he continued once more as we listened intently. “Sauron fears this. He will not risk the people of Middle-earth hunting under one banner. He will raise Minas Tirith to the ground before he sees the return of the King,” Gandald spoke with a warning tone. “If the beacons of Condor are lit, Rohan must be ready for War!” Gandalf spoke as he held Théoden’s gaze.
“Tell me. Why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours?” The king whispered bitterly. Aragorn turned to Théoden. “What do we owe Gondor?” the king continued. “I will go,” Aragorn spoke low and urgently. “No!” Gandalf spoke urgently. “They must be warned,” Aragorn spoke again. “They will be. You must come to Minas Tirith by another road. Follow the river, look to the black ships. Understand this . . . things are now in motion that cannot be undone,” Gandalf spoke lowly. “Artemis, Legolas I want you to ride with Aragorn as well,” Gandalf ordered before turning on his heel to see Pippin. “I ride for Minas Tirith! And I won’t be going alone!” Gandalf continued smiling at Pippin.