Status: Completed

Her Horror, His Pleasure

01/02

It was a warm, fresh summer’s evening in Belleville, New Jersey. Although the sun was setting, the heat was still evident as the large orange star went hiding behind the trees.

Many young children were still playing in the park, enjoying themselves to the full extent. They were so young. Too young to know the dangers and ugliness of the world they lived in.

What was left of the sun reflected off of Lauren’s sunglasses as she smoked a cigarette and drank a glass of wine on her apartment balcony. The glass of wine wasn’t for anything special, it was just to help her relax after a long, hard day at work. Her chosen outfit for the evening, confirmed this; a long, silk, silver robe wrapped perfectly around her slim, naked body. It was far too warm to wear anything else. She always slept naked in the summertime.

Lauren remained outside until it was completely dark. The air conditioning in her room was slightly faulty, and the evening was too beautiful to look away from. The moon shone brightly in the sky, and was surrounded by small, shining white dots that were the stars.

Lauren had always preferred the night to the day. It was quite, peaceful, just as she liked it. It was the only time in the twenty-four hours of the day that she could actually hear herself think. She felt more relaxed when no one was about, and the only company she had was herself. It was just how she was.

She wasn’t a loner. She had plenty of friends, too many if she said so herself. But being alone seemed much more...satisfying.

Of course, the satisfaction didn’t come from being alone itself. It was later on in the night her satisfaction came, but she was positive it wouldn’t happen tonight, just like it hadn’t happened any night for two years. It may have been just a little longer than that. At the most two and a half years.

Lauren finished her last cigarette, putting it out in the small ashtray that was placed on the small, round table on her balcony. With one last look at the wonderful view in front of her, she stood up and went inside her apartment.

Her apartment wasn’t much. A small bedroom for her, a tiny guest bedroom, and one reasonable sized bathroom, a kitchen and a living room. There wasn’t anything else she wanted. She made do with anything she got. Lauren was never one to fuss over anything.

With a quick glance at the round clock hung on her kitchen wall, she knew she should be going to bed now. She had work again in the morning, and hated being late. As tomorrow was a Thursday, she had a meeting to get to. She didn’t want to miss it.

Lauren’s feet guided her to the bathroom where she brushed her teeth until she was happy with them. She washed her face, removing any make-up that was there before. One thing Lauren really hated, was waking up with her eyes stuck together, due to not removing the mascara she wore.

When she was done in the bathroom, she turned around, switching off the light, and left the room. She walked across her bedroom floor to close the doors of her balcony, and shutting the ruby red curtains that hung in front of them. She didn’t like waking up with the sun in her eyes. She also didn’t like it when her neighbor, Anthony Anderson, tried to watch her while she dressed. Lauren didn’t like people staring at her, naked or not.

Turning round, Lauren couldn’t have been more shocked, or surprised if she tried. Her eyes became wide, and her insides began swimming making her feel sick, but in a good way. Her heart beat increased so much, she should be dead. Although the inside of her was reacting, the outside was pretty much frozen. She never thought she would see this man again.

Stood just two meters away, was a man wanted by every state in America, and some states in Canada. Lauren hadn’t seen this man in over two years. But here he was stood in front of her. Her satisfaction.

He was dressed in the same clothes Lauren had last seen him in; a pair of battered black jeans, a white dress shirt with a black tie, and a black vest over it. There was only one difference though, the shirt and vest was covered in blood. His neck, and his cheek had large, thick dots of blood on also.

His hair, still black, was messy. It had always been messy, but not like this. His skin, if possible, appeared to be much paler than the last time she saw him. One thing that hadn’t changed, were his beautiful hazel eyes which were hard, and cold as they bore into Lauren’s own chocolate brown eyes.

Lauren knew then, what he had done.

The blood, the cold stare. The man was a cold blooded killer. She knew this. She had always known, from the moment they saw each other the first time he committed a murder. That was ten years ago. The man made the choice of trusting her with his secret instead of killing her. He was very happy with his choice. They both knew that if Lauren told, that he would find her, and kill her, even though he never voiced this. So Lauren never told. She too was happy with her choice.

After many minutes of silent staring, the man finally moved. He took two large steps forward. Lauren stayed put, as he knew she would. The corner of his mouth lifted up into a smirk, the one Lauren had always loved, “Have you missed me?” His deep voiced asked, sending shivers down her back, but good shivers. His smirk increased, but then fell.

