Chronicles of a Vampire's Slave

CHAPTER ONE: The Beginning

I am Leanna Grange and I am a vampire. This may come as a surprise to you, but I have broken the law. I have told my love, a human, that I am a vampire. And he rejected me. And now I will become a human and be a slave to a vampire.

I awoke to find myself in a room, being in complete darkness. I was weak and brittle, feeling as though something had been sucked out of me. My inner self knew it was the vampire I once was. I gazed through the dark room, knowing that if I were a vampire I would be able to see perfectly fine in the blackness.

I could hear soft murmurs outside of the bedroom. I strained my ears to hear, “Should we erase her memory now?” Came the soft wispy voice and then an, “Ah, our dearest is awake. It's time.”

The door then burst open and two vampires came in, my human heart sped up in fear. I knew the procedure. They were going to take my memories. I began to wiggle, but I was far too weak for them as one held me down and the other gazed into my eyes and the world faded into a gray, bleak, blank page.

*******

I am Leanna Grange, and I am the servant to the vampires I've been a servant since I was sixteen. I'm now twenty-two. Today, I'm being assigned to a permanent vampire. I can only hope I am assigned to someone kind. I know of many who have never been seen again after being assigned.

I sit down in front of the auction house's maid, who brushes my long thick auburn hair and begins to braid it down my back, I'm bare and naked, light purple bruises gracing my skin. I must have gotten them from falling.

The maid's face is blank as she washes and prepares me for auction. She says nothing, her eyes cold as if she's done this a million times. And she probably has. I wonder how much I will be worth to the vampires. If I will even sell. I can only hope to be sold, if I'm not I know I will be sent to a feeder's house, where countless vampires will feed from me, and make me a blood whore. I know that I may be sold for feedings today, as well as for sex. And those are much better than being tainted by countless, hundreds maybe, of vampires to feed from for the rest of my life. Blood is best untainted. They say a blood whore thrives on the high of a vampire bite, they look forward to it, and soon their blood is gone, and they are gone.

I hope not to become one of them.

The maid stands and walks out of the bathroom, and my eyes find myself in the mirror. My eyes are a deep sea green. They stand out against my pale features. I was not always this pale, I remember faintly, the feeling of laying in the sun and my skin being lightly sun kissed. But that seems long ago. It's been too long to remember how I ended up in the position I'm in today, actually I really don't remember. I just know I woke up here one day, and here I am. I was captured, most likely. That's what most of the girls had said about themselves.

The maid soon returns with a light green dress and a pair of flip flops. She pushes my head into the dress and pulls my arms through the sleeves, like I was a small child who could not do so for myself. The maid reminds me of the snooty girls you see in cartoons sometimes, having their noses up in the air like that. I stand as she instructs me and she leads me out to a man wearing sunglasses and slicked back hair. He looks like he's from the mafia, actually. And he nods as if they've done a business exchange. The man grabs me be the hem of my dress and practically drags me like a rag doll.

I stumbled behind him for awhile until finally I was led to a string of girls, all wearing similar dresses, some in different colors. A few girls stare blankly, as if they are an immune robot. I wonder if that's how I look. And then we walk onto the stage, I notice a few girls have tears in their eyes, and I just remain tense as a person begins auctioning us one by one. But, we aren't in an auction house. We're more so in a dark room with men at a long table. One man sits at the head of the table, and others sit close by him. I take it he is their leader. Most of the time vampire clans join auctions and they auction new slaves to each member. This happens a lot, a clan runs out of slaves, or rather, 'personal' slaves and they get new ones. They each pick one of their choice. It's very disgusting. The slave is then used for their pleasure.

There's another table close by this one, only there's one man at it's table. My eyes travel to the man at the lonesome table, he sits there, scrutinizing us all. His eyes soon find me, but his eyes don't look at my eyes. He continues scrutinizing me, from head to toe. I see his eyes rake my body. My eyes look him over, the darkness of the room making it hard to see him. His hair is a light sandy brown and his eyes are a very light blue. I know as soon as my eyes find his, he's a vampire. He's a very wealthy vampire at that. I can tell from the dark mark on the left side of his neck. It's a rare and very wonderful gift, this I know. It means he's of the Dark Circle of Vampire Legion.

