Status: Hopefully I'll be able to update soon! Coming within the next week!

If and When We Don't Take Medication

Chapter Eight- Anything But Normal

I wake up with a yawn and look at my watch. 10 o’clock. I sigh and slip out of the bed.
“Oh,” I mumble, realizing I slept next to Patrick last night. “Why are there five of us?”
“Because Pete wanted the band together,” I hear a voice and turn around, seeing a groggy Pete in the door way.
“Aw, that’s sweet,” I smile, walking up to him and ruffling his already ruffled hair.
“C’mon, man. I just fixed that,” he mutters, trying to fix his hair.
“Sorry, bro,” I laugh, walking out of the room. Pete follows and closes the door behind him. “Jesus, they sleep for a long time.”
“Yeah. We all do, but I thought I should wake up early.”
“I can’t help but laugh that you think this is early,” I giggle, sitting on the couch bed.
“Ten is super early for us. We usually wake up at noon.”
“Do you ever wake up early for concerts?”
“Hardly. Sound check isn’t til the evening so we sleep most of the day.”
“Maybe if you went to bed earlier you wouldn’t sleep so late.”
“But we like to stay up late. We tend to write songs and mix music until sunrise.”
“I worked til sunrise. Hard labor. Okay? So you should enjoy the sleep you can catch.”
“Why?”
“I live on a farm, well, did. My grandparents were farmers so I was just born into it. I hated it. I’ve always wanted to live in the city, or at least outside of a city. I’ve hardly ever been to big cities. And I’ve never been to California.”
“Speaking of California,” Pete trails off and wakes up the guys. “C’mon. Should we catch a plane or drive?” I hear him ask.
“We’re driving, Kira. Good thing you didn’t unpack,” he smirks.
“Yeah, no shit,” I chuckle and stand up, stretching. I barge into the room while the guys are half naked and trying to change, not even caring.
“Whoa!” They screech like little girls as I grab my belongings and leave with a chuckle.
Pete and I wait for them in the living room of the hotel room. Eventually, they come out fully clothed and ready to drive.
“Ready?” Patrick asks everyone.
“Yep!” we all respond.
Everyone, including the crew, walks to the van and trailer. We shove most of our things in the back and hop into the van, ready to get to California. I squeeze in next to Pete and Patrick again with Joe and Andy behind us. Justin drives and Travie is in shotgun.
Patrick yawns and says, “Why did we have to leave so early?”
“Did you want to get to California at four in the morning?” I ask him.
“Least I’d be fully rested,” he whines.
“Dude. You should be awake like a normal person,” Pete butts in.
“Okay, even I sleep in til 2 in the afternoon sometimes and I’m not normal.”
“Ha! See? She’s anything but normal!” Patrick says, holding onto me like a child.
“Why don’t you just sleep on the ride? C’mon,” I tell him and make him settle his head on my shoulder. He dozes off quickly.