Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 9

Author's note - I’m sorry this took so long I had school updated another story then my computer went nope and yeah haha but I have a computer now and updating is on it’s way.

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 9

We stepped forward cautiously holding our ground, “One who will have your allegiance,” Aragorn spoke strongly.

“The dead do not suffer living to pass. . .” The King snarled as I looked at him closely.

“You will suffer me!” Aragorn yelled. The King’s malevolent laugh echoed through the caves. The Fog suddenly rolled back forming a retreating wall of gray vapor. Slowly rank upon rank of ghoulish warriors are reveled. Ghoulish faces, rusted swords and tattered banners resting all around us. Aragorn stared at the King of the Dead grimly as took notice to his evil stature. The king smiled evilly at Aragorn as they held each other's gaze.

“The way is shut. . .” The King spoke a chill brushing past us as I grew weaker. “It was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it . . .” He spoke again as the army surrounded us.

“How can a coward that I watched run away in a time of need dare to defeat someone as strong as I now,” I spoke looking directly at the Kind moving towards him slightly.

“Ah the great Queen of the Forests, but no matter of your presence. The way is shut. Now, you must die,” The King snarled as Legolas fired an arrow at the King but it passed straight through him.

“I summon you to fulfill your oath!” Aragorn said desperately as the King snarled his sword above Aragorn’s head.

“None but the King of Gondor may command me!” With a terrifying shriek the king sweeps his sword towards Aragorn’s head. Aragorn raised his sword to answer, sweeping it through the air. The blade of Anduril clashed with the spectral sword the clang of the swords echoing through the caves.

“It cannot be - the line was broken!” The king yelled staring at Aragorn.

Aragorn grabbed the shocked ghost by the neck holding the sharp blade against the ghost’s throat, “It has been remade!” Aragorn release the king turning to address the army. “Fight for us and regain your honor! What say you!” Aragorn yelled.

“Aghhh! Your wasting your time, Aragorn. They had no honor in life, they have none now in death,” Gimli spoke as I lightly patted his head shaking my head at him.

“No Gimli, I knew these men they had honor. they were just afraid. Afraid that their women would no longer have men to take care of them,” I spoke softly as the king looked at me.

“I am Isildur’s heir. Fight for me and I will hold your oath fulfilled. What say you?” Aragorn asked again as silence filled the air around us.

We walk to the ship’s of the dead setting sail for the war that will choose the fate of man. I watch the water’s closely as we move across it smoothly. “It has already begun,” I spoke in a whisper as Aragorn and Legolas snapped their head towards me.

“The war?” Aragorn asked stepping forward.

“Yes, the men lay in battle against the beast,” I spoke again not looking at either of them.

“And what of Frodo?” Aragorn asked as I turned to him. My eyes turned white as I connected to the lines around Frodo watching him move through the spider webs cautiously until the spider poisoned him. After his wrapping two orcs found him taking him away from his gruesome death if left at the hands of the spider. I was pulled from the area as the orcs brought him to their place.

“Frodo has been poisoned by the spider and wrapped in it’s webbing, but the spider did not kill home for the orc have taken him to their place but I do not know anymore. We must hope that Sam can save the boy,” I nodded as they froze in fear.

“Yes, Frodo must be saved,” Legolas nodded as he walked to the spot next to me.

The boat most fast through the water towards our destination
as stood waiting for land. “The war is almost over my queen,” Legolas spoke looking at my pale face

“Yes but many wars our still to come my prince. There will always be another war and death,” I said looking up towards his flawless face.

“Yes, but there will also be life to fill that death,” Legolas smiled.

“Yes children that will step forward and stand where their father’s stood. New kings, queens, princes, and princess that will lead us to greatness if taught the nice ways of their families,” I smiled thinking of the children that run through the forests.

“Do you want a child?” Legolas asked making me blush at the thought.

“Yes I have always wanted a child someone that I could spend the long hours talking to in the forests when another being isn’t around. I just need the right person to love and share the joys of children with,” I blushed again as Legolas smiled down at my flustered self.
The ship sailed into the port area as we sunk low hiding from

the orc. “Late as usual! Get off your ships, you sea rats! There’s knife work here needs doing,” the orc yells, Aragorn jumps from the ship and charges across the docks, roaring at the top of his lungs. We follow soon after jumping over the edge and running down the docks.

“Plenty for the both of us. . . May the best dwarf win!” Gimli yelled and Legolas and I smiled. The army of dead leap straight out of the sides of the ship. They charged across the surface of the water frightening speed.

We clashed with the orcs who feared the spectral warriors. I raised the roots of the land killing the orcs as I walked towards the other battles. As I get closer I see Eowyn plunge her sword into the Witch-King’s head killing it. Legolas jumps atop a Giant Mumakil bringing it down landing safely by Gimli.

“That still only counts as one!” I hear Gimli yell as another orc strike at me. I quickly pull another root wrapping it around him until he is lifeless. The spectral warriors climb upon a Mumakil and it down with ease. Orcs fleeing in their thousands. . . the terrified Mumakil trampling them in their panic to escape. The army of dead swarm over the city routing the orcs.

The fields have become silent, all the orcs have fled, the battle debris and bodies stretch as far as the eye can see. We stand and watch as Aragorn walks across the field of battle towards the King of the Dead. “Release us,” the King said as he stopped walking.

“Bad idea. Very handy in tight spot, these lads, despite the fact, they’re dead!” Gimli said quietly.

“Oh hush Gimli these men have done what they were asked of they have been kept prisoners long enough,” I told him as he scoffed slightly.

“You gave us your word,” the King said looking at him.

“I hold your oath fulfilled. . . Go. Be at peace,” Aragorn tells him. The army slowly dissolves into dust and is swept away by the winds. As Aragorn turns to us Gandalf bows his head in homage.

We walked back to Minas Tirth where we gathered in Tower
Hall. “Frodo has passed beyond our sight. The darkness is deepening,” Gandalf said referring to me. Gandalf turned and crossed the hall.

“If Sauron had the Ring, we would know it,” Aragorn spoke his back turned from Gandalf.

“It’s only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping,” Gandalf spoke still worried and troubled.

“Let him stay there. Let him rot. Why should we care?” Gimli asked from his seat.

“Because ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom,” Gandalf said slightly ashamed of Gimli, “I sent him to his death,” Gandalf continued to himself.

“No Gandalf,” I said looking at him.

“Frodo will not lose. It is not in his nature. I have traveled with the boy’s uncle many times who told me stories of the great Frodo Baggins. Do not lose hope on our dear friend,” I spoke looking at the men before me.

“There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the Plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that,” Aragorn added.

“How?” Gandalf asked turning towards him.

“Draw Sauron’s armies, empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate,” Aragorn explained and at this Gandalf chocked on his pipe.

“We cannot achieve victory from strength of arms,” Eomer said stepping forward.

“Not for ourselves. . . But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron’s eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves,” Aragorn told him.

“A diversion,” Legolas said realizing the full plan.

“Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait!” Gandalf said in a low tone.

“Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?” Gimli ask as we all looked towards him.

“We’re waiting on everyone to get ready,” I said as everyone parted to get ready for the new task at hand.