Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

I.C.U

''am her husband''

The words escaped me before I got the chance to think it through, hearing them out loud surprised even me...It took me a minute to recover it's impact; meant to turn around and apologize for the lie but it was too late...the nurse behind the desk was now leading me to the ICU.

''this is as far as I can take you Mr. Criss, no one is allowed inside the room...doctor's orders'' stressing the last part
''when can I meet the doctor?''
''they'll be here at seven for morning rounds'' I lifted my wrist to check the time but it was blank, looked around and the wall clock beamed 12:50 am in bright red. I turned back to thank the nurse but she was gone already.

I found myself standing alone in the middle of the waiting area; a window was all that separates me from Sara's room...another nurse was inside standing by her bedside; recording the figures on the monitor and checking the IV lines attached to the pale hand on the bed...I couldn't make out much from behind the nurse so I had to assume it was her hand. My hand automatically flow to the back of my head as I remembered the last time we were together.

FLASHBACK

''what are the odds that we both end at the same speed dating event'' she shot me a look
''go figure'' neglecting her suspicious tone
''let me guess...he called you?''
''close! he sent me a text''
''of course! the ever so subtle Taylor'' saying the last part more to herself than anything
''what was that?!''
''nothing, never mind'' she smiled softly ''so where to?''
''there is this awesome Deli not far from here; discovered it by accident one day walking around the city with Joey''
''lead the way''

She walked in silence; taking in the scenery totally engulfed in the surrounding...she'd smile at me whenever she catches me staring then she'd go back to basking in the beauty of the city, I couldn't help but watch her...

''tell me something I don't know'' she said breaking the silence
''did you know animals can predict earthquakes?'' I speak non sense when am caught off guard
''good to know! but I meant something about you'' laughing between words
''ooh! hmm, I never got to go to my senior prom...I was grounded for sneaking out the house''
''harsh!'' she rubbed up and down my arm in a comforting fashion '' your turn''
''before a doctor, I wanted to be a teacher''
''I can see it, the pencil skirt, the glasses, hair pulled back in a tight bun'' I said teasing
''not THAT kind of teacher'' giving me a slight push
''am just messing with ya, go ahead'' she gently linked her arm to mine
'' if you must know; a kindergarten teacher!''
''ok! let's see...I failed my driving test twice'' I could hear the snarky comment forming in her brain so I intercepted ''...still a better driver than you'll ever be missy'' she pretended to be hurt for a minute then declared '' true that''

More confessions were shared between the two of us up until we reached our destination, we sat long enough to order our food to go...we both agreed to keep on walking and talking, it was her turn again to share a secret!

''this next one might jeopardize our friendship Dare'' she stated with all seriousness
''I doubt, but go on''
''I, i..have never...watched any of the star wars movies'' she spat the last sentence all in one breath

I stopped in my tracks for a dramatic effect then shrugged and started walking again...''now I know what we are watching next time we have a movie night''

''you are taking this better than I thought you would'' she joked
''admitting the problem is the first step of treatment, you need help and am here to provide it'' I joked back
''you're a funny man Criss'' a hint of sarcasm in her voice

The silence fell back between us the rest of the way as we were both out of things to share...we took our last steps towards the apartment building and were now standing at it's front door. Sara let go of my arm and stood facing me..

''if this was a date, this would be the art where we say goodnight and I'd tell you what I great time I had'' she said playfully
''...and I'd say'' I took a step closer ''we should do it again some time''
she was struggling to hold back a chuckle but composed herself enough to continue the play ''are you asking me out on a 2nd date?''

It was now or never I thought to myself... I stepped even closer to where she stood '' only if the answer is yes''...I took her face in my hands;slowly pulling her closer to mine...She slowly placed her hand on to of mine, eyes closed... I could hear her whisper my name just before I closed the gap between us with a kiss. She was the one to break the contact, she rested her forehead on mine and barley whispered ''we should get inside''

AT THE WAITING AREA

The dull aching pain on my neck pulled me out of my sleep...I don't remember how I ended up on the chairs, let alone sleeping the night away...All I know is it was now 7am and there was a doctor standing there addressing me formally.

''Mr. Criss, I apologize for waking you...I am Dr. Roberts; I was the doctor on call when your wife was brought in''
''she's not my...'' I stopped when the realization hit me that to them am still her husband, so instead I decided to get as much info as I could
''can you tell me what happened doctor?'' I pleaded
''Ms. Johnson, was involved in a car accident near Mercy West hospital...police report stats that she was parked close to an intersection and another vehicle couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting the car from the passengers side, unfortunately Ms. Johnson wasn't wearing her seatbelt which lead to sever head trauma during the impact''
''is she going to be ok?''
''all her test were reassuring, we are now waiting for her to wake up to be able to further evaluate her condition'' she spoke in a cold, detached fashion
''and when is she going to wake up?''
''we don't have an exact answer to that question Mr. Criss...but for now would you like to see her?''
''more than anything''