A guard walks up and down behind us slaves, he's checking us over each, and scanning us with the scanner. He stops at me and his whip slap my bare legs and I wince, my eyes finding the ground. I know I've been looking up too long. I've shown disrespect. He scans me nonetheless and moves on. That's how it works. We're scanned much like a scanner at a human grocery store.

I stand there as each slave is auctioned, it feels like we've been here for hours, but it's probably only been an hour. You see, vampires aren't as fast as myths say. They have an act for speed when it's needed. But most vampires like to take their time. They have forever to do so. They like to stop and smell the roses, I guess you could say. Some find this moving, I find it annoying.

After five slaves have been auctioned it's finally my turn, I am instructed to look up and I am then brought to the front for closer looks. The guards smirk slightly, they know what's coming. I know what's coming and a rosy blush meets my cheeks as the guards lift my dress. I am completely bare beneath the dress. It would be too much of a hassle if I were not. I squeeze my eyes closed, slightly afraid to open them. The guards let down my dress and vampires chuckle at my petty human squeamishness. I look back down after this and I notice as I do the lonely vampire stares at me, his eyes casting ice as the other table of vampires argue over who gets what. That gives the vampire plenty of time to write down his bid, since he's decided to do so. And whoever bids the most, gets me.

After ten minutes, the table of vampires write in their vote. The auctioneer claps and motions for the lonesome vampire to take me. I look slightly confused. I wasn't expecting him to actually bid on me. I am instructed to look up at my new master. I look up and my deep set green eyes meet his icy blue ones. I shiver from his power, his bitter iciness. It almost makes me shiver.

He watches my face and slowly smiles. I can tell it's a forced smile. It doesn't meet those cold blue eyes. He reaches for me and engulfs me into his arms, I gasp from the sudden feeling of his arms wrapped around me, he's holding me tight enough to feel his room temperature body. All vampires are much like reptiles, taking on the temperature of their surroundings. I feel the eyes of the clan of vampires and then I hear his warm voice, “Let's go then.” I shiver from the power of his soft Russian accent that graces his rough voice.

He lets me go of his hold on me and instead leads me out of the room. He pays the guard my amount and continues outside. He doesn't look back to see if I'm following. He doesn't have to. I follow because I'm intrigued. A few people nod their head in respect and I wonder who he is. I look at him for a while. I feel like I know him, but I don't know how. My eyes once again find his dark mark that graces the right side of his neck. The mark is a simple swirl that swirls in ringlets on his neck and then disappear under his shirt. I find my eyes wondering how it looks beneath his shirt. Or what he looks like under his clothes. It's not like he was the ugliest thing my eyes had ever set on.

He was handsome. He had broad, strong shoulders. His shirt was a simple black t-shirt that clung to his front and shifted and rippled with his muscles as he walked. The thing I found I liked the most about him though, was that he wasn't overly muscled like you often see. He was strong enough to know he was in shape, and had muscle. However, I knew he wasn't bulky and gross beneath his clothes.
My eyes traveled to the leather jacket he wore. I could tell it was fairly knew by how fresh the leather looked. The vampire stopped and gave me a sideways glance and a slow smirk graced his handsome face, “See something you like?” His deep Russian accent called, taunting me.

My cheeks instantly lit fire, and I looked down, my hair falling in my face as I uttered out a, “N-no.” I kept my gaze on the ground and followed him outside. He soon found his car and slid inside, reaching in and opening my door as he started the car. I looked over the black Dodge Charger before sliding inside. His car was admirable. I had never really had much of an interest in cars and really didn't know much.

He drove with ease, staying quiet. I sat in his car, not sure what to say or if I should really say anything at all. He finally spoke though, “I'm Ethan.”

I nodded and bit my lip, “I'm Leanna.”

Ethan chuckled and shook his head, “This is very surreal.” I raised my eyebrows, and turned to stare at him. Was he laughing at me?

“What?” I murmured softly. I felt dazed and confused by this odd, yet strangely familiar vampire.

