Status: Hopefully I'll be able to update soon! Coming within the next week!

If and When We Don't Take Medication

Chapter Three- Coyote Attack

“Shit,” I say and sprint down the road to my place. I get about halfway there and turn the camera to see where the wild beasts were. “Holy smokes!” I almost scream. They are about twenty-five feet from me, picking up the pace fast. I run fast than I ever have, the camera moving with my hands. As soon as there is a clearing to the ditch, about 45 feet from my driveway, I jump the ditch, stumbling, but catching myself. “Whew, I almost fell!” I exclaim as I run faster through my yard and I skip all four steps up to my porch. I point the camera to the yard and see thirteen coyotes staring at me.

Thirteen wild animals wanting to sink their teeth into my throat.

“Oh, wasn’t that fun?” I ask. “I’m sorry, it was a bit disorienting watching me run for my life, but, hey. It was worth it. Watch me almost get nommed on—isn’t that awesome? I wonder how long they’ll stay and I wonder what they’ll do if I walk to them, head held high. I’m gonna do it. Shut up; don’t call me stupid.” I walk down the steps, a little wobbly after the run, and walk to the coyotes. I see them start trotting to me, closing the distance. “Better not do that again,” I say, turning around and running up the steps. I head inside and shut the door, leaning on the wall, looking into the camera lens. “Well, guys. Don’t do anything I do. Ever. I seriously don’t want ya’ll getting hurt. I don’t want to get hurt, but I’m not the brightest. I kinda had fun. Plus, I need the exercise. I mean, look at me!” I say, point the camera to my side, showing them my almost flat stomach. “Ha, just kidding. Okay, I’m gonna leave you guys with one more funny thing.” I look around for my tripod. “I left my tripod outside by the field… Damn… Oh, I’ll make do. After I check to see if the coyotes are still out there,” I laugh.
I open the door and look out to see the coyotes have vanished. “Let’s get it!” I exclaim. I set the camera on the railing and do a handstand on the railing, flipping off the rail and over a gap, landing on the old dog house. “That was par core,” I laugh, picking up the camera again and walking to where I set the tripod. I reach down and pick it up. “There it is…A little dirty, but it’ll do.” I jog back up to the house and set the camera and tripod up in the walkway entering the dining room leading from the kitchen. I pick up a folded towel I had set down earlier after I cleared and cleaned the kitchen. I took off my shoes as I lay the towel out on the hard floor. I quickly do a handstand on the towel and it slips out from under me, letting me flip and land on my feet. “That is what I wanted! Finally!” I laugh. “I didn’t practice at all. And, with that, good night,” I smile and shut off the record button. I turn my camera off and head to my room. It was 12:30 already.
I curled up to Fall Out Boy and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, "nommed" is not a word, but Nicole says it often when she is talking about food or eating. I'm sorry the chapter is so short! I have to fix the next one!