Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

Home

The last of the boxes was pushed into my car which meant today was the day i officially get to move in.

''hold that please..''

a hand held the cold steel open as i rushed through......running while trying to balance a few boxes and a bag wasn't such a good idea...the brown tower tilted to the side giving into gravity but then it suddenly reached a halt

''here, let me give you a hand with that'' his voice was both warm and friendly
''thanks!''
''which floor?''
''3rd floor..''

i felt bad letting a total stranger carry my things so i was trying my best to make this experience as short as possible,but of course it take several minutes to remember which bag has the keys..he just stood there watching my fiddle through my random stuff till i finally found it!

''where do you need these?''
''right there by the door would be just fine'' i managed a ''thank you and sorry for the trouble'' as he placed it all to where i asked him to

''don't mention it...am Darren by the way''
''Sara'' i took his hand in mine, and got to see the face behind the boxes..he had the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen.

''oh ya, hey..joey told me to expect you earlier today''
''wait!! you mean to tell me you live here?!!''
''didn't Joe tell you?''
''no,i mean yes..he mentioned i'd have a room mate but he failed to mention that room mate would be a ''he''...!''
He stepped in closer and whispered '' you know,i wouldn't be surprised that even after all these years he didn't manage to notice'' he followed that with a cute but miserable attempt at a wink that you can't help but smile at...''hope it aint a problem though!''

''no it's fine,i was taken a bit by surprise that's all''
''OK then,is there anything else i can help you with''
''not really,that was the last of it...i was planning on putting this bed together so i'd have somewhere to sleep at least in the midst of all the mess...you any good with your hands?''

He smiled to the floor looking amused before uttering ''let's find out''

The next hours were spend in my bedroom floor both of us trying to understand what goes where,which was a complete disaster...so eventually it was decided that maybe we should give the instruction manual a try.

''i believe we did a good job,don't you''
''looks like a bed to me!''
''we should give it a try to see how stable it is''
that comment deserved a raised eyebrow on my behalf which he completely missed since he was in the middle of jumping full force onto the bed.

''am guessing it's good,all ready for use''
''glad to hear'' it was refreshing how such a hot guy could make an explicit suggestion sound so innocent..it's as if he doesn't even realize he was doing it, but then again i was the one who unintentionally started the trend

''dinner?''
''yes please am starving..''

Darren was the king of guy that can make you feel as if you were a good friend of his,he had this energy about him that would put you at ease,makes you want to tell him your life story and have no doubt in your mind that he'd listen.

''so why New York?''
''honestly, i needed to prove something to myself'' he had a question mark drawn all over his expression ''.. i come from a family where being a girl means that there are certain limitations to your potentials, to what you can and cannot do or be..for the most part i gave into it cause there was no point in fighting against it,but eventually i realized that i can indeed accomplish much more with my life than am lead to believe, so one day i sat my parents down and basically told them that am leaving''
''wow! that's brave,how did they take it?''
''all i can tell you is they call me every now and then hoping i'd say they were right and that am moving back...as much as am loving my life as it is now,am terrified of proving them right''

''trust me you won't, you seem like a tough cookie that would definitely go places'' He looked me straight in the eye as he said that ''it's nice meeting you Sarah, and goodnight for now''.

Al thought it's been less than 24 hours since we've meet, but there was something about his words that resonated with me, his tone of voice showed certainty and assurance and for the first time in a long time i believed that maybe i can do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
more to come stay tuned..!!!