The man took in the woman stood in front of him. She was even more beautiful to him than she was when they first met. He had always been attracted to her, how could he not? He loved how her curly brunette hair hid her flawless face because she hated to be seen. It was just…cute to him. Her lips were a feature of hers he always thought about. No matter where he was, her sweet mouth was always on his mind.

He may be a killer who didn’t care for the lives of anybody, but he cared a great deal for Lauren. He never told her this, of course. He didn’t want her to think he had another side to him, he didn’t want to think there was a vulnerable part to him. But there was. Lauren was what made him vulnerable. Always had been, always will be. Although he felt this way about her, he would not hesitate to kill her if she told, or if there was any other reason to kill her.

The man slowly raised his bloodied hand, and ran his middle finger along her jaw line, leaving a thin, light trail of blood. Lauren didn’t mind. Most things he did, she didn’t mind.

Lauren closed her eyes as she took in the feeling of his fingers touched her skin. She let out a shaky breath before reopening her eyes, “Gerard.” She whispered.

The man named Gerard didn’t answer her. He just kept staring at her. All she was doing was just standing there, but he was feeling weaker. How does she make me feel so weak? He asked himself.

“You didn’t answer my question…have you missed me?” He repeated.

Of course, Gerard was a very impatient man. If he asks a question, he expects to be answered right away. Waiting took up far too much time. But he did sometimes make an exception, for Lauren. He would always make exceptions for Lauren.

Lauren nodded, but then remembered Gerard preferred a spoken answer, “Yes. I have missed you.”

She may have missed him, but she knew why he was here. They both did. Both had expected it, but they didn’t realize it would be so soon. Two years wasn’t long enough for Gerard to make his decision, yet here he was, his mind made up.

Both of them remember the day Gerard had left. Lauren had wanted so much to go with him, but he refused. He didn’t want her to be dragged through the shit that was his life.

Lauren was upset when he left. There was no longer any excitement in her life. But she remembered what Gerard had told her just before driving out of her life. ”If we ever meet again…it probably won’t be the happy reunion you hope for.” Lauren knew what he meant when he said that. She knew right away. But she wasn’t scared, she just didn’t know why. And she will probably never know.

“Who was it this time?” Lauren asked, shakily, gesturing to his red outfit which was meant to be white.

Gerard moved his eyes up her face until he met her eyes, “Let’s just say Mr. Anderson won’t be staring at you anymore,” he half-lied. Yes, he had killed Anthony Anderson earlier today. An easy kill, if he said so himself. But even if he was still alive, after tonight, Anthony wouldn’t have had anything to stare at in the morning.

Lauren knew this, too. It was funny how they both knew things that they never said. It was part of their relationship. Like the fact that Lauren knew how much Gerard adored her. It didn’t need to be said, it was just there in his eyes. Gerard knew how much Lauren loved him, although she knew everything sick and disgusting about him, Lauren looked passed that. She didn’t like it, not at all, but no body can help who they fall in love with.

It was now at the point where Gerard was tired of waiting. He had given Lauren enough time for her to calm down from the shock of him being here. Oh yes, he knew exactly how she was feeling on the inside, even if it wasn’t on show.

He moved his fingers from her delicate face and slid them down her silky robe, liking the feel of it. The blood from his fingers was printed on it. Gerard frowned, not liking red on silver.

Slowly, he moved the material apart, revealing Lauren’s breasts. Gerard never really liked a girl for the way she looks, but he had to say that Lauren’s body was outstanding. It almost seemed unreal. Gerard moved the material further until it got to the tip of her shoulders, where from there it just dropped to the floor in a heap surrounding Lauren’s feet.

Gerard was delighted that her body hadn’t changed too much. She had lost a few pounds but that was all. Gerard had always liked her just the way she was. He almost sighed in relief when he saw that there were no tattoos that had ruined her body. Sure they both shared a dislike to needles, but Lauren had said she would suck it up because she would have liked a tattoo. But she must have changed her mind, because there was no tattoo.

Lauren shivered slightly when she felt his cold fingers against her torso, and his eyes bore into her average sized breasts. She found it weird that Gerard, a killer, could stare at her, and she wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. It had always been this way.

Gerard gripped lightly on her naked hips and pulled her closer to him. Lauren rested her hands on his chest that was covered with the bloodied shirt, “I’m gonna make love to you.” He whispered in her ear.