Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

the move!

i was never good at apartment hunting,but then again i never really had to...it was from my parents, to college dorms, to bunking with my best friend following graduation.but now four years later i find myself alone in a new city,new job and embarking on a new adventure...thing is at times i find myself wishing that city was NYC!!

spending all day running from upper Manhattan to Brooklyn was finally was taking it's toll on me,then again what do you expect when you miss breakfast and replace lunch with an apple and a cup of coffee...needless to say my power gauge was close to hitting low,all of a sudden my colorful summer dress went from perfectly dry to dripping wet, add to that a mud facial i don't recall asking for,i look up trying to make sense of what just happened but all i saw was a cycler screaming ''sorry'' as he disappeared 'round the corner. giving it all up would've been the smart/wise thing to do but then again i was never the quitting type especially that there was only one apartement left on the list.

''you must be sarah..hi am joey,come on in''

i walked in trying my best to pull on my dress in an attempt to look presentable considering the state i was in following the accident i had earlier which all added to how nervous i really was.

''was it easy to find the place?'' he had a friendly smile which helped put me a bit at ease
''ya,pretty much''
''well,let me show you around then''

the place wasnt much two bedrooms,kitchen a cozy living room...it was PERFECT!!

''sooo,you tiny bit interested?''
''are you kidding me, this is the best thing i've seen all day...''
''fantastic, few questions first though...''
''ofcourse! ask away''
''1.are you crazy/mad/insane 2.you a convicted fugitive of any kind ,last and most important you don't have any pets do you??''
''no,no and definitely not''

he breathed a sigh of relief and added '' last week i interviewed this great person, but she ended up to be a crazy cat lady, i kid you not she had 8 of them..she was willing to pay double the rent but i was not having it''
''oh wow!! craaaazy..speaking of rent,your ad doesn't mention payment''
''right! well it's 4oo $ a month and all other expenses would be split between the two of you''
''am sorry come again!''
''didn't i mention, this flat would be a joint property''
''acually joe u have failed to mention that part''
''it's not going to be a problem is it'' giving me his best disappointed face

he went on to explain how the other roomie is usually busy and is quite good at keeping to himself in an attempt to sway my vote closer to a yes...and honestly by that point i couldn't careless if the dude was a biker who throw ragers every night...i was simply glad i found a place of my own i could call home.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think...enjoy!!