Status: am a first timer,so bare with me =)

Here Goes Nothing..

Lily

''Dr.Johnson to the reception...calling Dr.Johnson to the reception''

It's been a week since administration gathered all pagers for an upgrade and now instead of the short beeps at the side of your coat telling you where you were needed; they had the front desk announce your name and station loudly on speaker for everyone within hearing distance.

''Hey Abby,what have you got for me''
''those charts need your signature on them'' The sweet, middle aged,red head handed over a pile of clipboards for me to put my name on.

''are the interns in for rounds yet?''

She was int the middle of answering phones and guide around inquiring traffic but she still manages to give an answer

''Dr. McLean gathered all interns for a meeting about an hour ago''
''i see,that means am doing rounds solo today'' i scrambled my name onto the last sheet and handed the pile over ''thanks Abby''

After two month of being lost on my way to lab and having no clue which way was my office;i established my own routine,discovered various shortcuts and even came around a secluded area for when i wanna be left alone with my thoughts.One of the many habits i picked was spending atleast an hour everyday at the chemo ward of the peads department...something about those kids can melt away your troubles instantly, it's fascinating how despite all they have to go through especially at such a young age , they still possess their innocence and kindred spirits.

After a long day of rounds, patients and exams i was half way to peads when i heard a voice calling after me...

''Sara, yo..wait up''
''DARREN!! what are you doing here"
''you weren't answering your phone so i had to come down and find you'' i took a look at my phone to find 9 missed calls and 6 texts.

''i forgot to turn it back on after rounds..sorry!''
''it's fine, am here now...so you ready?'' i must've had a lost look up my face causing him to to l ook at me suspiciously ''the movies?we had plans!! rings any bells?''
''oh crap! Darren am so sorry,it totally slipped my mind'' despite my best apologetic face ,he still seemed disappointed.

''please tell me you're not about to cancel the plans,i've been looking forward to this all week''
''no..no..no! not at all,am done with work and was heading out'' he seemed a bit relived. though he sensed there was a ''but'' coming.

''it's just, there is this one last thing i need to do before we go...you could come with if you'd like''

The kids were in the playroom for their daily recess where they get to watch movies, throw plays and get creative, a chance for them to forget the hospital and the treatments for a few hours.Each group was busy doing their own thing as we both walked in..

''SUE!!'' an adorable five year old yelled as soon as we were spotted and jumped from the paint table straight into my arms.

''hey Lily, how are you today?''
''fiiiine! did you get me the chocolates you promised?'' she was quick to ask.
''i don't know where my mind is at today'' she looked at me confused still waiting for an answer, i had to look to Darren for help.

''am sensing a pattern here''
''not helping'' he rolled his eyes and kneeled to the floor addressing the little lady.

''Lily right? am Darren''
she ignored his extended hand and cozyed closer to my neck.
''sue here might have forgotten the chocolates but lucky for you i always carry an extra bag of jelly beans around...you wanna help me finish them?''

He shook the goods near her ear as a proof that he wasn't lying, also a cheap attempt to win her attention and no surprise there, it worked like a charm cause she was now settled on Darren's lap with both hands deep into the bag trying her best to get as much as her small hands could grab.

They both sat there discussing all the different colors and flavors,likes and dislikes of those tasty treats which attracted the attention of the others who were soon to circle around Darren sharing stories and beans.

''you have some funny eyebrows Mr...'' Lily searched the ceiling for her new best-friend name but got nothing ''..i forgot your name'' she said giggling.
''that's ok, my name is not as cool as Lily..'' another kid interrupted him ''it's short for Lilian''
''yeah but i prefer LILY!!'' she protested back at the boy.

''i prefer Lily too'' he whispered to her extracting the cutest shy smile you'd ever witness...of course he can even charm a five year old into falling in love with him ''...and you can call me Daisy or Dare Bear''

They all bursted out laughing at the choices he gave, some even repeating them and laughing some more, but Lily still on Darren's lap was not joining in the riot instead she seemed deep in thought.

''i like Daisy better, this way we can both be named after a flower'' she gave him a peck on the cheek before climping down to return to the drawing she abandoned earlier.

The rest followed not long after, each returning to their past tasks but not before we collected as many hugs and kisses from the girls and awsome high fives from the boys _or dudes as Darren chose to refer to them as.he was still on the floor delivering his last squeeze when i approached his side.

''shall we, you don't wanna miss you movie''
''yeah!!'' he straightened his jeans and added '' although this beats any lame super hero movie''

I smiled behind him knowing exactly how he felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys, for those of you who subscribed to this story i thank you dearly, and readers thank you for taking the time to check it out and sorry this update took a while...as always enjoy!