Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

Limbo!

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep

''aghh!! I don't remember changing my alarm tone...too tired to hit the snooze button, maybe if I kept my eyes shut I can block the noise...There!''

''excuse me doctor: I have the results you asked for''
''what results?'' my eyes still closed

''...I'll just add them to the charts, sorry for interrupting'' The footsteps found their way out,closing the door behind them...That's when I was aware I had company and I wasn't the ''doctor'' referred to earlier.

........

''...as I was saying Mr. Criss''
''please call me Darren''
''...the past 24 hours passed with no complications and all the reports show that her condition needs no further ICU stay''
''then why isn't she waking up still, and when?''
''the coma could be her body's way to deal with the stress it was put on during the accident...as to the when; that's where you come in''
''what can I do?''
''what she needs now is to be surrounded by people who care for her, and who's better than family to ease her back to consciousness''
''CRAP!! family...I should call her parents'' he swore to himself

........

''accident, coma, ICU''

Those three words echoed in my head and I was trying as hard as I could to make sense of how they all fit together especially when am the ''her'' they were discussing...Suddenly I felt a migraine coming on....''what the hell is happening?''

........

Pacing up and down the hospital's halls was slowly becoming a thing Darren would do lately, this time he has his phone to his ear waiting for the other end of the line to answer his call...He finally chose to lean against a wall contemplating what were the right words to use.

''Taylor, hey it's Darren....Sara's roommate?!...I didn't know who else to call but I need a favor,do you by any chance know how to reach Sara's parents? ..You do!! that's great...would you please send me those numbers....Thanks!''

''Now comes the hard part; how do you call someone's parents _ who you've never spoken to before_ to tell them their daughter was in a car crash almost two days ago but I forgot to call...oh! not to mention she hasn't woken up since....Now matter what or how I deliver it there will sure be panic''

He didn't realize he was saying all this out loud still using the wall for support...Letting out a deep sigh; he sinks to the floor '' man up Dare, all you need to do is make the call''

.........

Every 30 minutes like clock work I'd hear the now familiar footsteps walking in, finding their way bedside charting, checking and poking away while dishing the latest gossip from around the hospital...

''where is he today?'' said the one replacing my IV line
''Mr. Criss you mean?''

It's weird hearing them refer to him as Mr. Criss

''yes! Mr. dreamy eyes..''

Alright, I think I prefer ''Mr. Criss'', let's go back to that

''..the doctor convinced him to head home ; he's been sleeping on the chairs at the waiting room for almost two days now''
''it's heartbreaking watching him stand there at the window looking at her, can't even begin to imagine what must be going through his head seeing her like this''
''poor thing, he must be exhausted; but I understand not wanting to leave her alone, seems like he's all she's got''
''no actually I heard her parents are flying in, they'll be here tomorrow''
''you know what's puzzling me though; neither of them is wearing a band'' I felt her fingers over my left hand
''I noticed that as well, but I didn't want to say anything'' the other voice gasped loudly
''bands or not, he is defiantly acting like a worried husband''

Wait!! what?... Did she just say ''husband''....NO!! come back, don't leave

..........

Back at the house Darren was supposed to be resting but he soon realized that wasn't going to happen; his brain had plans of it's own...to haunt him of images of Sara waking up alone. he finally gave up on trying to sleep and decided to shower, change and perhaps eat.

That shower was exactly what he needed, once done he stood staring at his own reflection ''it's funny how it changed from 36 hours ago'' he thought to himself...The idea of shaving his face crossed his mind in an attempt to fix his appearance, but weighting the level of tired he was it clearly wasn't the best idea.

He got himself dressed, not even bothering with feeding himself and ran out the door back to the hospital.

''she needs me there''
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to all those who commented so far and to all 9 of you who chose to subscribe to this, am extremely grateful...I hope this doesn't disappoint!!

enjoy