“Oh, nothing. Just vampire things, Leanna.” He smirked and his hand slid onto my thigh as he snickered. I strained my ears to hear him as he murmured to himself and pressed a button on his phone and Hinder began to play through the speakers of the Dodge.

I wiggled beneath his hand. He was seriously just going to act normally with his hand on my thigh like that? I mean, who just does that? I didn't know this guy. He hadn't even explained what he wanted with me. He never said what my duties were. He was acting as if we knew one another. Yet, here he was, touching my thigh and looking at me like he wanted to eat me. I could see his eyes were dilated. That's a telltale sign a vampire is hungry.

It's not like those cheesy books where a vampires eyes just turned purple or some crap. No. A vampire is someone who is able to fool humans and lure them into drinking their blood. It would be noticeable if their eyes just turned red or black or something.

Ethan drove until we were driving up a long drive way. I noticed this house was at the top of a mountain. We were moving upwards and for some reason my palms started to sweat, I guess I had always been a little afraid of heights. I could tell Ethan could notice my sudden alertness because his eyebrows were raised and he would glance at me from time to time. He finally drove to the top and parked in a drive way. He got out of his car and opened my door. I clambered out of the car and Ethan quickly shut the door, and took my hand in his.

Ethan was already walking inside as I was pulled along, I still tried to look at the house I was being dragged into. The house was a soft white and looked very well taken care of. There were flowers planted in front of the grand wooden porch. The stone path way met in the front and split into three directions, the first leading to the front door, the other leading to a side garage that connected to the average sized house, and the third leading back behind the house. Ethan unlocked the door and walked inside, pulling me in quickly. He then slammed the door shut and pressed me against the door, his eyes flicking from my lips to my eyes quickly. He sighed softly and frowned, picking his hand up to drag slowly through his light brown locks.

My eyes slowly travel from his down to the dark mark gracing the left of his neck. I bring my hand to rest there and Ethan flinches as if I've hurt him and he cocks his head so my hand is stuck between his head and shoulder. My eyes widen and I try to pull my hand free, but he grabs it and places it on his chest. His fingers slowly trace my own, his skin growing warmer from the heat I put off. Ethan tickles the palm of my hand which makes me jump and pull away.

Ethan shakes his head and rubs his face as pulls away as well, turning to walk down a hallway. I look around the front room and smile as I walk over to some pictures hanging on the wall. One is a baby picture that looks almost antique, and the other is a picture of two boys sitting by a lake. I start to follow the hallway Ethan went through, but I see he is no longer there. I bite my lip and look around, trying to see which way he went.

I feel two arms snake around my waist and gasp, as I'm pulled against a well toned and very naked chest. I moan softly when his hands bunch the awful dress I was put into. My breath hitches as his head slowly bends down to kiss my neck lightly, and trails kisses until I feel teeth biting into my neck. My head instantly falls back to rest on the man's shoulder and my hands at my side bunch up the dress. My eyes close and I gasp as my body radiates from the inside out as he draws out my blood and he growls as he pulls away, licking his lips and the bite on my neck.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Ethan in front of me and his face twisting into a look of anger and he growled out, “Thurston.” and then pushed me away and making me fall onto the floor.

I gasped and looked at my attacker, he looked a lot like Ethan. His hair was darker and shorter, and his eyes were a dark murky blue. He was smirking at his brother before nodding,
“Nice piece of ass you got there, little brother.” Thurston then looked down at me and licked his lips, “Fucking delicious as well.” He winked at me flirtatiously. I blushed madly and looked away as Ethan shook his head.

“She is mine, Thurston!” Ethan growled loudly and possessively. He then pulled me up by the hem of my dress and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me roughly, and pried my mouth open to push his tongue into my mouth forcefully, I gasped wiggled away. He pulled away and slapped me, “You are mine, you do what I want, when I want it.” He said and looked back over to Thurston who was shaking his head.

“You always get what you want, huh?” Thurston rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen dismissively. I could tell they were brothers. They seemed to be the kind that fought like cats and dogs.

Would this really be my new life? Being fought over by vampires?
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm, hoping to make this longer.

xoxo,
Maddy♥