Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

A Smile!

''morning'' he said with that ever so charming smile
''arrghhh...''
''not much of a morning person i see!''

He wasn't wrong,for the most part am a nice,calm happy person...but the mornings had this effect on me,i'd rather not talk or be talked to and you would not catch a glimpse of a smile anywhere!! the only thing i'd react to is the aroma of freshly made coffee..

''coffee?''
''black!'' i simply sat there allowing the substance to fill my body...i could feel my muscles relax getting me ready to face the day.

''you got any plans for the day?''
''not much...you?''
''work'' he took at his watch as he answered,took a rushed sip of his coffee and ran towards the door ''...oh by the way before i forget,my friends are throwing us a house warming party this weekend;supposed to be a surprise but joey slipped as always.i made a list of things we need,feel free to add to it, see you later''

There wasn't much for me to do with myself so i decided to further explore the apartment and before i knew i was int the kitchen exercising one of my greatest passions...baking! it was 1 pm when i heard him come in.

''it smells delicious in here, what are you making?''
''heeey! there is some apple crumple in the oven''
''you seem in a better mood!''
''well it aint the morning now is it!...you had lunch yet?''
''nope''
''in that case why don't you go freshen up while i fix us something''

It took him 20 mins before he was side by side in the kitchen helping, making a bowl of salad and setting the table as i got the dishes for us to sit,chat and eat.

''so how do you and joey know each other?''
''we graduated from the same school U of M, been best friends ever since''
''you moved to New York together after grad?''
''not exactly,he lived here for a while and i had plans to move to L.A, he invited me over one summer, and by the end of the vacation i found that i was in love with the big apple and here we are''
''awesome! you mentioned that you're originally from SF ...'' busy stuffing pasta into his mouth, he only managed to nod ''...and now Michigan,New York, L.A..your parents must be cool''
''they are great,extremely supportive of both my brother and I, they'd always used to say go explore the world, be free and know you can always come back''
''they sound great..''
''indeed they are, best parents anyone could ask for''

I had to change the topic and fast before those tears stinging my eyes found their way down my cheeks.i had to find a way to escape...''dessert?''

it was an attempt to escape his gaze, instead he motioned for me to stay and started clearing the table, placing the dishes in the washer and come back carrying the apple crumble wearing an Elmo mitten on his hand...it's only been a few weeks, but so far this boy never seizes to amaze me with the person he's turning out to be,he's like no other I've met or think i'd ever meet.

''let's take this outside,shall we''

we both sat there quite, each looking ahead lost in deep thoughts....

'' you alright?''
''am fine, just enjoying the silence'' he returned my smile.
''speaking of silence,i needed to call you earlier then it hit me that i don't have your number..'''

That got a genuine smile out of me...

''what does that have to do with silence?''
''absolutely nothing, but it got you to smile..'' he was staring at me with those gorgeous hazel green eyes ''...but seriously,your number''

He handed me his phone, and i began typing those familiar digits when i noticed his background...it was a big group of people in what seemed like some sort of themed park, he must have noticed i was staring at his phone..

''that's me at the far left corner''
''seems like a fun group'' i said as i handed him back his phone...
''you'll get to see for yourself just have much fun they can be...so what should i save you as? you got any nicknames?!''
''not really, but all who's close to me calls me sue...long story!!'' felt my phone vibrate before i could explain where it came from
''there, and now you have mine...and on that note i got to go rest up''

He stood there for a second, and before i knew it he had me in his arms '' thank you for that,i haven't had a home cook meal in a while..it was perfect'' he planted a sweet kiss on my cheek and turned away. he was acting like it was the most normal thing to do; hugging your roommate and whispering a thank you before giving her a kiss,making her lose touch with reality for a second there...then again maybe it is and am making a big deal out of the whole thing, i never lived with a boy before this after all....either way,all i know is he smelled so darn good!
♠ ♠ ♠
as always enjoy..!